I WON'T DO BUSINESS WITH BRAIN (or Brian) AT EXOTIC CAR SEARCH

whiteout

Whiteout Response:

I sent you an agreement last week with a 5k deposit to secure the vehicle subject to inspection. You never sent back agreement nor a deposit.

I didn't market the car or offer it to anyone else during that time, since I was trying to get additional information for you. I tried without success for additional photos and tire dates.

When I was unable to gather the information you requested, I advised investing in an inspection service for a couple hundred dollars to come inspect and take the photos you wanted. You declined insisting the owner needed to take his own time to get photos if he wanted to sell a car to you.

In regards to payment: You were never told you needed to pay for the car upfront. The procedure which was advised was for you to inspect the car in the morning and then take a lunch break while you initiated the wire already in place for the remaining balance. So this way you only had a "refundable" $5k deposit out of pocket, and no other monies were given until the inspection was complete. Wire hits...away you go with title in hand. I have done this procedure many times.

Basically you wanted to control the whole transaction and do it all on your terms. The seller reserves the right to sell as he or she wishes, and if those terms are not agreeable...both parties move on. You only agreed to terms once you were told the owner had chosen NOT to sell the vehicle to you.

There was never a time constraint on this sale from the owner or I...... I actually encouraged you to perhaps move the date back a week, so you might have more time in your schedule to do the transaction.

By the way...what is wrong with Alabama? You meet some of the nicest folks from Alabama...like the owner of the LP640.

Brian@ECS

BTW- A cashiers check is NOT CASH Nick. Doesn't matter if you are a lawyer or not...still not cash.

Anybody looking for a nice 6 speed manual LP640? A little story behind it (Unbeknownst to the owner...no accident), but price reflects it.

post-1253-1402604995_thumb.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone is getting the "soup nazi" treatment here! :icon_mrgreen:

You guys seem angry with each other over miscommunications, why wouldn't you sort it out?

Brian you still have the car for sale, you are offering it here, I am sure he still wants it, why not put your differences aside and turn this into a happy ending ?

Come on guys, work the deal out, that LP is hot and needs to be in this family!

I sent you an agreement last week with a 5k deposit to secure the vehicle subject to inspection. You never sent back agreement nor a deposit.

I didn't market the car or offer it to anyone else during that time, since I was trying to get additional information for you. I tried without success for additional photos and tire dates.

When I was unable to gather the information you requested, I advised investing in an inspection service for a couple hundred dollars to come inspect and take the photos you wanted. You declined insisting the owner needed to take his own time to get photos if he wanted to sell a car to you.

In regards to payment: You were never told you needed to pay for the car upfront. The procedure which was advised was for you to inspect the car in the morning and then take a lunch break while you initiated the wire already in place for the remaining balance. So this way you only had a "refundable" $5k deposit out of pocket, and no other monies were given until the inspection was complete. Wire hits...away you go with title in hand. I have done this procedure many times.

Basically you wanted to control the whole transaction and do it all on your terms. The seller reserves the right to sell as he or she wishes, and if those terms are not agreeable...both parties move on. You only agreed to terms once you were told the owner had chosen NOT to sell the vehicle to you.

There was never a time constraint on this sale from the owner or I...... I actually encouraged you to perhaps move the date back a week, so you might have more time in your schedule to do the transaction.

By the way...what is wrong with Alabama? You meet some of the nicest folks from Alabama...like the owner of the LP640.

Brian@ECS

BTW- A cashiers check is NOT CASH Nick. Doesn't matter if you are a lawyer or not...still not cash.

Anybody looking for a nice 6 speed manual LP640? A little story behind it (Unbeknownst to the owner...no accident), but price reflects it.

You say there was not time constraints...

C291BF5F-7E3F-4517-8FC8-4F429DD129F5_zps

86BCBF64-E29C-4A57-B9F0-F161E2BB084C_zps

B5D74DBE-3DAC-4A70-AD71-CF6043F0D4F2_zps

7A4F28F4-F9E3-4AA0-82A4-040F8B74D2BF_zps

0A3C54B8-9BF3-4ECB-B0D9-7F52E9E5393D_zps

11585F41-4350-481B-B268-CFD24CC72972_zps

CA54F34D-DEB1-4610-8489-428DB1459C95_zps

Obviously I had no problem sending the $40k cashiers check in advance because I told you that multiple times. I was waiting for confirmation of a pickup time and place before sending some random person $40,000. You never supplied that information.

This is the problem with the modern world - the tone of emails and texts are too easily misconstrued and before you know it: someone takes umbrage.

I bet if you'd done it the old fashioned way talking on the phone you wouldn't have had these problems.

This is the problem with the modern world - the tone of emails and texts are too easily misconstrued and before you know it: someone takes umbrage.

I bet if you'd done it the old fashioned way talking on the phone you wouldn't have had these problems.

That would have required Brian to pick up the phone. I made several calls which he wouldn't answer, but he would immediately text . . .

