Minister Of Defense, Canada - Aliens

Liquid Assets

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... Can see them on my pc....

What do I think?

He's 90 years old and he began losing his mind about 15 years ago?

As I age, I've gained more experience with elderly people... And they all seem to get a bit weird... And the longer they live, the more pronounced the weirdness gets, even among those who otherwise appear to have control over their faculties. I've known and met a few 90 year olds who I still consider to be pretty sharp, but I still wouldn't rely on them for anything of any importance.

Add to it that this guy was a bit counter culture in his thinking when he had all of his marbles (he was Defense Minister 50 fcuking years ago! There have been 27 Ministers of Defense SINCE him and not a one of them has said a fcuking thing about this shit), I'm not shocked.

My guess? He's an old man who used to be important... But hasnt been for a very long time... And this is a way to feel important again and get the attention that passed him by several generations ago... He gets to remind everybody, "He's the only cabinet level G8 member" who thinks reptiles are analy probing rednecks, or whatever the fcuk he said to allow him to mention the first part of the sentence...

OK... Can see them on my pc....

What do I think?

He's 90 years old and he began losing his mind about 15 years ago?

As I age, I've gained more experience with elderly people... And they all seem to get a bit weird... And the longer they live, the more pronounced the weirdness gets, even among those who otherwise appear to have control over their faculties. I've known and met a few 90 year olds who I still consider to be pretty sharp, but I still wouldn't rely on them for anything of any importance.

Add to it that this guy was a bit counter culture in his thinking when he had all of his marbles (he was Defense Minister 50 fcuking years ago! There have been 27 Ministers of Defense SINCE him and not a one of them has said a fcuking thing about this shit), I'm not shocked.

My guess? He's an old man who used to be important... But hasnt been for a very long time... And this is a way to feel important again and get the attention that passed him by several generations ago... He gets to remind everybody, "He's the only cabinet level G8 member" who thinks reptiles are analy probing rednecks, or whatever the fcuk he said to allow him to mention the first part of the sentence...

Hahaha. I am afraid not. See all of his opinion are based on facts that are supported with data and evidence logged by governments and military personnel. I know this because after coming across it, I asked a friend who works close to parliament in Ottawa and Paul supplied undeniable evidence.

What about Robert Dean? Former Commander Sargent Major of Norad. He had cosmic clearance, many steps higher than any president. He first speaks at the 6 minute mark, I read a lot of his interviews.

In this documentary there are so many highly educated people talking about it, it is impossible to play them all off as crazy.

Here are a few sightings with the last clip being from the Art Bell show that was widely talked about.

When you begin to learn about how many planets and solar systems there are, more than the amount of total grains of sand in the world, it is highly and very likely that we are not the only species in the cosmos.

There is far too much information out there given by highly ranked individuals to call them all crazy, as much as I can see why this would be the first thought.

Space is fascinating. Too bad humans are more fascinated by Kim Kardashian than whats above their heads. I don't think the human race will be around in 300 years. It was fun while it lasted.

Space is fascinating. Too bad humans are more fascinated by Kim Kardashian than whats above their heads. I don't think the human race will be around in 300 years. It was fun while it lasted.

Here's the best argument I've seen for why we probably haven't been nor ever will be visited by alien life.

It's a long read but if this subject interest you it's worth it.

Plus along side the new discovery that earth where we sit in our universe we are in basically the most boring back corner part you could possibly pick on a galactic activity scale.

Here it goes:

http://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/comme...q9z68?context=3

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who corrected my abysmally bad volume calculation. Working in ancient history, Navy nuclear power, and corrections has atrophied my mathematics skills :c And thank you so much for the gold! I'm really happy this post started conversations, I love astronomy so much and I like seeing others interested in it too!

EDIT 2: Now with 100% less swearing!

I am not going to address the actual Roswell landing, what I am going to address is any alien life coming to Earth at all. Ever.

I study astronomy as a hobby, I have ever since I was a kid. One of the questions anyone who studies astronomy will inevitably wonder is if alien life exists (it absolutely does/has/will) and if it has ever (or will ever) come to Earth (it has not, and will not). It's sad to be an astronomy lover and a sci-fi fan and know with such certainty that this has never occurred.

So let me explain....

1. THE SIZE OF THE GALAXY

This is not to be taken lightly or overlooked. The galaxy is absolutely enormous. I cannot stress that enough. Our galaxy is a barred-spiral galaxy, and looks something like this. So how big is that? Well...

In terms of distances, the Milky Way is 1,000 light years "thick", and has a diameter of 100,000 - 120,000 light years. (As per NASA) So let's imagine the Milky Way as a massive cylinder in space, what is its volume? Well, volume of a cylinder = radius2 * height * pi. That gives us approximately 10 TRILLION cubic light-years. That's a whole lot of space, and that's not including the massive amounts of dark matter in the Milky Way or the massive Halo of stars that surrounds the Milky Way.

