Aventador LP 800-4 SuperVeloce

Assman

"Sources from Lamborghini’s factory suggest that the carbon fiber molds used to construct the Aventador’s monocoque can be used as many as 500 times before they have to be replaced. With the Aventador budgeted to for eight sets of monocoque molds, Lamborghini is expecting to build a maximum of 4,000 units."

What source is this from? This seems seems more like conjecture than fact :eusa_think:

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put this to rest once and for all. I was at the Aventador unveiling in NYC in December 2010/January 2011. Winkleman himself stood infront of the car with a PowerPoint presentation in the background and said that the carbon fiber tub was made in a mold. They ordered 8 molds and each mold was good for approximately 500 uses. He said the Aventador would be capped at 4000 units.

This is fact.

Now if 4 years later they change their mind, order more molds or whatever nobody knows. But at the unveiling it was 4k total.

Let me put this to rest once and for all. I was at the Aventador unveiling in NYC in December 2010/January 2011. Winkleman himself stood infront of the car with a PowerPoint presentation in the background and said that the carbon fiber tub was made in a mold. They ordered 8 molds and each mold was good for approximately 500 uses. He said the Aventador would be capped at 4000 units.

This is fact.

Now if 4 years later they change their mind, order more molds or whatever nobody knows. But at the unveiling it was 4k total.

Exactly this was stated back in 2011 shortly before the unveil in Geneva, they had 8 molds on hand which would result in 4,000 cars ... but nothing will stop them from ordering more molds, and with the success of the Aventador they will have to build more ... probably a restyle is in the pipeline very soon (the initial design is now 4 years old) but a complete replacement would still be some years into the future if you ask me, I think between 6 to 8 years of production, so that would mean 2018 or 2019 for a V12 successor.

Aventador production numbers (from the Audi Financial reports)

2010 : 22

2011 : 447

2012 : 976

2013 : 1113

2014 : 1110

which adds up to a total of 3668 Aventador built by the end of 2014 ... we are four months into 2015 by now, on average they are building about 1100 units a year lately, so that would convert into a production of something like 350 units up to today ... that totals up to just over 4,000 Aventador already!

So I'm sure they already have additional molds on hand today, with 600 Aventador Superveloce planned I guess they would need at least two additional molds and likely four more to continue building the Aventador for at least two more years.

Exactly this was stated back in 2011 shortly before the unveil in Geneva, they had 8 molds on hand which would result in 4,000 cars ... but nothing will stop them from ordering more molds, and with the success of the Aventador they will have to build more ... probably a restyle is in the pipeline very soon (the initial design is now 4 years old) but a complete replacement would still be some years into the future if you ask me, I think between 6 to 8 years of production, so that would mean 2018 or 2019 for a V12 successor.

It only makes sense. The aventador is a runaway success and they've only made 4 versions (coupe, roadster, 50th c&r, SV)

There still is the SV roadster and facelift and other special editions they can get out of it. If I was Lambo I'd milk that cash cow too.

It only makes sense. The aventador is a runaway success and they've only made 4 versions (coupe, roadster, 50th c&r, SV)

There still is the SV roadster and facelift and other special editions they can get out of it. If I was Lambo I'd milk that cash cow too.

It's already happening ... Pirelli Edition

The man himself said the Aventador still has a long way to go, and that this last "SV" badge will brake the tradition of being the last production version of a car. For me this means they're definitely making more than 4000 since with SV they'll reach that number soon. With the huge success, imo they'll make at least 5000, with a possibility of around 6000 total

If you take a look at the last four years of Aventador production we already have some special editions:

Aventador J ... a one off, but based on the Aventador so in fact the very first special edition

Veneno and Veneno Roadster ... both using the Aventador 'tub', so also considered a special edition I think, a very special one, but still ...

Aventador Nazionale Ad Personsm special edition, avaialble in white and blue

Aventador LP720-4 and LP720-4 Roadster ... strictly speaking also a special edition of the original LP700-4

Aventador Pirelli Edition

Will we be seeing a long list of special, limited editions like on the Gallardo ... I for one hope not, but I do agree they will be keeping the Aventador in production for at least four more years, probably six ... which could reach a production number between 8,000 and 10,000 units.

Feel free to take a look at an article I put together on this : Will the Superveloce be the last of the Aventador breed

Typical Lamborghini flagship life cycles are 10 years, so the Aventador has about 6 theoretical years left. It'll be fun to see what else is in store.

