So... Ebola...

Roman

Put me in fcuking prison... Im not going.

Like I said... Its the plot from aliens... Send the marines to fight a life form they arent equipped to fight, with the end result of a few of them coming home with the fucker inside them...

Nuke the entire site from orbit....

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget there are still people there who probably still don't trust the government and are not getting care. In August there were patients forcibly taken from Ebola centers by those types of people. Maybe they won't trust US troops too?

Ill bet a hundred dollars that the people who "liberated" those patients (and their feces and blood soaked mattresses as well) were not motivated by primitive superstitions and anti goverment paranoia.

Men+Guns+doing crazy shit in Africa= Al Qaeda.

That's actually how many vaccines or serums work but on more sophisticated level so they dont use whole blood but only small fractions which has antibodies on it..

Of course transmitting other human blood to your self is really stupid thing to do always, but these people are on verge of destruction and hopeless.

Article

WHO warned that the window to contain the deadly virus was closing and infections could start doubling every three weeks

I believe Romandad stated this the other day...

Sep 13

5072 Cases... 2459 deaths.

226 new cases... 84 more deaths... 3 days.

Sep 14

5335 cases... 2622 Dead

263 new cases... 163 More dead. 1 day

I hope this entire stupid continent wipes itself out. I can't believe this.

Im afraid you're going to get your wish. The only question now is, how much of the rest of the world do they take with them.

Im afraid you're going to get your wish. The only question now is, how much of the rest of the world do they take with them.

Seriously… What the hell is wrong there? 8 Ebola Educators Found Dead in Guinea

They are killing the Ebola education teams now? Slashed the throats of some.

(I'm sending from my phone so sorry if the link doesn't work, it was found on Reuters website.)

Just a little something to consider...

In 1918-1920 when the "Spanish Flu" pandemic (It was actually not "Spanish" at all... It was H1N1.) did its thing, we didn't have airplanes... Or automobiles really. Intercontinental travel was still done via ship. Cross country travel was almost exclusively by rail. The average human would do neither... But, there was a World War getting done with so lots of young men were travelling back from Europe.... But our speed and accessibility of global travel is incomparable to theirs.

It took it two years, yet it managed to reach every corner of the globe... It had a similar infection rate to the current strain of Ebola (1.5-2 for Ebola 2014- 2-3 for H1N1). But the fatality rate was much lower... 10-20%... (as predicted, Ebola Liberia is becoming more fatal as the cases go up, and healthcare becomes less available.)

It killed 100 million people worldwide.

Seriously… What the hell is wrong there? 8 Ebola Educators Found Dead in Guinea

They are killing the Ebola education teams now? Slashed the throats of some.

(I'm sending from my phone so sorry if the link doesn't work, it was found on Reuters website.)

The eight bodies were found in the village latrine

I knew it was a shithole, but....

romandad

all jokes aside and really at what point do they start to fire bomb areas from keeping it from leaving africa in high numbers

Its too late for that...

Just a little something to consider...

In 1918-1920 when the "Spanish Flu" pandemic (It was actually not "Spanish" at all... It was H1N1.) did its thing, we didn't have airplanes... Or automobiles really. Intercontinental travel was still done via ship. Cross country travel was almost exclusively by rail. The average human would do neither... But, there was a World War getting done with so lots of young men were travelling back from Europe.... But our speed and accessibility of global travel is incomparable to theirs.

It took it two years, yet it managed to reach every corner of the globe... It had a similar infection rate to the current strain of Ebola (1.5-2 for Ebola 2014- 2-3 for H1N1). But the fatality rate was much lower... 10-20%... (as predicted, Ebola Liberia is becoming more fatal as the cases go up, and healthcare becomes less available.)

It killed 100 million people worldwide.

We also have incomprehensibly better health care now. That being said Africa is fucked. This isn't a battle we can win and it is time to pull out and let it run it's course. Brutal I know but this isn't laying down our lives so the world can be better.

We also have incomprehensibly better health care now. That being said Africa is fucked. This isn't a battle we can win and it is time to pull out and let it run it's course. Brutal I know but this isn't laying down our lives so the world can be better.

Sadly, I'm with you on quarantining the whole place. But Africa ia huge, and those Isis fucks see this as a dead American lottery ticket.

How fucked is this... Inside of a year a few people on this board could be dead from this Shit.

Sep 14

5335 cases... 2622 Dead

263 new cases... 163 More dead. 1 day

Sep 20

5927 Cases... 2767 Dead

592 new cases. 145 More deaths... 6 days...

The good news. It looks like its controlled in both Senegal and Nigeria...

The bad news- still doubling every 3-4 weeks. Which means 13,xxx+ cases by Halloween. 26,xxx+ by thanksgiving.

The bad news- still doubling every 3-4 weeks. Which means 13,xxx+ cases by Halloween. 26,xxx+ by thanksgiving.

The ironic thing is everyone that was telling me I was a crazy conspiracy theorist when this all started are now saying "you might be right" and are now concerned slightly.

The ironic thing is everyone that was telling me I was a crazy conspiracy theorist when this all started are now saying "you might be right" and are now concerned slightly.

Thats because they don't understand that back in July, when we were talking about 1000 cases, Which doesnt sound like much in a world of 7 billion people, we were already at the 10th+ generation of the outbreak.

It starts with 1. That becomes 2. That becomes 4, then 8, then 16, then 32... AND THAT TAKES MONTHS.... So it doesnt sound alarming...

But if you understand that the world has never seen an Ebola Zaire outbreak of more than four hundred people, and that in all of those, they were ALWAYS isolated to remote villages (which were basically wiped out) rather than cities, and that once you hit a thousand cases, that number starts to get really big, really fast, you can imagine ahead a few months ahead and get very worried.

Everybody predicting what the virus does next, is GUESSING. Because we don't know. We are in completely uncharted territory. What will it do if hits Europe? Or America? We don't know how this thing acts when it really gets out... There is a false sense of security that we have, "Oh, that can't happen here, we have first world medicine and hospitals (which happen to be the best places in the world to catch MRSA- which also spreads through direct contact). Of course it kills those third world africans..."

The problem is, a real pandemic like this has the capability of becoming, has the effect of turning EVERYBODY's health care into a third world system. It brings it to its knees. If there are 50,000 cases of Ebola in Los Angeles, you aren't going to be in an isolation room at Cedars Sinai, with IVs in every arm and a team of doctors wearing space suits fighting to keep you alive. You're going to be at Staples Center, on a cot, with 1,000 other "patients" and a few brave health care providers seeking to keep you comfortable.