Am I going Crazy or have the prices of our beloved Diablo's started going up ?

Night Life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the last year I'm sure most of you have noticed the price starting to sky rocket for the Almighty Countach . In 1 year alone prices jumped average of $80K, and hardly any up for sale anymore, which is fantastic news. :eusa_dance:

As of last few months though I have noticed fewer and fewer Diablo's for sale, there were always 20 to 30 cars on the market at any given time in either Autotrader, DuPont, E-Bay etc..

Now maybe a handful up for grabs and most at a higher price point than last year. There are still 1 or 2 under $100K but most older models are averaging $150K+ some as high as $230K. If it happened overnight with the Countach I guess it is possible for the Diablo's.

So if you're thinking of selling yours I would take time to reconsider your actions, you might be selling a classic that will jump in price fairly quickly. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the last year I'm sure most of you have noticed the price starting to sky rocket for the Almighty Countach . In 1 year alone prices jumped average of $80K, and hardly any up for sale anymore, which is fantastic news. :eusa_dance:

As of last few months though I have noticed fewer and fewer Diablo's for sale, there were always 20 to 30 cars on the market at any given time in either Autotrader, DuPont, E-Bay etc..

Now maybe a handful up for grabs and most at a higher price point than last year. There are still 1 or 2 under $100K but most older models are averaging $150K+ some as high as $230K. If it happened overnight with the Countach I guess it is possible for the Diablo's.

So if you're thinking of selling yours I would take time to reconsider your actions, you might be selling a classic that will jump in price fairly quickly. :)

hahaha.. we have discussed this in this Diablo thread, the countach thread, and the General thread.. They are definitely on the rise!

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71982

About two years ago, I was seeing a serious low point in the market where three average 91/92 cars sold for between 59-64k. Even the SE started to get silly. VT's seemed to be ~70-80k, and the SV hovered around 115k. I don't get the sense that there is a crazy demand push like the Countach. We might need to wait until the 90's teens hit 40 to see that, but the inventory does seem to be similar to the CT's circa 2009 before that car's first signs of rise. Everyone talks about the later models and special editions commanding the future big prices, and I'm sure they'll be pricey, but I'm thinking that the guy who bought a 1991/92 Diablo at 60k is going to be the big winner.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71982

About two years ago, I was seeing a serious low point in the market where three average 91/92 cars sold for between 59-64k. Even the SE started to get silly. VT's seemed to be ~70-80k, and the SV hovered around 115k. I don't get the sense that there is a crazy demand push like the Countach. We might need to wait until the 90's teens hit 40 to see that, but the inventory does seem to be similar to the CT's circa 2009 before that car's first signs of rise. Everyone talks about the later models and special editions commanding the future big prices, and I'm sure they'll be pricey, but I'm thinking that the guy who bought a 1991/92 Diablo at 60k is going to be the big winner.

and the few I know that bought 6.0s for $125K last year....

the question is whether the Diablos will catch up to the Ford GTs?

It's a giant conspiracy. All these threads are fueling the price increase and the bubble is about to burst! Everyone needs to consider putting their car on the market before this happens, preferably at the same prices that were available a year ago. :icon_mrgreen:

and the few I know that bought 6.0s for $125K last year....

the question is whether the Diablos will catch up to the Ford GTs?

C, I'm hoping the FGT will catch up to a CGT. My guess is the answer to both of our questions is probably no:/

C, I'm hoping the FGT will catch up to a CGT. My guess is the answer to both of our questions is probably no:/

The FGTs selling for big bucks are very low mileage examples... Driven cars with similar mileage sell for substantially less..

Myself being the lucky owner of 2 Diablo 6.0s (One the SE) I'm thrilled to see these cars start appreciating. They were such bargains a couple years ago. The Countach cars are out of a lot of peoples budgets now, so i suspect they are looking to the Diablo as an alternative and let s face it, the Diablo holds almost as much prescence on the road as a Countach.

I m sure this year we're going to see Diablo cars actually sell for $200k +

Myself being the lucky owner of 2 Diablo 6.0s (One the SE) I'm thrilled to see these cars start appreciating. They were such bargains a couple years ago. The Countach cars are out of a lot of peoples budgets now, so i suspect they are looking to the Diablo as an alternative and let s face it, the Diablo holds almost as much prescence on the road as a Countach.

agree 100% with Kurt

now that F40 and countach are too expensive for many buyers we will see diablos climbing.

A few GREAT examples of Diablos already have sold for 200K plus. There was the LOW mile #40 Brown SE at BJ last year over 200K, I sold my GOld SE low mile car approx 6 months ago for over $200K and there is car #XX Brown SE has just recently traded hands here in the states for over $200K....granted these are all SE cars, but the standard 6.0 cars are not far behind.

• 2 weeks later...
Asking prices in the UK are getting crazy!

97 SV - £152K

I'll believe all the prices when we start to see these cars actually sell for these numbers. Till then, it's just like the $78k junk bucket Espada that sold on ebay last week, only numbers.

zack please don't sell yours! I love your car!

You wouldn't believe how close I came to selling it last month - only reason I didn't was due to a VAT complication..

It took me coming very close to selling it though to realise just how much I love that car - no way I'm selling it now!

( In fact - got a little 'Fortis' style garage modification going on at my house at the moment..... :icon_thumleft: )

You wouldn't believe how close I came to selling it last month - only reason I didn't was due to a VAT complication..

It took me coming very close to selling it though to realise just how much I love that car - no way I'm selling it now!

( In fact - got a little 'Fortis' style garage modification going on at my house at the moment..... :icon_thumleft: )

That's great news, I know you will regret it too much if you sell it! Please show us the garage reno :icon_thumleft:

I was offered $140k for mine over a year ago, and didnt even think about selling it.. What would I replace it with?

I was offered $140k for mine over a year ago, and didnt even think about selling it.. What would I replace it with?

Exactly!

This car was on the market for $229k last week. I don't think the $1.1mm periscopia sale is hurting anything either.

This car was on the market for $229k last week. I don't think the $1.1mm periscopia sale is hurting anything either.

Which car was that?