So that is a hell of a lot of light-years, but what, exactly, is a light-year? In case you don't know what a light year is, it is the distance that light travels in 1 full year, which is about 5.8 trillion miles (or, 5,800,000,000,000 miles). The nearest star is 4.3 light years away, meaning it is about (4.3) x (5.8 trillion miles) away. NASA explains it quite well.

So, again, let's go back to our imaginary cylinder that is the Milky Way galaxy. That sucker is 10 trillion cubic light years of volume. And a light year is 5.8 trillion miles. Therefore, every cubic light year is 2.03 x 1038 cubic miles. This means that the volume of the galaxy is 2.03 x 1051 cubic miles, which looks like 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 mi3. That is the volume of the cylinder that is our galaxy. (thanks to /u/jackfg, /u/stjuuv, /u/hazie, /u/Wianie, and everyone else who pointed out my earlier erroneous calculation!)

TRAVEL

Okay, you admit, the Milky Way galaxy is unfathomably huge. And, to top it off, it's only one of hundreds of billions of galaxies. BUT, as you correctly would point out, most of the "volume" we calculated previously is empty space, so you don't really need to search empty space for other lifeforms, you just need to look at stars and planets. Great point, but it gets you nowhere. Why? Well...

Even thought we've cut down our search to just the stars, we still have the astronomical problem of actually getting to them. Traveling from the Earth to the Moon takes about 1.2 seconds for light. You can see it in a neat little .gif right here. So how long did it take our astronauts in a rocket-fueled spaceship? It took the Apollo missions about 3 days and 4 hours to get there. So a trip that takes light about 1.2 seconds would take a rocket-propelled ship about 3.16 days, give or take. It takes light 8 minutes to get to the Sun. It takes light 4.3 years to get to the nearest star. Now just stop and imagine how long that trip to the nearest star would take going at the speed it took us to get to the Moon. A dozen generations of human beings would live and die in that amount of time. The greatest technology we have and all of Earth's resources could not get these hypothetical astronauts even out of our Solar System. (And in doing so, the radiation would fry them like bacon, micro-meteorites would turn them to swiss-cheese, and so on).

So, our hypothetical aliens are not traveling on rockets. They simply can't be. The distances are enormous, the dangers unfathomable, and they don't have infinite time to be getting this mission done. Remember when I said that galaxy is 100,000+ light years across? Imagine traveling that in something that takes generations to go 4.3 light years. There quite literally has not been enough time since the Big Bang for such a flight to be completed. So, clearly, anything making these journeys would need a method of travel that simply doesn't exist. We can posit anything from solar sails that accelerate a craft up to 99% the speed of light, or anything else that allows travelers to accelerate up to relativistic speeds in between star systems. The problem, however, is that acceleration/deceleration (as well as travel between these stars, maneuvering while in flight, and so forth) still takes years and years and years and years. And that's not including actually searching these star systems for any kind of life once you get there. You see, once you decelerate this craft within a star system, you still have to mosey your ass up to every single planet and poke around for life. You might think you could just look at each one, but it's not even possible for a telescope to be built that can see a house on Earth from the Moon, so good luck finding life when you're on the other side of the solar system (and that's if the planet's even in view when your spaceship arrives). And how, exactly, are you going to poke around from planet to planet? What will you do to replenish the ship's resources? You certainly aren't going to be carrying water and food to last until the end of time, and without the infinite energy of the Sun beating over your head, you're going to have a tough time replenishing and storing energy to be doing this mission even after you get as far as Saturn, where the Sun becomes significantly smaller in the "sky". So the logistics of getting from one star to the other are huge, unmanageable, a complete mess for propulsion systems of any kind. Everything Earth has could be pored into the mission and we wouldn't get out of the Oort Cloud. And even if we did, then what? Cross your fingers and hope you can replenish supplies in the nearest star? How are you going to keep going after that? How suicidal is this mission? And that's just to the nearest star. What happens if the ship needs repairs? How many of these missions can you send out? If you only send out one, you're looking at taking eons just to search 1% of our galaxy, but the resources to send out a fleet of these ships doesn't exist. And how will you even know they succeeded? Any communication they send back will take half a decade to get here because those transmissions move at light speed, and that's IF they manage to point their transmitter in the right direction so that we can even hear them. It would take us decades to even realize we'd need to send a second ship if the first one failed.

Now remember how I said that the volume of the Milky Way wasn't relevant since you're just looking for stars and planets, not combing all of empty space? That wasn't 100% accurate, because now you're starting to realize that you actually have to traverse all of that empty space. To get from star to star requires crossing those unparalleled voids. That whatever-the-fcuking-however-huge quadra-trillio-billions of miles is suddenly looking a bit more massive again. And keep in mind, all of these deadly, insurmountable problems I've laid bare are just getting to the nearest star from Earth. And there are a lot of stars in the Milky Way, as we will shortly see.