Brian@ECS

I have a friend that would love to purchase that car.. Do I need to have him send money without knowing a couple small details as well? I am serious.. done deal at $165000.. but you are going to have to get me a couple small details as well?

I don't think wanting some photos to see a car that's for sale is being unreasonable.

But if the seller doesn't want to give you them, that's his choice... I wouldn't walk away because of it... I'd run as far away as fast as I could...

Sounds to me like Brian was stuck in the middle....

nothing personal to Whiteout, as i enjoyed your posts on that awesome 911 chevy carrera and you driving your murci from MI to NYC.. seem like a cool dude..

anywho, i would have done the exact same thing as Brian. Whiteout, u were being a bit on the annoying side with asking questions about tire dates, requesting to be picked up from the airport, with the car , bla bla bla.

I use to sell exotic cars, and have dealt with clients like the guy with the 640. These people use a broker for a reason. they have no time to mess around with buyers like you (no offense, thats just how it is.). i completely see where youre coming from as far as wanting a bunch of detailed pics, information on tires etc etc. but to some people, (like Brian, and probably the owner of the 640), its just not worth it. your better off finding a car for sale by owner, or find one at a dealer.

The car was probably priced low for a quick, hassle free sale.

Goodluck i hope u find a 640.

That would have required Brian to pick up the phone. I made several calls which he wouldn't answer, but he would immediately text . . .

Eh, fcuk it man, it isn't worth it. I've been in situations like this, pushed through them, and in the end wish I had just walked away. Plus dealing with something in a way you're uncomfortable with tickles your spidey sense for a reason.

I have a friend that would love to purchase that car.. Do I need to have him send money without knowing a couple small details as well? I am serious.. done deal at $165000.. but you are going to have to get me a couple small details as well?

The normal procedure would be to agree on price subject to inspection and sign mutual agreement. Send small deposi(which is listed on agreement) to secure vehicle while arranging inspection. After inspection is completed and satisfactory...pay for vehicle and full and arrange transport.

Go to link to see photos and information posted and then have your friend contact me via email or phone for additional info:

http://exoticcarsearch.com/?p=3485

I do have the autocheck and warranty and campaign report from Lamborghini. You can call Nick for the carfax.

post-1253-1402608906_thumb.jpg

nothing personal to Whiteout, as i enjoyed your posts on that awesome 911 chevy carrera and you driving your murci from MI to NYC.. seem like a cool dude..

anywho, i would have done the exact same thing as Brian. Whiteout, u were being a bit on the annoying side with asking questions about tire dates, requesting to be picked up from the airport, with the car , bla bla bla.

I use to sell exotic cars, and have dealt with clients like the guy with the 640. These people use a broker for a reason. they have no time to mess around with buyers like you (no offense, thats just how it is.). i completely see where youre coming from as far as wanting a bunch of detailed pics, information on tires etc etc. but to some people, (like Brian, and probably the owner of the 640), its just not worth it. your better off finding a car for sale by owner, or find one at a dealer.

I respectfully disagree, Whiteout didn't come off sounded annoying at all, if anything Brian seemed to be short fused for someone that is dealing in this for $$. I would , like others spending $150k + like to know what they are getting for their hard earned $$, and not expected to be snapped at for inquiring and just trying to put the logistics together. BTW the car looks great, love the carbon add on.

The normal procedure would be to agree on price subject to inspection and sign mutual agreement. Send small deposi(which is listed on agreement) to secure vehicle while arranging inspection. After inspection is completed and satisfactory...pay for vehicle and full and arrange transport.

Did you think that easily visible items like tire dates would be handy to know before entering an agreement? Ultimately old tires are a couple grand and *I* would want to know up front.

Everyone is busy, but shit, it takes 30 seconds to walk to the garage and snap a cell phone picture and text it over. He could have his wife, nanny, kids, or the damn neighbor walk over and do it without too much trouble.

I could see if he was asking for a full compression/leakdown check, but really, he wasn't asking for much.

Go to link to see photos and information posted and then have your friend contact me via email or phone for additional info:

http://exoticcarsearch.com/?p=3485

I do have the autocheck and warranty and campaign report from Lamborghini. You can call Nick for the carfax.

Are you serious?

Did you think that easily visible items like tire dates would be handy to know before entering an agreement? Ultimately old tires are a couple grand and *I* would want to know up front.

Everyone is busy, but shit, it takes 30 seconds to walk to the garage and snap a cell phone picture and text it over. He could have his wife, nanny, kids, or the damn neighbor walk over and do it without too much trouble.

I could see if he was asking for a full compression/leakdown check, but really, he wasn't asking for much.

I would agree in that I usually have much more information when selling a vehicle on a seller's behalf. Many of you I have assisted with purchases and sales. I have provided complete service history, orginal MSRP's, many photos upfront with the additional photos upon request. I can only provide what I am given. I don't expect commitments without this information, but once I achieved all I can achieve a decision has to be made whether it is worth to move toward the next step with an inspection, or to just move on. I always try, but the decision is not mine in the end. If the information in the end is NOT enough to make a commitment, I understand.

