7 Dead in California

Odyssey

I think we need to get to a place, where the police are being trained to treat mental health calls like they handle DV calls. We don't really care if the suspect says he didn't do anything. As a matter of fact, we don't really care if the complainant says he didn't do anything. If there is a shred of evidence if DV, he's going in. And the courts can sort it out... How did we get there? We started holding departments liable when they fucked up and somebody got killed....

For some reason, were seeing these nut jobs do these rampages... And we have the profile of how they are acting before hand. Yet when the cops (in multiple instances now, james Holmes, Navy shipyard, gabby giffords guy, this guy) the police have been notified by family or doctors that they are a danger.... And the cops are treating it like a joke...

When a dr or family member call the cops for a mental health issue, the police should be a taxi service at that point.... And they should grab a warrant to toss the house and car... And that's it...

Police still are of the mindset that they are supposed to respond to crimes that have been committed rather than preventing crimes where they can be prevented.... "He hasn't broken any laws... Yet..." Is not a valid excuse when you have a shrink telling you he's 5150.

Sadly, it appears as if the police are putting themselves in the "We'll make the call" department, when they should just be enforcing what the people above them have created.

Most of the officers I've met are college drop outs (if they even made it to a credible college) and look at the trade as a way to make a living without having to have a formal education. I know a few acquaintances that are officers and I wouldn't trust them with my car, my dog, or even my favorite book let alone the intricacies of law, character judgement or anything else for that matter.

This looks to be another case of Officers Fife and Costello calling an audible in the field, and it cost a lot of people their lives. What a shame.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are links to the cache for the rest of the pages to the BB.com thread you guys posted, plus a rebuttle thread where someone called the dude out for being crazy. Those forums mods are going wild and banning anyone who sais anything about the guy or the threads.

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

page 5

page 6

Rebuttle Thread

Linkies no worry. At least on my ipad...

We've had one instance where a crime happened, and I had SERIOUS concerns that the suspect had posted here before the event.... But he had been banned years earlier and in the end I don't think my concerns were born out...

Trust me... If one of you points a moderator here (we can't read every thread) towards a thread like the one referenced above (somebody referred to "serial killer vids" which would have pulled me in like flies to shit) we won't have to hide it afterwards... Because I am turning their asses in...

EG... My partner in crime discovered a VERY disturbing Facebook page. About 2 years ago.. The owner of which is obviously schizophrenic. We both reported it to multiple agencies (including the US secret service, so you get the idea of the threats). The page is still up and updated regularly. I have it in my bookmarks and check on it every now and then to see if she's still rolling in crazy. But I believe the owners is absolutely insane... Probably suicidal, and possibly a danger to others... But I did what I can do...

Eh, they were working when I linked it, I'll get this internet thing figured out eventually.

You should be able to go to this reddit thread and the links are on there, just scroll down.

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/26fa...orum_calls_out/

I have no doubts you guys would be on top of something like this. There is all kinds of disturbing shit on BB.com tho , some of it is funny as hell but also a ton of dumb kids with no guidance in life. They probably have to delete hundreds of threads and ban hundreds of people a day, no joke.

When a dr or family member call the cops for a mental health issue, the police should be a taxi service at that point.... And they should grab a warrant to toss the house and car... And that's it...

Sounds like a plan, but how would we do that; i.e. take someone's word for it that the subject is a loon? Grab 'em and sort it out at the station? And then what do we do when the cops release someone who goes on a rampage later despite their best training? I'm asking because I don't as much about how the law machine works. I just wouldn't want a situation where people are calling in family members like ordering pizzas. Even if we ended up with some kind of quantifier like 1/100 crazies is rampage material to act as a cop throttle, there's always someone crazier to beat the odds.

It's the case of trying to find what's wrong with a car that's making an intermittent noise. If the noise isn't happening when we're there, the problem can't be identified and there is an equal probability that we're dealing with something not serious as there is with something very serious. I shudder to think that the only solution is more manpower and government.

I can see maybe taking a family members word as just tipoff to look further, but when his board certified psychologist calls the police saying go pick this guy up, then IMO they should leave their judgment in the car and do as they are told. Or at least do more than talk to him for five minutes at the front door.

Sounds like a plan, but how would we do that; i.e. take someone's word for it that the subject is a loon? Grab 'em and sort it out at the station? And then what do we do when the cops release someone who goes on a rampage later despite their best training? I'm asking because I don't as much about how the law machine works. I just wouldn't want a situation where people are calling in family members like ordering pizzas. Even if we ended up with some kind of quantifier like 1/100 crazies is rampage material to act as a cop throttle, there's always someone crazier to beat the odds.