EDIT TO INCLUDE DEATH: It's also worth noting that when traveling at relativistic speeds you are going to have an awful time maneuvering this ship. So what do you do when a rock the size of a fist is headed right for your vessel? You die, that's what, because you are not getting out of its way. And that's if you see it, but you most likely would never know. Micrometeors and space dust smaller than your pinkie-nail would shred your ship to absolute pieces. Space is not empty, it is full of small little things, and a ship with a propulsion system would slam into all of them on its journey. I cannot find the source, but a paper I read years ago proposed the smallest "shield" needed to safely do this on one trip would be miles thick of metal all around a ship, and that's only if the ship was as big as a house. Insanity. Propulsion systems will not work for this voyage if they're going that fast.

THE POINT BEING: So clearly, at this point, we have to resort to magic. That's right, no-kidding magic. We're talking about Faster-than-Light travel, because anything else is utterly doomed. And honestly, there isn't much to say on FTL travel, because it's pure speculative magic. It's so crazy that in accomplishing it you create time-travel, time paradoxes, and you break all of special relativity into nice tiny chaotic pieces. But, as this is hypothetical, I'm going to grant you faster than light travel. No explanation, we'll just use MAGIC and be done with it, but if you're curious, here's some reading on the matter.

Finally, we are going to keep all of this travel within the Milky Way galaxy. Why? Well, we're staying confined to just the Milky Way because, quite frankly, it's already an absurd scenario without magnifying all the problems by a magnitude of 100+ billion more galaxies. As stated earlier, there are hundreds of billions of galaxies (in fact, when Hubble looked out into a patch of sky smaller than your pinky nail, it saw 10,000 galaxies, but there are untold-numbers of galaxies too far away to see, so that number is the minimum in just that patch of sky. There's a lot of galaxies in the universe).

SO, to recap: our hypothetical aliens are from the Milky Way, they are searching in the Milky Way, and they can travel faster than light. PROBLEM SOLVED, right? Now our aliens will inevitably find Earth and humans, right...? Yeah, about that... (CONTINUED)

permalinksavegive gold

[–]17thknight 1700 points 9 months ago*

STARS AND PLANETS

Okay, so I've granted you not only that we aren't searching all of the massive volume of the Milky Way (just the stars), I'm now granting you faster-than-light travel (with no explanation or justification, but that's how we have to play this game). But I still haven't even brought out the big guns, because the biggest and most important question of all hasn't been addressed: How many stars and planets are the aliens actually looking through, just in the Milky Way galaxy? Well....

There are anywhere from 100 billion - 400 billion stars in just the Milky Way galaxy. Determining this number involves calculations of mass, volume, gravitational attraction, observation, and more. This is why there is such a disparity between the high and low estimates. We'll go with a number of 200 billion stars in the Milky Way for our purposes, simply because it's somewhat in between 100 billion and 400 billion but is still conservative in its estimation. So our hypothetical aliens have to "only" search 200 billion stars for life.

Now we're saying the aliens have faster than light travel. Let's, in fact, say that the amount of time it takes them to travel from one star to the other is a piddly 1 day. So 1 day to travel from 1 star to the next.

Yet, we still haven't addressed an important point: How many planets are they searching through? Well, it is unknown how many planets there are in the galaxy. This Image shows about how far out humans have been able to find planets from Earth. Not very far, to say the least. The primary means of finding planets from Earth is by viewing the motions of a star and how it is perturbed by the gravity of its orbiting planets. We call these planets Exoplanets. Now, what's really fascinating is that scientists have found exoplanets even around stars that should not have them, such as pulsars.

So our aliens have their work cut out for them, because it looks like they more or less have to search every star for planets. And then search every planet for life. So, again HOW MANY PLANETS? Well, we have to be hypothetical, but let's assume an average of 4-5 planets per star. Some stars have none, some have lots, and so on. That is about 800 billion - 1 trillion planets that must be investigated. We gave our aliens 1 day to travel to a star, let's give them 1 day per planet to get to that planet and do a thorough search for life.

Now why can't the aliens just narrow this number down and not look at some planets and some stars? Because they, like us, can't know the nature of all life in the universe. They would have to look everywhere, and they would have to look closely.

Summary: So we've given our aliens just under 1 week per solar system to accurately search for life in it, give or take, and that includes travel time. We've had to do this, remember, by essentially giving them magic powers, but why not, this is hypothetical. This would mean, just to search the Milky Way for life (by searching every star) and just to do it one time, would take them approximately 3 BILLION years, give or take. That is 1/5 the age of the universe. That is almost the age of the planet Earth itself. If the aliens had flown through our solar system before there was life, they wouldn't be back until the Sun had turned into a Red Giant and engulfed our planet in flames. Anything short of millions of space-ships, with magical powers, magically searching planets in a matter of a day for life, would simply be doomed.

Oh, but wait, maybe they can narrow it down by finding us with our "radio transmissions", right? They're watching Hitler on their tvs so they know where to find us! Yeah, well...