I think the impression that is given, is that I immediately ask for a commitment and signed agreement which is far from the truth. Once a person is comfortable with the terms, and they want to be in a position to secure the car subject to inspection, than an agreement is sent. It is very mutual at that point. Now, once that happens, many times new questions do arise and more information is requested by the buyer which I do my best to provide. Ultimately the inspection will be the judge, and at that time it becomes an actual cost to the buyer, so I understand wanting enough information so that moving to that step is not a waste of ones time and money.

It's not me, but if it were, I would have somone go put their hands on it. What is the "minor issue"? Pay one of the guys from LoA to go put their hands on it. For 160k, I am having someone take a peek, even if it is a brief one. Have someone start it, drive down the street, run the A/C, cycle the shocks several times, check for leaks underneath, see all the books and keys and tire inflator and tool kit. Check the tires. I am sure you could throw someone 500-1k to go and run their hands over it, could be well worth the money. Very cool car, Brian has always struck me as an honest and fair guy, but with that said you have a healthy dose of caveat emptor on a far away purchase.

I always get leery when one of my guys wont produce information. You can only control your client so much, and I am sure that Brian has tried to make it all happen. I also don't believe that anything Whiteout asked for was out of the norm, a picture of the seats and a DOT date code isn't busting anyone's balls. But as I said, in Brian's defense, garbage in garbage out. He can only regurgitate what the seller gives him.

Whiteout, it is a big purchase, throw someone a few bones and have them go finger bang the car for a little bit. I bet if you called up LoA they could have one of their techs grab the LDAS and go over and check for over revs, get under the car with a mirror and a flashlight, do a shakedown ride in the car and check for any hidden drama. Car might be clean as a whistle, but you won't know until you know.

Car looks great...sorry to hear about the trouble on both sides of the transaction

Six speed lp640 black/black for $165?? Whats the catch?

You know... Its the "minor issue."

(there is an underage hooker dead in the trunk? )

Nothing good coming from Here, $165k is bloody cheap for a 6 speed LP640, thats way below most Diablo 6.0s now & most Diablos for that matter, never realized LP640s were trading at this level.

So asking the condition of the tires and to see a picture of the interior is "detailed" ? This is why I try to avoid salesman's like you (no offense)

Whiteout Response:

Brian@ECS

Brian, the situation you advised would never happen. Further, ANY argument you have regarding payment is moot since I offered to make full payment before even seeing the car. You never gave me information where to send the $40k. Honestly, the entire point of our conversation has been to give me a date, location then

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

In regards to the other things you said: The car has been listed on your site the entire time that we have been in contact. You told me that eBay pulled the ad. Inspection was never an issue. I asked for a few cell phone pictures. You demanded a reply same day with one of three options, that's a time constraint. I have nothing wrong with Alabama. Maybe one of the nice folks there could get me some pictures or sell me an LP640. Seriously.

Annoying by asking some simple questions? Whenever I’ve purchased a car out of state I’ve been picked up at the airport. I assumed an assistant would do pick up.

He was willing to spend the time to get the car a PPI, but not take a few cell phone pics. That doesn’t make sense.

This has by far been the most difficult attempt at a car purchase that I've ever had.

Thanks!

You can call Nick for the carfax.

Please don't associate me with your company.

It's not me, but if it were, I would have somone go put their hands on it. What is the "minor issue"? Pay one of the guys from LoA to go put their hands on it. For 160k, I am having someone take a peek, even if it is a brief one. Have someone start it, drive down the street, run the A/C, cycle the shocks several times, check for leaks underneath, see all the books and keys and tire inflator and tool kit. Check the tires. I am sure you could throw someone 500-1k to go and run their hands over it, could be well worth the money. Very cool car, Brian has always struck me as an honest and fair guy, but with that said you have a healthy dose of caveat emptor on a far away purchase.

I always get leery when one of my guys wont produce information. You can only control your client so much, and I am sure that Brian has tried to make it all happen. I also don't believe that anything Whiteout asked for was out of the norm, a picture of the seats and a DOT date code isn't busting anyone's balls. But as I said, in Brian's defense, garbage in garbage out. He can only regurgitate what the seller gives him.

Whiteout, it is a big purchase, throw someone a few bones and have them go finger bang the car for a little bit. I bet if you called up LoA they could have one of their techs grab the LDAS and go over and check for over revs, get under the car with a mirror and a flashlight, do a shakedown ride in the car and check for any hidden drama. Car might be clean as a whistle, but you won't know until you know.

PPI was never an issue. I’m well versed in these cars to get a non-engine internal PPI done fairly quickly. I was just waiting on a date & place to meet.

You know... Its the "minor issue."

(there is an underage hooker dead in the trunk? )

:lol2:

Six speed lp640 black/black for $165?? Whats the catch?

Nothing good coming from Here, $165k is bloody cheap for a 6 speed LP640, thats way below most Diablo 6.0s now & most Diablos for that matter, never realized LP640s were trading at this level.

post-60315-1402628589.jpg