918's Acceleration Chart

rj1031

2015-porsche-918-top-inline5-photo-61834

It would be cool to see Gallardo TT 2R's acceleration graph in comparison the cars in the chart! Can someone do your magic and include the graph in the chart? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just saying that the 918 is the all around best car in this segment. Total package with the support network of Porsche, who is second to none.

Just saying that the 918 is the all around best car in this segment. Total package with the support network of Porsche, who is second to none.

If you love it so much you should just go buy one then! :turboalex:

If you love it so much you should just go buy one then! :turboalex:

Well if I did love it so much I would! And probably toss you the keys to convince you as well :icon_pidu:

Well if I did love it so much I would! And probably toss you the keys to convince you as well :icon_pidu:

and i would happily accept said challenge

the 12c held its own for costing a 1/4 of the price!

would be cool to see the p1 and Laf.....

The M4 by the same token therefore...

• 3 weeks later...

+1

Recently the opportunity presented to spend a couple of hours with David Donohue and the 918. The car is scary quick and immediately responsive probably because of the almost instantaneous torque of the electric motors. Steering feel, in my opinion, is excellent and preferred over the Aventador. Ride seemed much firmer than my A. PDK was flawless; braking was excellent as would be expected but the regenerative sounds are initially disconcerting. Handling was superb. In my view the car is a remarkable if not a landmark milestone for Porsche. In full electric mode the car is eerily silent.

In terms of design and styling the Aventador wins for me. For some reason entry and exit from the 918 seemed difficult requiring one to be something of a contortionist. Of average size (6 feet and 145 lbs.) and reasonably good condition (jogging 25 miles weekly with a Rott) ingress and egress were a struggle. The Aventador presents no difficulty whatsoever probably because of the scissor door configuration.

Reservations center on complexity, battery replacement and how the rapidity of technological advances will impact future values. For me, the experience with the car reaffirmed just how good the Aventador is.

+1

Recently the opportunity presented to spend a couple of hours with David Donohue and the 918. The car is scary quick and immediately responsive probably because of the almost instantaneous torque of the electric motors. Steering feel, in my opinion, is excellent and preferred over the Aventador. Ride seemed much firmer than my A. PDK was flawless; braking was excellent as would be expected but the regenerative sounds are initially disconcerting. Handling was superb. In my view the car is a remarkable if not a landmark milestone for Porsche. In full electric mode the car is eerily silent.

In terms of design and styling the Aventador wins for me. For some reason entry and exit from the 918 seemed difficult requiring one to be something of a contortionist. Of average size (6 feet and 145 lbs.) and reasonably good condition (jogging 25 miles weekly with a Rott) ingress and egress were a struggle. The Aventador presents no difficulty whatsoever probably because of the scissor door configuration.

Reservations center on complexity, battery replacement and how the rapidity of technological advances will impact future values. For me, the experience with the car reaffirmed just how good the Aventador is.

Nice writeup, thanks for sharing. I have heavily considered a 918 for quite sometime, and always wondered how it compares to the Aventador. I hope to have the chance to experience it someday, but it would be tough for me to replace my 50th aventador roadster with it. Lambo just hit it out of the park with the Aventador and 50th versions.

• 2 months later...

It's super fast on sane speeds but I don't get why and how doing regen braking was such a big obstacle for Porsche, straining engine for that is really really primitive.