ON VIEWING EARTH AND RADIO TRANSMISSIONS

Regardless of whether or not our magical aliens have magical faster-than-light travel, there is one thing that does not travel faster than light, and that thing is.... light. So how far out have the transmissions from Earth managed to get since we started broadcasting? About this far. So good luck, aliens, because you're going to need it. This is, of course, assuming the transmissions even get that far, because recent studies have shown that after a couple tiny light years those transmissions turn into noise and are indistinguishable from the background noise of the universe. In other words, they become a grain of sand on an infinite beach. No alien is going to find our tv/radio transmissions, possibly not even on the nearest star to Earth.

So what if they have super-duper telescopes? Well, the size it would take for a telescope to view the flag on the Moon just from Earth would need to be 650 feet in diameter. And that's if you knew exactly what you were looking for, and where, and were essentially on top of the thing. Seeing details of any planet like Earth from any distance outside the solar system is 100% impossible. Seeing details once inside the solar system would take massive telescopes, and even then you'd need to know where the planets are to look at, you'd need to know what you were looking for, and that's assuming the aliens you're looking for on those planets are just strolling around on the surface. After all, most of Earth is ocean and intelligent life could have easily evolved there and not on land. And what about underground? You need to study these worlds pretty carefully (though, granted, Earth has us just right up on the surface making it easier once you are actually staring right at the planet).

TIME

There is one final nail in this coffin and that is one of time. Human beings have only existed on this planet for the past few tens of thousands of years. We've only had civilization for 10,000 years. In other words, if the entire history of the Earth were represented as a 24 hour clock, humans have existed for a grand total of 1.92 seconds out of that 24 hour clock. The point is that this would mean an alien would not only need to find Earth within the entire unfathomable galaxy, they would need to find it within a specific time-frame. It's not as though we'll be here for billions of years while they search, and if they are even a fraction too early, we won't exist yet.

Think of it this way. If it "only" took the aliens 100 million years to comb the entire galaxy for life on Earth, they would have .0001% of that amount of time as a window in which they could find humans at all. To find human civilization is .00001% of that time. To find us as we are now is an even smaller fraction. In fact, the dinosaurs went extinct 60,000,000 years ago, so even if they make a return trip, and if they were last here when the dinosaurs went extinct, they won't be due back for 40 million+ years. And that's if we give them ultra-super-duper magical powers so they can scan the whole galaxy in "just" 100 million years.

So our aliens are not only finding our invisible planet in a crazy-huge galaxy, they are finding it in a VERY specific and narrow amount of time. Outside of that, they'd be far more likely to find our planet as a frozen wasteland, a molten slag-ball from pole to pole, or just find dinosaurs. Again, IF they found it at all, ever, which doesn't seem terribly likely in the first place.

SUMMARY

So, as discussed:

It is impossible for aliens to directly view Earth, the planet, and certainly not details of it from outside the solar system.

It is impossible for them to pick up transmissions from Earth even at our nearest star.

Therefore they have to actually go solar system to solar system in order to hunt down life, even intelligent life.

The distances they must travel are enormous.

The number of stars they have to search is enormous.

The window they have to find us in is extremely small, so that even if they made a return trip it would be long after we are extinct.

Combining these amounts of time needed, the amount of space to be searched, and the TINY fractional window they have to accomplish this in, we are looking at something that is an impossibility compounded by an impossibility.

And that's not even getting into the fact that we're positing the aliens have existed for this long. How many alien intelligences are there in our galaxy? What if there's only one that ever pops up in any galaxy? What if there have been 1,000 others in the Milky Way but they're already all extinct? What if they don't exist yet? These are utterly unanswerable, which is why I don't go much into what the aliens are or how many there might be, but it does provide further layers upon layers upon layers of problems. The mess that one need sift through to even begin to hope for aliens bumbling into Earth and start probing us is enormous, unfathomable, immeasurable.

So, I hope you can now see why Roswell is pure crap. It's a roundabout way of getting there, but I can say with absolute certainty two things:

Given the massive size of the universe and the time it has existed, it is 100% certain that alien intelligence exists (or has existed) somewhere else in the universe.

It is 100% guaranteed they have never, and will never, find us on this planet.

It is an undeniable fact that the universe is teeming with life. Scientists continue to find organic organisms in the most demanding environments. It is statistically impossible for us to be the only "intelligent" in the greater universe.

IMHO our understanding of our planets history is sorely lacking. The only unknown is when not if we will make contact with other advanced civilizations. I only hope the outcome is more favorable than what usually happens when a more advanced & technologically superior group encounters an "inferior" culture.

It's hard to look up and think there's nothing else going on out there SOMEWHERE. Space runs for infinity. And the only life forms in this whole place are a bunch of low IQ Obama voters? I find that hard to believe. It was not long ago that we though the earth was flat. Our civilization is pretty young and still pretty clueless. I like to think there's more than we can understand going on somewhere else out there. Maybe we are just a tick turd in the grass to other civilizations and they pay no attention to us.

It's hard to look up and think there's nothing else going on out there SOMEWHERE. Space runs for infinity. And the only life forms in this whole place are a bunch of low IQ Obama voters? I find that hard to believe. It was not long ago that we though the earth was flat. Our civilization is pretty young and still pretty clueless. I like to think there's more than we can understand going on somewhere else out there. Maybe we are just a tick turd in the grass to other civilizations and they pay no attention to us.

