458 speciale gets beat up by 650s!

SV-N-IT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great performance, was the 458 two up?

not sure, but the 650 is obviously a drop top and those two guys don't look like light weights :eusa_think:

If I was a drag racer and that's all I did every single day, I would go for the Mcclaren. But which car made all the sound and noise? Which car did you hear going through all those gears? That's the Ferrari.

You can't always drive these cars hard and fast, you need that little bit of sensation which makes it worthwhile. I rather drive the Ferrari because of its looks and sound than drive the McClaren, which is fast but barely hearable.

If I was a drag racer and that's all I did every single day, I would go for the Mcclaren. But which car made all the sound and noise? Which car did you hear going through all those gears? That's the Ferrari.

You can't always drive these cars hard and fast, you need that little bit of sensation which makes it worthwhile. I rather drive the Ferrari because of its looks and sound than drive the McClaren, which is fast but barely hearable.

Which car was going in reverse against a Spider with the A/C on and the top down?

I agree, the Ferrari scud, 458,etc with that NA 8cyl sounds insane!

but if you heard a McLaren with exhaust I think you would change your mind. the sound of the turbos spooling is awesome!

when Ferrari adds turbos to the 458 they will have the same issue BTW

Which car was going in reverse against a Spider with the A/C on and the top down?

Seriously, who cares? It's a drag race. This race will never happen on the open roads so it's a non-issue. There is probably a Corvett3 out there that crushes the Mcclaren. Should we all choose the Corvett3 then?

The Ferrari is still faster, better sounding and looking than 99% of the cars on the roads. If you want a really fast and sterile car go for the Mcclaren. To each his own.

:lol2:

Maybe it's special in the short bus kind of way.

yeah and it sounds good lmfao (so does a gsxr 600 with a pipe) lololol

the reality is that Ferrari 458 are underpowered compared to the macs... Essentially Ferrari got blindsided by Mac on performance and have been scrambling and thus a move to tt v-8. This happened when Acura changed how an exotic could be, a reliable yet well performing car like the NSX and Ferrari responded with implementing the F355... now Mac did the same by advancing platform chassis tech over Ferrari. Technically the mac is just superior to the 458. I have no doubt though that Ferrari is playing catch up...

Of course, while people may say that 458 has exotic sound and all that, if I really wanted true exotic sound, Id go for a v-12 from an aventador or even murci, or a v-10 cgt. I wouldnt even consider the mac or even the 458 as a true exotic. They are more like super sports cars imho... And to me the mac does that very well in being able to offer quiet, medium, or loud sounds along with diverse comfort settings that wont tire you out. The Ferrari in comparison is loud hey look at me and stiff ride that may be interesting for short runs. But I think those tire you out rather quickly and actually over time diminish the desire to drive the car... Which may be partly why there are many low mileage 458 out there apart from the flippers...

I guess the bottom line though is that its a great time to be in the market and there are cars to fit introvert or extrovert personalities. Different strokes for different folks...

I guess the bottom line though is that its a great time to be in the market and there are cars to fit introvert or extrovert personalities. Different strokes for different folks...

:iamwithstupid:

There are some excellent choices out there and the level of performance out of the box is mind boggling, good time to be in the market for whatever your choice is.