Minister Of Defense, Canada - Aliens

Liquid Assets

I heard this story this morning. Now I know what a Raelian is. That must be why the aliens haven't actually come out of the closet. We haven't built them an embassy or appointed them an intergalactic ambassador yet. Makes perfect sense.

I dont think you really know what a Raelian is, because your post didnt include the phrase, "batshitcrazy sci-fi cult." Google "Rael". (The spritual founder of the Raelians)... And go to images... THEN, maybe, you'll start to understand..

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think you really know what a Raelian is, because your post didnt include the phrase, "batshitcrazy sci-fi cult." Google "Rael". (The spritual founder of the Raelians)... And go to images... THEN, maybe, you'll start to understand..

I read the wiki and poked around for awhile before posting. Only took about five minutes to realize they aren't worth the time. I remember reading something about them years ago. l got a few laughs from the tax exempt requests and the thought of a group trying to establish an embassy in Israel with a swastika on their intergalactic flag. Scientology level nonsense without the celebrity backing.

Just my 2c...

People seem to grasp easily just how large the universe is. It's really really really massive. However, what people seem to not grasp so easily is just how ridiculously special and unique life is. Let alone advanced, sentient, intellectual life. That life on Earth happens so abundantly and repeatably is just an astronomical achievement. Suppose DNA randomly forms in some mixture of heavy elements. Then what? DNA on its own is pretty useless. You need other complex molecules to form around the DNA, to use it, to produce other complex molecules. And this must be done repeatably, for a long LONG time. It is so much more likely for a bunch of DNA and proteins to destroy itself than to become even just a prokaryote, yet bacteria flourish. Then you have multicelled organisms that repeat this process thousands to millions of times daily?

It's estimated that the universe contains 70 sextillion stars. 70 sextillion = 70 x 10^21 = 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0

00,000. It is safe to assume that there are fewer habitable planets than that, but lets say that there is one habitable planet per star. Then we have one single animal cell which contains about 10^15 atoms, and not just any atoms, but things like carbon and nitrogen and oxygen and sulfur. These "heavy" atoms alone are exceedingly rare in the universe. If you assume random permutations (which is not a very good assumption, since things like electronegativities and such influence how atoms bind), the odds of 10^15 atoms organizing themselves in any single specific way is for all intents and purposes zero. 0. Nada. As in, you'd probably need billions of universes for it to ever happen even once. But like I said, that's not a good estimation. However, we can say it is reasonable that the odds of 10^15 "heavy" atoms organizing themselves in the exact manner as they are for an animal cell is far greater than the 10^6 orders of magnitude difference between that and the number of potentially habitable planets. Add in further details like the fact that DNA and proteins require rather specific conditions to work properly (ionic concentrations, pH, temperature), and the need to repeat this with minimal errors, and you see it becomes absolutely mind-boggling that life exists as we know it. To me, the existence of life as we know it is MORE insane that the vastness of the universe. Granted, this is not a very thorough or detailed analysis, just something I'm putting up off the top of my head, but the intent is to illustrate just how insanely rare it is for life to exist as we know it. Personally, I won't rule out other life in the universe, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is none either.

It would completely blow a hole through their belief system.

I don't know about that, but I can see a lot of cousin eddie types coming unglued. :rant: :icon_butt:

My bad, I connected the video with the NTTR. That was incorrect on my part. But, my point is the video is still taking place in a military controlled airspace (aka: the airspace over Israel). And I think it is very short sighted to assume Israel is leaps and bounds behind the US in military technology. Do they have the money the US throws around? No. But are they very very smart and clever? Yes. The US even co-developed Iron Dome with them for a reason and we treat them as a peer during all military exercises, which does not hold true to many other militaries we work with.

I definitely did watch the same video (more than once) and I went on to say what I wrote wasn't a very good explanation (it being a military rocket, etc) but saying the object in that video was a space alien is also a very poor explanation.

The fact of the matter is neither of us can explain it. I default to a military explanation probably because I am a military aviator and I look at the location of the video and it also screams military to me. You look at the video and see space aliens because...well that's what you want to see. I am sure a geologist could explain it with swamp gasses and a meteorologist could claim it was moon light bouncing off a weather balloon or whatever, I don't know.