Not sure how much you read into the topic but if its not a lot, you sure have the right mindset. Iv been reading about human beings, aliens, the universe for the last 12 years.

Look into Einstein, Kaku, Hawkins, DeGrasse Tyson and so on. They will undoubtedly convince you that most people today still have the exact same mindset of the earth being flat as they do about the universe and other intelligent lifeforms.

Michio Kaku on the 3 types of civilization...

We are a random phenomenon just like all the others. It is the most selfish thing to think we are the only intelligent form of life in this entire universe.

Seems like just yesterday we were drilling holes in skulls to eliviate headaches.

There are a lot of theories. Here a video who talks of all the theories together.

It's in english but subtitled in italian.

Hahaha. I am afraid not. See all of his opinion are based on facts that are supported with data and evidence logged by governments and military personnel. I know this because after coming across it, I asked a friend who works close to parliament in Ottawa and Paul supplied undeniable evidence.

What about Robert Dean? Former Commander Sargent Major of Norad. He had cosmic clearance, many steps higher than any president. He first speaks at the 6 minute mark, I read a lot of his interviews.

In this documentary there are so many highly educated people talking about it, it is impossible to play them all off as crazy.

Here are a few sightings with the last clip being from the Art Bell show that was widely talked about.

When you begin to learn about how many planets and solar systems there are, more than the amount of total grains of sand in the world, it is highly and very likely that we are not the only species in the cosmos.

There is far too much information out there given by highly ranked individuals to call them all crazy, as much as I can see why this would be the first thought.

I'm sorry... I'm a skeptic... And it's going to take a lot more than a bunch of opinions, based on suppositions, that begin with a grain of ambiguous data, and extrapolates the rest like a never ending madlib....

I'm very familiar with Kaku, and his civilizations theory... And I find it (and him for that matter) unconvincing.... As I've gotten older I've gotten a lot less impressed with the Kakus and Tyson's and hawkings.... (Especially Hawking). They have been built up as superstars of intellect by the media they have used to become the Justin Biebers of science....

Yep... If you play the odds, the universe must just be teaming with life... But... We can't seem to find any of it.... In fact, the universe itself, is an incredibly hostile place for living creatures. Space is a sterilizer... And traveling through it incredibly difficult...

Are there "u f o" s? Absolutely... Flying object ps we can't identify... But it's a far cry from that to put an alien life form at the helm..

Higher then the President????

Higher then the President????

The President doesn't automatically have clearance to see "everything". He has to demonstrate a "need to know". That's generally determined by whatever department generated the file.

Think about it... We now have a good idea of WHAT the NSA collects... Say the President says "I want to hear every phone call Mitt Romney has made for the last 10 years" or "IRS- turn over Romney's tax files." Presumably the agency informs him, he cant have those files as there is no legal reason for him to have them.

However... In the present example- Cosmic TS, is a NATO designation, and the POTUS would have all access to such data as CINC of a member country. And the CSM would have to demonstrate the same "need to know" the POTUS would... Especially since hes still an NCO. (and another old, pissed-off one, as well).

I would advise anyone interested to look into the PEOPLE, used to support the claim.

Bob Dean. Bob, according to his bio, spent twenty-seven years of active duty in the US Army where he retired as Command Sergeant Major. He also served in Intelligence Field Operations and was stationed at Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE), the military arm of NATO. His Cosmic Top Secret clearance opened the way for his study of UFOs. Bob has been a whistleblower of tremendous courage and is respected by a spectrum of lightworkers.

According to him, in October 2011, he had a near-death experience and, instead of being allowed to depart and go to the astral planes, Bob was taken aboard a mothership and met with the galactics, who showed him what life would be like after the shift that is to happen at the end of this year (or sooner).

batshitcrazy. And just for the record, how did that 2012 thing work out?

I'm sorry... I'm a skeptic... And it's going to take a lot more than a bunch of opinions, based on suppositions, that begin with a grain of ambiguous data, and extrapolates the rest like a never ending madlib....

I'm very familiar with Kaku, and his civilizations theory... And I find it (and him for that matter) unconvincing.... As I've gotten older I've gotten a lot less impressed with the Kakus and Tyson's and hawkings.... (Especially Hawking). They have been built up as superstars of intellect by the media they have used to become the Justin Biebers of science....

Yep... If you play the odds, the universe must just be teaming with life... But... We can't seem to find any of it.... In fact, the universe itself, is an incredibly hostile place for living creatures. Space is a sterilizer... And traveling through it incredibly difficult...

Are there "u f o" s? Absolutely... Flying object ps we can't identify... But it's a far cry from that to put an alien life form at the helm..

Definitely understand why you are skeptical. I was the same way when I learned about Pearl Harbor than the bombs being dropped on Japan. Or 9/11 WTC, than war and massive spending by the guv into weapons and military warfare in search of "weapons of mass destruction"...

You definitely cannot compare politicians and scientists but its very easy to be skeptical of either.

