So... Ebola...

Roman

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine how bad of a day that lady is having? Say she had food poisoning from lunch, feels terrible, and just wants to go home. Walking to her car she vomits, probably tries to hide it since she is embarrassed, somebody sees her and freaks out. Now everybody thinks she has Ebola. I have no idea what happened but that is just the scenario that played in my head.

Edit: should've read the article, only read the headline.

Its good that main adviser to the president on Ebola is going to be a lawyer.

You elect a lawyer to be president, you get lawyers appointed to do things they have no clue how to.

You elect a lawyer to be president, you get lawyers appointed to do things they have no clue how to.

Our resident expert is a lawyer...just sayin... :icon_mrgreen:

And I'm first to admit im unqualified to be the Ebola Czar.

But I'm a shit load more qualified than this joke I f a pick....

Listen, I just know what I know because I got interested in the threat of Ebola, namely as a potential terrorism weapon, when I was about 16 or 17... And, the slightly obsessive that I am sought out all the information I could on it... It's continued to interest me all these (fcuk) decades later.... And, being an attorney in the entertainment industry (which has also had a long fascination with he topic) has allowed me to foster relationships by which I can continue to get first hand information from sources who know a lot more about the subject than I.... believe it or not, MOST in the industry actually do their homework before they write or produce something. And we do that homework by taking with people who deal with the subject matter daily... That realism translates to good storytelling....

Nurse Nina Pham has been downgraded from Good to Fair. Their reason? Can't say... Privacy laws. Great to see that the political playbook is still calling the shots.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-ebola-nurse-nina-...-155851746.html

I figured they would play the HIPAA Card sooner or later. I guess we will hear when she dies. I am very sorry to hear about her condition and it deteriorating. My focus now is on the next person who tests positive and where they are and have been once that happens. I am truly hoping this ends very very soon. I don't think it will though.

This "Ebola czar" is clearly just a political appointment.

And I'm first to admit im unqualified to be the Ebola Czar.

But I'm a shit load more qualified than this joke I f a pick....

Listen, I just know what I know because I got interested in the threat of Ebola, namely as a potential terrorism weapon, when I was about 16 or 17... And, the slightly obsessive that I am sought out all the information I could on it... It's continued to interest me all these (fcuk) decades later.... And, being an attorney in the entertainment industry (which has also had a long fascination with he topic) has allowed me to foster relationships by which I can continue to get first hand information from sources who know a lot more about the subject than I.... believe it or not, MOST in the industry actually do their homework before they write or produce something. And we do that homework by taking with people who deal with the subject matter daily... That realism translates to good storytelling....

How come the entertainment industry throws reality out the window with regards to so many of their movies and television shows?

How come the entertainment industry throws reality out the window with regards to so many of their movies and television shows?

He's an attorney, not a programming exec.

He's an attorney, not a programming exec.

But he probably knows programming execs and thus how some of that works :P It seems to me more that it is the scriptwriters and directors who throw out reality however.

But he probably knows programming execs and thus how some of that works :P It seems to me more that it is the scriptwriters and directors who throw out reality however.

reality sucks, no one wants more.

We're not documentarians... Ultimatly, the goal is to entertain.... To put asses in seats... So yeah, you may have a director tweek a script during production to make for a better story, more drama, etc... Real life is often boring... Or at the very least, anti climatic... But you can't get to that point without knowing what you're talking about in the first place...

A great example was Argo.... Yeah... The whole last twenty minutes didn't happen... They got on the plane, with no problem and no drama, took off and landed and that was that.... That doesn't give the audience the payoff they want after two hours of tension.... So you write an ending with edge of your seat drama (which Im sure they were experiencing without all the added complications but that doesn't come across to the audience without some external action). but.... You couldn't make that film without first knowing all the facts... All the characters... All the details....

Well you could say the similar things about some sports fans, doesn't mean they're qualified to be a team doctor.

Its not even just the lawyer part, its his overall experience. His experience is being a chief of staff for 2 figure head VPs..

Well you could say the similar things about some sports fans, doesn't mean they're qualified to be a team doctor.

Its not even just the lawyer part, its his overall experience. His experience is being a chief of staff for 2 figure head VPs..

Bottom line is, he's just another blatant example that the executive office is not taking this seriously.... And they will not be "forced" by the opposition party, the media, or even the American people into taking it seriously.... And what strikes me is, whenever they get called on how they're handling an issue, they make a move that basically screams "fcuk you."