The fact is we can not explain it. So at the end of the day we will part ways with you still concluding it's an Alien and me concluding that I have no idea what it is but I'd guess military (and that what ever it is...I want to fly it).

I completely understand your point of view. I just wanted to point out the video I posted was far from a desert, private test and training range. Which would make the sighting a lot more significant.

I also completely agree with you that based on who you ask, the person in question would have a different opinion and outlook on what they are looking at. I did call it an unidentified flying object as thats what it truly is with the main focus being on the way it hovered so still and smooth than took off in a vertical manner faster than any of us can quantify, especially from a still position.

Would love to hear from someone that is more informed with military aircrafts but I would figure that it is incredibly difficult, even in this day and age to build something that has the ability to maneuver and go from a hovering and stationary position and than take off in a complete vertical direction with such rapid speed from a still position. A helicopter or rocket is not even close to whatever this thing was, in my opinion.

Would love to hear from someone that is more informed with military aircrafts but I would figure that it is incredibly difficult, even in this day and age to build something that has the ability to maneuver and go from a hovering and stationary position and than take off in a complete vertical direction with such rapid speed from a still position. A helicopter or rocket is not even close to whatever this thing was, in my opinion.

If it's a real physical object, sure, I'd agree that it doesn't look like a rocket or a helicopter. Maybe the aliens dropped a holographic projection over the dome and they want us to chase it like a cat chases a laser pointer.

ranting insult here

The clock is ticking...

And time is up... Tried to resolve the issue in PM. He's still interested in arguing about videos and the mental capacity of former Canadian municipal workers.... And evidently those who don't agree with him are deserving of his contempt...

He won't be back for thirty days....

What-if-aliens.png

:lol2: ok that made my day.

I completely understand your point of view. I just wanted to point out the video I posted was far from a desert, private test and training range. Which would make the sighting a lot more significant.

I also completely agree with you that based on who you ask, the person in question would have a different opinion and outlook on what they are looking at. I did call it an unidentified flying object as thats what it truly is with the main focus being on the way it hovered so still and smooth than took off in a vertical manner faster than any of us can quantify, especially from a still position.

Read up on ion pulse engines. I can only imagine that the technology out there is far more advanced than what has been revealed.

Wheels, one of the other theories I have heard is that the "aliens" are actually angels. That may explain the Jerusalem video...

I read or heard somewhere that life forming on a planet is akin to a tornado going through a junkyard and somehow assembling a fully functional , working 747 jet out of all the stuff in the junkyard.

I read or heard somewhere that life forming on a planet is akin to a tornado going through a junkyard and somehow assembling a fully functional , working 747 jet out of all the stuff in the junkyard.

Sure, if you're expecting a 747, that does sound pretty nuts. But RNA and DNA? Molecules replicating, single celled life one just one of those planets? Take billions upon billions of planets in our galaxy and imagine how many are likely in the goldilocks zone. A certain percentage are, and we've found such planets using the Kepler probe. Recently discovered in our corner of the galaxy is what we think is a "super earth"; much larger than ours, thought impossible to exist due to size, but thus far kepler has some interesting discoveries. Even Kepler 22b is not far away (in the grand scheme of travel anyway), roughly 600 light years. Also in the goldilocks zone, and the closest thing we've found to earth.

Now.. Imagine how many of them may contain water and organic materials potentially, or rather, the materials needed for organic life (that we know of). Take that percentage and multiply that times hundreds of billions (the amount of potential other galaxies in the universe), then imagine billions of years of time for each planet depending on how long a planet has been around. Then imagine the potential for self replicating molecules to develop in such environments. Wouldn't have to be complex life, even something like bacteria or single celled life to develop.

You're talking billions x hundreds of billions x billions. It's like having dice to roll with faces and faces of possibilities, but having the mathematical equivalent of the number I just gave you and then imagining that sooner or later one of those planets rolls the die and wins the lottery. That's the power of probability, correct conditions, big time and big numbers.

