So... Ebola...

Roman

The book he was talking about is Executive Orders by Tom Clancy.

Yes, I saw your post, however I was adding some additional fiction books about things like this.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Releasing him, in my opinion, is one of the most cavalier and irresponsible actions we could take with someone who has been diagnosed and was dying of one of the most deadly contagions in the world. We don't even know what we don't fcuking know, and this guy is going to roam the streets??? The egos of some of these people is just dumbfounding to me.

I agree, however I assume it must be safe because I do not think this doctor himself would allow himself to be put out into the general public if he thought there was any chance of infecting people. This is a man of great character and knowledge of the disease it seems, not Joe Blow who caught the disease and just wants to be released and doesn't know anything.

You of all people must be aware of what a hot carl is. . . :eusa_think:

What do you mean by that? I Googled it, and it says it is the act of defecating in one's face, but I don't get what Roman's reference to it is.

What do you mean by that? I Googled it, and it says it is the act of defecating in one's face, but I don't get what Roman's reference to it is.

Ebola infected jiz > poo on the face.

It takes the angry dragon to a whole new level!

Wheels, you are the best!

I absolutely love how you googled 'Hot Carl' and then sat there trying to find out what Roman meant by it, how it fit into the context of what this thread was about, tried to analyze it and find meaning in it.

Wheels, you are the best!

I absolutely love how you googled 'Hot Carl' and then sat there trying to find out what Roman meant by it, how it fit into the context of what this thread was about, tried to analyze it and find meaning in it.

:iamwithstupid:

Wheels, I throw out one liners that I hope two or three people get... If you dont get them within a few moments, you arent one of them.. Its fine... If you have to use the google, the joke isnt funny any more (if it ever was).

It takes the angry dragon to a whole new level!

What does this 'Angry Dragon' mean? I've been sitting here trying to rack my brain to know what you mean, and why you posted that. I am totally consumed with finding out what an angry dragon is and if it's something I need to come to terms with. Is it a reference to me? Am I angry?

What about the Dragon thing? I don't breathe fire. Or is it a metaphor?

This is killing me. I've texted my daughter asking her if she knows what it is and left a message on my mom's answering machine. Going to call my pastor next. One of them must be able to tell me what it means and how it pertains to me.

What does this 'Angry Dragon' mean? I've been sitting here trying to rack my brain to know what you mean, and why you posted that. I am totally consumed with finding out what an angry dragon is and if it's something I need to come to terms with. Is it a reference to me? Am I angry?

This is killing me. I've texted my daughter asking her if she knows what it is and left a message on my mom's answering machine. Going to call my pastor next. One of them must be able to tell me what it means and how it pertains to me.

:lol2:

In for Chimay's daughters response.

:lol2:

My daughter just texted me a frowny and pukey smiley but my mom called me back and said I was a few Angry Dragons away from having any siblings.

Not sure what she means but I am guessing my dad was some sort of medieval warrior and only had time for brave battles.

:lol2: :lol2:

Not sure what she means but I am guessing my dad was some sort of medieval warrior

Now that's not a very nice thing to say about your mother. :eusa_naughty:

It has just been on the news here. The British authorities are deliberately importing ebola to the UK

It questions why they previously put so much effort in to border controls

August 18

2473 infected

1350 dead

233 new cases, 121 more deaths. 2 days.

August 20

2615 Infected

1427 dead.

142 new cases. 77 more deaths. 2 days. Trending down maybe?

August 20

2615 Infected

1427 dead.

142 new cases. 77 more deaths. 2 days. Trending down maybe?

Too early to tell imo.

Ebola in the Congo

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/24/...N0GO0R520140824

From the reddit thread "

It's important to know that these infections are of different strain than in West Africa.

The different strain means that this is a separate spillover and unrelated to the West African outbreak.

The DRC has more experience in dealing with Ebola outbreaks and a better health infrastructure, so this outbreak should not spread out of the rural villages.

The fact that these two outbreaks (West Africa and now DRC) occurred within such a short timespan tells me that something is happening with the underlying ecology of the reservoir species that increases the likelihood of it coming into contact with humans."

Ebola in the Congo

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/24/...N0GO0R520140824

From the reddit thread "

It's important to know that these infections are of different strain than in West Africa.

The different strain means that this is a separate spillover and unrelated to the West African outbreak.

The DRC has more experience in dealing with Ebola outbreaks and a better health infrastructure, so this outbreak should not spread out of the rural villages.

The fact that these two outbreaks (West Africa and now DRC) occurred within such a short timespan tells me that something is happening with the underlying ecology of the reservoir species that increases the likelihood of it coming into contact with humans."

Ok... So there's the first really scary news.... A bunch of people infected with Ebola Sudan (typically has a 50% kill rate! compared to Zaire's 90% rate... But the current Zaire strain is looking more like the Sudan kill rate....).... And then somebody infected with both strains... Somewhere in the world, the wrong African met up with another wrong African...

That's how these viruses mutate. They run into a host who is already sick with something else... And they say "hi... You're an interesting virus... I think I'll take a strand of your protein chain..." What you end up with is a new virus.... With different traits... If one of those traits is high contagion rate, then you get that nightmare scenario...

So... The scary scenario? There is a strain called Ebola Reston... It's almost identical to Zaire in its microscopic properties. It's named after Reston Virginia, where imported animals (particularly lab monkeys) are quarantined when they come through US customs... Long story short, in 1990 a sick monkey came in... And it quickly caused monkeys in other rooms of the facility to get sick and die... It's 100% airbourne... The good news, apparently it doesn't cause severe symptoms in humans. Pig farmers have been found to carry it... They get it from working with pigs that are infected with it...

So... What happens when Zaire meets up with it's fraternal twin Reston? (Which will almost certainly happen given a large enough outbreak) And what does the offspring do?

Ok... So there's the first really scary news.... A bunch of people infected with Ebola Sudan (typically has a 50% kill rate! compared to Zaire's 90% rate... But the current Zaire strain is looking more like the Sudan kill rate....).... And then somebody infected with both strains... Somewhere in the world, the wrong African met up with another wrong African...

That's how these viruses mutate. They run into a host who is already sick with something else... And they say "hi... You're an interesting virus... I think I'll take a strand of your protein chain..." What you end up with is a new virus.... With different traits... If one of those traits is high contagion rate, then you get that nightmare scenario...

So... The scary scenario? There is a strain called Ebola Reston... It's almost identical to Zaire in its microscopic properties. It's named after Reston Virginia, where imported animals (particularly lab monkeys) are quarantined when they come through US customs... Long story short, in 1990 a sick monkey came in... And it quickly caused monkeys in other rooms of the facility to get sick and die... It's 100% airbourne... The good news, apparently it doesn't cause severe symptoms in humans. Pig farmers have been found to carry it... They get it from working with pigs that are infected with it...

So... What happens when Zaire meets up with it's fraternal twin Reston? (Which will almost certainly happen given a large enough outbreak) And what does the offspring do?

We have a 'slate wiper' as Jeremy Clarkson (I know, I know, that well known biologist) has been quoted as saying...

What cheeses me is that these "heros" go to help in the fight against Ebola when there are millions of poor and sick ppl in North America who could use help....but I guess it's not as glamorous as telling everyone I went to Africa to help with Ebola....then they get sick and beg to come home and get treated..... This British nurse begged to go to Africa.....maybe he should stay there and deal with it just like the Africans he begged to help...I guess when your white you want the special treatment when you get sick.... and these "heros" if they really were would never want to risk infecting millions in thier home land by risking the virus escaping into the public..... its all show, arrogance and stupidity.