Let alone when you introduce the internet with information that is both true and false about the same subject. It is definitely true that Bob Dean was who he was with the clearance he had. Nobody in that position would be there unless he was qualified. Not sure where the quote came from and I am not saying to believe everything he says or any high order official but I do believe it is incredibly hard to pronounce them all bat shit crazy... As bat shit crazy as their opinions may sound.

A very thought provoking presention: Lloyd Pye's "Everything you know is wrong"

Thanks for the watch! Very smart individual. I have done a lot of reading on the Sumerians and the Anunnaki and Nibiru, very fascinating stuff!

There are a lot of theories. Here a video who talks of all the theories together.

It's in english but subtitled in italian.

Thanks for the video! I will definitely watch it tomorrow night!

Have you seen any of the Zeitgeists?

Number 1 is about Religion, Sept 9/11 and Money/Currency.

I really enjoyed number 3 as it is on human nature and such.

Here is #3. Everyone here should just watch the first few minutes, its really interesting.

Thanks for the watch! Very smart individual. I have done a lot of reading on the Sumerians and the Anunnaki and Nibiru, very fascinating stuff!

my pleasure. It's interesting how his theory brings together different subjects all into one and puts them into a logical chronological sequence. damn.

Not trying to downplay mathematical probability here. I also think that given the amount of stars in the galaxy and planets in the goldilocks zone that it's at some point likely that someone wins the cosmic lottery. HOWEVER... argument from authority is a logical fallacy. Also, laughing at other members for their opinions certainly doesn't make you sound open minded, but rude and disrespectful and unable to converse and attempt to convey your opinion without calling the other guy stupid. Meaning "just because some smart people are convinced about something, doesn't mean xyz is true." It's a fallacious thought process. But we're human, so it's easy for any of us to go for that. But consider why it is:

If 5-12 species of "aliens" existed, visited us and lived among us:

- Why don't we see them?

- Why is it anyone who has seen them never has any actual pictures of them?

- Why haven't they made it obvious to everyone of their presence. I mean come on here... aliens so advanced that they can travel thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions of light years who would have to understand how existence works with one another, mature enough.... supposedly work with the US air force? What? Uhh. That seems off.

- Why is it that these sightings happen all the time on earth, but radio astronomers have never found anything "fishy" when looking through the galaxy.. Doesn't that sound weird to you?

That said... I always like to come back to the drake equation when it comes to the possibility of life. Although I think the probability of other "space faring races" is pretty statistically low if they are out there. Then again, considering we enjoy blowing ourselves up and are far more interested in honey booboo and the kardashians, it may not be likely that we've got the math down.

That said, I'd put myself somewhere between, "Mathematically plausible." and "I'll believe it when I see it."

Also... completely off topic here... the dude proposed that the kevlar vest was tech from aliens. But uh.. it was supposedly invented by an ex marine who was a pizza delivery guy. Apparently got tired of being attacked and made it for self defense. The guy sounds like a total quack. Going off about "how using atomic weapons hurts us, but also hurts others in the galaxy" but I gotta say, "Huh? How does it in any way?" since he never addressed that. It kinda sounds like he pulls a lot of it out of his ass or is regurgitating stuff that he's heard from others.

Anyway... onto the mathematical probability. Keep in mind it's for our galaxy. Then consider the billions of galaxies and of course, it seems far more likely that there's likely many who have won the "cosmic lottery" but since we're limited to traveling at sub light speeds, and considering galaxies are billions of light years away (unless you're andromeda on a collision course) and it seems unlikely that we'd be in reach.

Perhaps it is the catering to the, "I don't want to be the only ones here." or the "I want to believe so badly that i'll listen to anything that caters to my opinion" when it comes to the alien thing, but it's just as likely if they do exist that we'll likely never know about them, that it may not be possible to know, or that we'll snuff ourselves out before that discovery ever happens, or so much time would lapse that the time it would take for such to travel would far surpass the time it would take us (or them) to get there.

But then again, "What if":

- Stuff can travel faster than light

- Stuff can travel the speed of light

- We don't understand physics and that stuff is possible

- Said aliens have "worm holes"

blah blah blah... lots of "what ifs" and not enough "I know" so of course, what if is fun, but I prefer to stick to the side of what ifs as nothing more than a pondering and fun thought. Perhaps it's the skeptic in me, but I try not to allow confirmation bias get to me and unfortunately anecdotal shared experiences (which seem to be all people can offer to this stuff) doesn't really convince me in any way shape or form, no more than anecdotal evidence convinces me of bigfoot, or the lock ness monster. But again, doesn't mean "it isn't out there" or "can't be" but I think we're in that infant stage of, "We want to grow up, we don't want to be alone and coping with that idea is kinda hard. It's mathematically possible so we'll just assert that stuff is aliens."

There's pretty much zero chance of aliens existing on any star system we can see with the naked eye, or with most telescopes. The probability of acids and proteins coagulating into a DNA strand is astronomically small, and it probably took very specific environmental conditions to form the first cellular life.