• 2 weeks later...

The SV is not necessarily the last model in its range. Take a look at the Diablo, the last in its range was the VT6.0 which came out after the Diablo SV.

^True. Taking into consideration the lifespan of a flagship Lambo and given what Winkelmann had already said, I would venture to say this SV is definitely not the last model in the range. The last in the Diablo range was the VT6.0SE.

Anyone know when the first car will be available in U.S.A ?

Last time I heard first customer cars would be delivered in September ... don't know if this is still true ... anyone know about earlier deliveries?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm kingjr and this is my first post. I can't believe no one has posted this yet, but the aventador sv did a time of the N-Ring under 7:00 minutes with p zero corsa's.

Hi, I'm kingjr and this is my first post. I can't believe no one has posted this yet, but the aventador sv did a time of the N-Ring under 7:00 minutes with p zero corsa's.

Good lap time!

But it has good semi-slicks tho.

Faster than P1? :nhl_fight: (P1 did it in "under 7min")

Good lap time!

But it has good semi-slicks tho.

Faster than P1? :nhl_fight: (P1 did it in "under 7min")

They claim they did, but some members on fchat (some p1 owners, some non-owners but with good sources) claim they achieved a 7:04, but did under seven minutes on simulation or best sectors. :nhl_fight:

Funny thing though: even fastest lap times took a pot-shot at them.

"It looks like we have a new hero at Nurburgring Nordschleife - Lamborghini Aventador Super Veloce has joined the exclusive "Sub 7 Minute Supercar Club".

Let me correct myself. There is no "Sub 7 Minute Supercar Club". According to Fastestlaps Nurburgring leaderboard, as of today, there are only 2 distinct vehicles that have gone quicker than 7 minutes, and one of them - the Radical SR8 (and SR8 LM) is not even a proper car.

There was only one car with a roof, doors and a windscreen, that had cracked the 7 minute benchmark before, and that was the Porsche 918 - a member of the new hypercar breed, league above Aventador, Ferrari F12 or any other "ordinary supercar".

This achievement by Lamborghini is a surprise, and not a surprise at the same time. With correct setup and sticky tyres, Aventador SV looks, on paper, like something that could be knocking on the door of sub 7 minute greatness. It has the power and it has the means of putting it to work through the 4 wheels.

The latter can't be said about certain hypercar by McLaren, which failed to post a sub 7 minute time or any time at all. Of course, it gets even worse if we mention the red car from Marinello. But let's not mention it, because this time is's all about yellow, orange and the "Raging Bull" from Bologna."

They claim they did, but some members on fchat (some p1 owners, some non-owners but with good sources) claim they achieved a 7:04, but did under seven minutes on simulation or best sectors. :nhl_fight:

Funny thing though: even fastest lap times took a pot-shot at them.

"It looks like we have a new hero at Nurburgring Nordschleife - Lamborghini Aventador Super Veloce has joined the exclusive "Sub 7 Minute Supercar Club".

Let me correct myself. There is no "Sub 7 Minute Supercar Club". According to Fastestlaps Nurburgring leaderboard, as of today, there are only 2 distinct vehicles that have gone quicker than 7 minutes, and one of them - the Radical SR8 (and SR8 LM) is not even a proper car.

There was only one car with a roof, doors and a windscreen, that had cracked the 7 minute benchmark before, and that was the Porsche 918 - a member of the new hypercar breed, league above Aventador, Ferrari F12 or any other "ordinary supercar".

This achievement by Lamborghini is a surprise, and not a surprise at the same time. With correct setup and sticky tyres, Aventador SV looks, on paper, like something that could be knocking on the door of sub 7 minute greatness. It has the power and it has the means of putting it to work through the 4 wheels.

The latter can't be said about certain hypercar by McLaren, which failed to post a sub 7 minute time or any time at all. Of course, it gets even worse if we mention the red car from Marinello. But let's not mention it, because this time is's all about yellow, orange and the "Raging Bull" from Bologna."

Even Gtspirit is doing it: The Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV is one of just three road legal cars to dip below the 7 minute mark. The Radical SR8 LM currently holds the track record, closely following by the Porsche. McLaren have publicly stated that the McLaren P1 managed a sub-7 minute lap but haven’t publicly confirmed details or released a video - See more at: http://m.gtspirit.com/2015/05/16/lam....y3OuMzPt.dpuf