Also consider panspermia. If life develops on a planet, is hit by a meteor, asteroid, etc and has enough force, nearby life could get jettisoned into space. We've seen meteors hit our planet from other local planets (mars being one of them) which is where the idea even came to fruition. We've also tested to see how long organic life in simple form can exist in space on such meteors and the time is pretty intense. So imagine simple life developing somewhere and the potential for something as simple as asteroids to jettison remnants elsewhere. It will be interesting to see if NASA is able to find other life in our solar system, and they suspect that potentially it could even be from our own planet.

Just as well, we have tardigrades which are incredible little creatures capable of withstanding the vacuum of space and nearly every environment the earth can throw at them. Absolutely no explanation of why they can do that, why they developed that way or how it is that they have all the traits they do. However, one idea is panspermia. Can't be proven, since obviously we have nothing to compare them to elsewhere, but it's a fascinating thought. Perhaps in time we'll figure out where the damn buggers came from, but they sure are insane little critters.

There are a lot of theories about UFO's.

Around page 3 i read about UFO and the idea of not diffuse the existing of life because of the religions.

1. On October 30th 1938, in NY, a radio read the story "the war of the Words" and even if before the transmission, the radio warned that it was not true, people were scared and that was just NY. Think about it in the whole word.

• There is a theory about UFO that connect UFO and religion. In particular, there are some people who think they talked with pleaiadians. The boss of these pleadians is ASHTAR, an extraterrestrial who claims to be the archangel Gabriel. The theory says that Gesus was an alien. Of course a lot of people believe that the idea of an extraterrestrial coming on earth is easier to understand than the normal story about Gesus.

Around page 3 i read about UFO and the idea of not diffuse the existing of life because of the religions.

1. On October 30th 1938, in NY, a radio read the story "the war of the Words" and even if before the transmission, the radio warned that it was not true, people were scared and that was just NY. Think about it in the whole word.

• There is a theory about UFO that connect UFO and religion. In particular, there are some people who think they talked with pleaiadians. The boss of these pleadians is ASHTAR, an extraterrestrial who claims to be the archangel Gabriel. The theory says that Gesus was an alien. Of course a lot of people believe that the idea of an extraterrestrial coming on earth is easier to understand than the normal story about Gesus.

War of the Worlds was a huge mistake that nearly cost Orson Wells his career... And seriously changed the rules of broadcasting.... Yes.. He broadcast a disclaimer... At the beginning of the show... and not broadcast again.... Most of the people who heard the show tuned in after the disclaimer... And as people tuned in, they called their friends who also didn't hear the disclaimer...

And the panic wasn't "there are aliens, my religious beliefs are destroyed".

It was "there are aliens and they are killing people in New Jersey... And our military is no match for them...." Replace 'aliens' with "the Japanese" (this was pre ww2) or "the Germans" or anybody else... It didn't matter who they were.... It was a news report and "they" were kicking our asses and killing Americans by the thousands... And you were next!!!. Yeah... I'd shit myself... That doesn't have to do anything with religion....

BTW: If you've never heard it, here it is... Still pretty incredible all these years.

That is oftentimes an argument given by critics of evolution and the idea that life started up without any divine influence (I.e. God). Usually this is due to the misconception that science claims life began with a cell. That one day a fully functioning cell just popped into existence. But that is not what science claims. A single cell is still monumentally complex in terms of the number of molecules it consists of. It started off much more simply, with self-replicating molecules forming initially, and then building from there, over billions of years. What many critics also forget is that life is not something static. It is grounded in chemistry. Constant chemical reactions. So it could start very simple and over time build up. Parts in a junkyard are by contrast essentially static. They aren't interacting with one another where if you have a big junk yard, go a few billion years into the future, and find your junk yard has produced a jumbo jet.

War of the Words? Describes this thread perfectly!

Who was Gesus? :P

War of the Words? Describes this thread perfectly!

Who was Gesus? :P

See... Thats the kinda shit Im talking about... :eusa_wall:

Whilst we have people's attention... I have a topic I wish to discuss that requires people to have an open mind.

Ladies, gentlemen, I want to talk about milk.

Whilst we have people's attention... I have a topic I wish to discuss that requires people to have an open mind.

Ladies, gentlemen, I want to talk about milf.

Wait what?

Yup, wholesome milf.

Which kind do you prefer?

Semi skimmed.

You're a sick, sick man.

Not sure what you mean?

You know goddamned good and well he s not a native English speaker. Why go there on the spelling etc?