Even then, it took 3.2 billion years for microbes to evolve into multicellular lifeforms. And there's no preset formula to say it had to take that long: on another planet with the same conditions, it might have taken 2 billion years, or it might have taken 5. It might never have happened, or it might have happened very quickly.

But even if we find a planet with the right basic conditions for complex life, and even if life is fortunate enough to have started there, the chances of it having life of a similar grade to us at a similar time are just unbelievably miniscule. If it had taken 10% longer to develop the life we have on Earth today, there would be no animal life on land at all, and the seas would generally be packed with trilobytes and placoderms. If it had happened 10% quicker, we'd likely have made the planet unlivable hundreds of millions of years ago.

Also, sentient life is not an inevitability. Human evolution relies on an extraordinary string of coincidences, even if you just look at the last five million years; let alone the sixty-odd million years of primate evolution, 200-odd million years of mammalian evolution, etc.

If the ice age hadn't receded the African forests at the same time that a subgroup of apes developed bipedalism, there would be no us.

I'd be shocked if life doesn't exist somewhere outside our solar system, because as others have said, the universe is very big, and has had a lot of time for shit to happen. But the only way of finding it, or it finding us, would be some form of communication which isn't affected (at all) by distance. I don't believe we've ever been visited by ship-building aliens (though there is some credence to the suggestion of microbial life being of extraterrestrial origin), because how could they possibly find us?

Definitely understand why you are skeptical. I was the same way when I learned about Pearl Harbor than the bombs being dropped on Japan. Or 9/11 WTC, than war and massive spending by the guv into weapons and military warfare in search of "weapons of mass destruction"...

You definitely cannot compare politicians and scientists but its very easy to be skeptical of either.

Let alone when you introduce the internet with information that is both true and false about the same subject. It is definitely true that Bob Dean was who he was with the clearance he had. Nobody in that position would be there unless he was qualified. Not sure where the quote came from and I am not saying to believe everything he says or any high order official but I do believe it is incredibly hard to pronounce them all bat shit crazy... As bat shit crazy as their opinions may sound.

I'm not doubting who either of them ONCE were. But they're both well into advanced age, and wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting those security clearances TODAY. Sharp people go nuts too.

My father was a Major in the Air Force. A bomber/navigator on the B52 stratofortress nuclear armed bombers.... He was the guy who would kick off WW3.... Security clearances out his ass... But he's old now (still younger than either of these dudes) and some days doesn't know which end is up... And yeah sometimes he says some crazy weird stuff... Once you've gone through this you learn to sort of recognize it for what it is and ignore it...

If somebody comes to me and says they saw secret documents about aliens, I'll give them my ear... Until they start going on about every other sci fi/art bell show theory and being visited, and talking to the aliens and nabiru and the paladins and 2012, and the end of the world, and so on and so on... One thing is interesting... Layer on the rest and it's batshitcrazy and I ignore you... It's credibility and it doesn't take much to lose it with me...

I love this stuff for what it is... The modern age campfire story... A good entertaining yarn... But when people start becoming obsessed with it and putting way too much stock in the THEORIES of crackpots, then it's no bueno....

I find Bob Lazar pretty interesting.... The fact that he clearly had generic info on 51 before it became common knowledge... And that he tried to stay anonymous... And that he then disappeared for twenty years. And didn't try to turn it into a pension and a book deal... I am bothered by the unverifiable CV. But he's the one that probably causes me the most pause... I lean towards him having seen what he says he saw... I still don't think that means he knows the origins of what he saw, knowing how these things are handled...

Not trying to downplay mathematical probability here. I also think that given the amount of stars in the galaxy and planets in the goldilocks zone that it's at some point likely that someone wins the cosmic lottery. HOWEVER... argument from authority is a logical fallacy. Also, laughing at other members for their opinions certainly doesn't make you sound open minded, but rude and disrespectful and unable to converse and attempt to convey your opinion without calling the other guy stupid. Meaning "just because some smart people are convinced about something, doesn't mean xyz is true." It's a fallacious thought process. But we're human, so it's easy for any of us to go for that. But consider why it is:

If 5-12 species of "aliens" existed, visited us and lived among us:

- Why don't we see them?

- Why is it anyone who has seen them never has any actual pictures of them?

- Why haven't they made it obvious to everyone of their presence. I mean come on here... aliens so advanced that they can travel thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions of light years who would have to understand how existence works with one another, mature enough.... supposedly work with the US air force? What? Uhh. That seems off.

- Why is it that these sightings happen all the time on earth, but radio astronomers have never found anything "fishy" when looking through the galaxy.. Doesn't that sound weird to you?

That said... I always like to come back to the drake equation when it comes to the possibility of life. Although I think the probability of other "space faring races" is pretty statistically low if they are out there. Then again, considering we enjoy blowing ourselves up and are far more interested in honey booboo and the kardashians, it may not be likely that we've got the math down.

That said, I'd put myself somewhere between, "Mathematically plausible." and "I'll believe it when I see it."