It's the case of trying to find what's wrong with a car that's making an intermittent noise. If the noise isn't happening when we're there, the problem can't be identified and there is an equal probability that we're dealing with something not serious as there is with something very serious. I shudder to think that the only solution is more manpower and government.

On the "Taking someone's word for it" its easy.... You make it a Felony to file a knowingly false report. Just like it is for any other SERIOUS malicious report.

Any one of you could call up my local PD, and say, "Yeah, that RomanDad... He beats his wife and kid..." and make my life pretty unpleasant for a few hours or days.... Why don't you? Because its a fcuking lie, and when the cops find out its a lie, theyre going to arrest YOU, and then, Im going to sue your fcuking asses into oblivion.... I'm going to make you my personal fcuking cause celeb for the next three years... So... The cost benefit of momentarily fcuking with me, is outweighed by the refucking I'm going to serve you... And, of course, all this forgets the fact that MOST PEOPLE, aren't insane assholes out to fcuk with other people just for shits and giggles... When they call the cops, its because they have a SERIOUS, ARTICULATABLE concern.

And no... You don't "Sort it out at the station" any more than they sort out if you're guilty of murder at the station... First off, they take you to a HOSPITAL to get a FULL PSYCH EVAL. DOCTORS, who would IMMEDIATELY recognized that this guy is: 1. Clinically depressed 2. Antisocial personality disorder with Narcissistic tendencies. 3. Suffering from delusions of persecution 4. Sociopathic 5. Misogynistic and has acted violently in the past. - ALL OF THIS SCREAMS "THIS GUY IS A fcuking SERIAL KILLER!"

You start adding the manifesto, the video, and the stockpiling of weapons, and 72 hours later when they drag him in front of A JUDGE, he puts him as a 5150 and jr. loses the guns, the ammo, and most likely his freedom.

Believe it or not, if you toss most people's homes, you won't find 140 page manifestos about the pleasure they'll get from murdering strangers. In the realm of criminal investigation, thats what we call a SMOKING fcuking GUN... Thats a treasure trove of evidence, and, had the police taken a moment to search a room in the four or five previous incidents where they were directed to contact a future spree killer, they would have found that or something similar.

Ahh, ok. Which brings up my next question. Why the hell do crazy people need to write manifestos? It seems as consistent as the suicide act that follows the spree.

Ahh, ok. Which brings up my next question. Why the hell do crazy people need to write manifestos? It seems as consistent as the suicide act that follows the spree.

It is their attempt to rationalise and validate their thoughts.

There's actually a pretty decent read on that very subject, right here. http://markmanson.net/school-shootings

So... SBSD is now admitting they knew he had posted videos about suicide and murder... But didn't watch the videos and "took his word for it" that he was ok, didn't do a weapons check and didn't ask to come in the room..

If they thought he killed somebody and he told them"I didn't do it." Would they just say, "oh... Ok. Sorry we bothered you... Have a nice day..."

Bang up police work.

So... SBSD is now admitting they knew he had posted videos about suicide and murder... But didn't watch the videos and "took his word for it" that he was ok, didn't do a weapons check and didn't ask to come in the room..

If they thought he killed somebody and he told them"I didn't do it." Would they just say, "oh... Ok. Sorry we bothered you... Have a nice day..."

Bang up police work.

Are they open to civil suit by the families of the victims?

Are they open to civil suit by the families of the victims?

No

The son of my uncle's ex-wife (via a different man, so no blood relation to me) is like this. Totally batshit crazy. Must be some form of schizophrenic or something. He is a welfare recipient as he doesn't work due to mental impairments. He painted his whole apartment blue and wrote in the bathroom "Jeremy is God!" (his name). He also covered the walls in graffiti art (he actually is a pretty good artist). He is regularly in contact with some extraterrestrial intelligence (something he calls TriStar 63 or something) and was telling my uncle that he thinks he is really an alien in disguise sent to spy on him.

I told my uncle that he sounds like the kind of guy who might take a shotgun to you or something. Luckily he went and did something stupid (I forget what specifically), but it got the police involved and he got arrested. He told them he has been trained by Delta Force, Special Forces, Navy SEALs, and the Army Rangers, so they knew he was out there. Now he has been placed into a facility I believe.