We're not documentarians... Ultimatly, the goal is to entertain.... To put asses in seats... So yeah, you may have a director tweek a script during production to make for a better story, more drama, etc... Real life is often boring... Or at the very least, anti climatic... But you can't get to that point without knowing what you're talking about in the first place...

A great example was Argo.... Yeah... The whole last twenty minutes didn't happen... They got on the plane, with no problem and no drama, took off and landed and that was that.... That doesn't give the audience the payoff they want after two hours of tension.... So you write an ending with edge of your seat drama (which Im sure they were experiencing without all the added complications but that doesn't come across to the audience without some external action). but.... You couldn't make that film without first knowing all the facts... All the characters... All the details....

I understand that, what gets me is when Hollywood seems to basically toss reality and accuracy out the window for no reason whatsoever in some films. For example, in the film Gladiator, it was the most realistically-done portrayal of ancient Rome thus far. But yet the film had some major inaccuracies that seemed unnecessary. For example, how the Roman soldiers were dressed was inaccurate. I don't know why they couldn't have had them dressed in the realistic garb that Roman soldiers of that time period wore.

Some areas of the film where they purposely put reality to the side that are more understandable were in making the Colisseum appear larger than it really is, and also before gladiatorial matches, gladiators would oftentimes endorse products for the public. But since the modern general public considers that solely something only modern athletes do, it would have been so odd-seeming to have any gladiators do that in the film that they did not show something like that.

Or in Batman Begins, the weapon that uses microwaves to vaporize the water supply in the city. How did it do that while not at the same time causing the water in the individual people in the city to also boil, thus cooking them? I mean if it vaporizes water in pipes, I'd think it would do it in people (that's how a microwave oven cooks). And ironically one of the things that made that series so popular was its gritty realism.

Titanic made some stupid mistakes too. King Kong (2005) was another that IMO went way overboard with tossing reality out the window. There are other films I could mention, but IMO, people do like realism when done sensibly in movies and television (hence the popularity of shows like Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, etc...and realistic movies.

Wheels, what the fcuk does any of that have to do with Ebola?

Jesus, I swear you could go off on a tangent about gardening in the middle of a blowjob.

I understand that, what gets me is when Hollywood seems to basically toss reality and accuracy out the window for no reason whatsoever in some films. For example, in the film Gladiator, it was the most realistically-done portrayal of ancient Rome thus far. But yet the film had some major inaccuracies that seemed unnecessary. For example, how the Roman soldiers were dressed was inaccurate. I don't know why they couldn't have had them dressed in the realistic garb that Roman soldiers of that time period wore.

Some areas of the film where they purposely put reality to the side that are more understandable were in making the Colisseum appear larger than it really is, and also before gladiatorial matches, gladiators would oftentimes endorse products for the public. But since the modern general public considers that solely something only modern athletes do, it would have been so odd-seeming to have any gladiators do that in the film that they did not show something like that.

Or in Batman Begins, the weapon that uses microwaves to vaporize the water supply in the city. How did it do that while not at the same time causing the water in the individual people in the city to also boil, thus cooking them? I mean if it vaporizes water in pipes, I'd think it would do it in people (that's how a microwave oven cooks). And ironically one of the things that made that series so popular was its gritty realism.

Titanic made some stupid mistakes too. King Kong (2005) was another that IMO went way overboard with tossing reality out the window. There are other films I could mention, but IMO, people do like realism when done sensibly in movies and television (hence the popularity of shows like Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, etc...and realistic movies.

Just a quick side note about Batman Begins since I love that movie, they mixed some sort of chemical into the water so that it would vaprorize anything that chemical was in. I may be slightly wrong, but they definitely put something into the water supply that would go throughout the water lines. A bottle of water would not have gotten that chemical, thus not allowing it to boil! /batman nerd

Just a quick side note about Batman Begins since I love that movie, they mixed some sort of chemical into the water so that it would vaprorize anything that chemical was in. I may be slightly wrong, but they definitely put something into the water supply that would go throughout the water lines. A bottle of water would not have gotten that chemical, thus not allowing it to boil! /batman nerd

The chemical wasn't so the water would vaporize, it was to cause the hallucinations among the population when the water was vaporized.

Wheels, what the fcuk does any of that have to do with Ebola?

Jesus, I swear you could go off on a tangent about gardening in the middle of a blowjob.

Just wanted Romandad to understand my point-of-view.

The chemical wasn't so the water would vaporize, it was to cause the hallucinations among the population when the water was vaporized.

Ah yes, but wasn't that only release by evaporation? So it must have done functioned as the both the hallucinant and water vaporizing agent. Regardless, this has zero to do with ebola lol.