Also... completely off topic here... the dude proposed that the kevlar vest was tech from aliens. But uh.. it was supposedly invented by an ex marine who was a pizza delivery guy. Apparently got tired of being attacked and made it for self defense. The guy sounds like a total quack. Going off about "how using atomic weapons hurts us, but also hurts others in the galaxy" but I gotta say, "Huh? How does it in any way?" since he never addressed that. It kinda sounds like he pulls a lot of it out of his ass or is regurgitating stuff that he's heard from others.

Anyway... onto the mathematical probability. Keep in mind it's for our galaxy. Then consider the billions of galaxies and of course, it seems far more likely that there's likely many who have won the "cosmic lottery" but since we're limited to traveling at sub light speeds, and considering galaxies are billions of light years away (unless you're andromeda on a collision course) and it seems unlikely that we'd be in reach.

Perhaps it is the catering to the, "I don't want to be the only ones here." or the "I want to believe so badly that i'll listen to anything that caters to my opinion" when it comes to the alien thing, but it's just as likely if they do exist that we'll likely never know about them, that it may not be possible to know, or that we'll snuff ourselves out before that discovery ever happens, or so much time would lapse that the time it would take for such to travel would far surpass the time it would take us (or them) to get there.

But then again, "What if":

- Stuff can travel faster than light

- Stuff can travel the speed of light

- We don't understand physics and that stuff is possible

- Said aliens have "worm holes"

blah blah blah... lots of "what ifs" and not enough "I know" so of course, what if is fun, but I prefer to stick to the side of what ifs as nothing more than a pondering and fun thought. Perhaps it's the skeptic in me, but I try not to allow confirmation bias get to me and unfortunately anecdotal shared experiences (which seem to be all people can offer to this stuff) doesn't really convince me in any way shape or form, no more than anecdotal evidence convinces me of bigfoot, or the lock ness monster. But again, doesn't mean "it isn't out there" or "can't be" but I think we're in that infant stage of, "We want to grow up, we don't want to be alone and coping with that idea is kinda hard. It's mathematically possible so we'll just assert that stuff is aliens."

Maybe read my post again... When did I call anyone stupid? Thats what I thought... Saying "Haha" does not mean I am laughing at him as I was laughing at the fact how he explained Paul as being old and losing his mind many years ago and how old people with his experience all seem to get weird... I found that funny. Paul did give creditable evidence on all his "opinions".

Disrespectful and unable to converse with Roman makes absolutely no sense as when I replied to both his posts, I clearly stated I can understand his doubt and see why he would think these people have lost their mind, and in my second response to him I said I understand how he can be skeptical as I am with some things as well... This my friend is called "understanding and open minded"

Maybe stop starting shit out of thin air with accusing me of calling people stupid and being narrow minded when this thread has been a good discussion to anyone that has the ability to read my posts and others rather than judge them based on accusations of being rude, disrespectful and my favorite comment of yours... "doesn't make you sound open minded"

Opposite of open minded is narrow minded with the definition of narrow minded meaning to have a narrow outlook... Completely opposite of every post of mine in this thread as I have shown to be completely open minded. It is completely normal to have a discussion even when people have different views or outlooks... These things tend to happen on public forums...

Now narrow minded and not being able to have a discussion is more in your post than any, especially with the fact of all your questions have been answered by Paul in the news interview. They do seem logical to me.

Ever heard of an Einstein-Rosen bridge theory What does that crazy cook know with his 160 IQ and the changes he brought to this world... To you it is much more of a mathematical probability that we are the only living intelligent life form based on your opinion and a few others with the fact that it is such a cold and harsh living environment out in space and we could not possibly be in reach to them and thus your theory of intelligent life being statically low and likely due to the fact that you think that there is no other forms of travel in space.

This to me seems narrow minded my friend. I am not pretending to know everything, far from it. But the evident difference between me and you is that you seem to base your opinion more on "I will believe it when I see it" instead of being open minded with the fact that we know absolutely nothing of what is out there. This is as narrow minded and self centered as your thoughts and opinions can be.

The oldest foundation of narrow minded people, the church, who use to burn people at the stake for thinking differently and apposing the church have now come out with the leader, that would be the pope, announcing that if aliens were to be discovered, that would not discredit the fact that there is a god... Think about how long of a way we have came if this has happened.

Also one final thought with regards to the universe and not being to comprehend its vast size. Think of your dog or cat... To them, the world is your house and maybe a block or two around your neighborhood. How could you possible explain to them the size of the city you live in, or the country, or how big the world is... You cannot as their minds are unable to comprehend it. Maybe we are not too far apart with them and the fact that we cannot comprehend that their could be even more dimensions on our planet, let alone other ways to travel in space and the possibility of a lot of highly ranked individuals stating as fact that aliens have and do visit this planet.

This is why we cannot explain a lot of our history when it comes to the Sumerians and how the Egyptians were able to do what they did along with the Mayans and so on.

People seem much too concerned with taking authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority with many aspects to modern day society. If it aint on the television, it isn't true or possible huh?