Time for a V12 Bull?

737Drvr

I have a dilemma everyone. I currently have '13 Lp560-2 manual. I love the car but must admit the Murci has grown on me. Was at Lambo NB Saturday and saw a gorgeous '09 LP640 in the showroom. Got me thinking that maybe its time to experience the V12. Don't get me wrong, the Gallardo is a great car but I'm on my third one and there's something about those doors going up and the rawness of the Murci. As a background, I don't tend to track my cars and mostly drive them for fun on the weekends (car runs, etc.)

So, I'm looking for input from those that have owned both or the Murci and their experience with the car. I know these questions have been asked before but I'm on the fence and would appreciate your 2 cents.

Was it worth the move?

Are they as reliable as a Gallardo?

How does the E-Gear compare to an LP Gallardo?

How's the Gas Mileage? (just messin' with you)

Other observations???

This is a hard choice as the car I have now is a stick, which is just a rarity on an exotic these days. I will most likely be back in an E-Gear car given the inventory out there and the colors I want. I'm not sure I should let the LP560 go as these manual cars may become more desriable in the future. But I definitely have the itch for a V12--specifically in orange, verde ithica, or monterrey blue.

To be or not to be???

The murcie is a PITA compared to the Gallardo. That's why I'm on my second one. Just do it.

Assman just picked up a 6 Speed. It's fcuking stunning. They are out there.

Assman just picked up a 6 Speed. It's fcuking stunning. They are out there.

Thanks P! I went for a long drive today along PCH across to Lambo BH. Then back 405/101.

Love the orchestra of the v12 behind me and the click click of the gated shifter.

My first murcie was egear and I swore I'd not buy another egear car.

There is no dilemma, just go for it. LP640s are gorgeous. Lambo NB recently had a celeste phoebe, but it was an egear. Would have definitely considered it had it been gated. Be patient and find a nice 6spd. Good luck.

Agree with Assman. Have had two Murcielagos and two Gallardos, currently LP570. G wins in every category except looks. Much bigger sense of event with the Murcie. And no they are not as reliable as G in my experience.

If you're impatient, just buy an e-gear and convert it. 2-3 days and done.

Murci all day every day over the G.

majority of the roads i drive are narrow twisty roads. the murci will not do well on 1/3 of these roads due to width and low nose without any plastic spoiler to take the scrapes

clutch job is engine out. $$ and takes a long time. so 6 speed is a must.

front lift system seems to be vulnerable

if you drive fast with other exotics like 458 in the narrow mountain roads, you will want a gallardo. if you like going to car shows or cruise with buddies on wider roads, the lp640.

hope this helps!

I'v e had my LP640 Roadster for 2 years now. Absolutely zero problems with the egear, lift or any other components. I love the car, despite being big, wide, low, etc. At every car event I go to, the LP640 takes center stage, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Is it as nimble as the Gallardo? Hell no. But who cares, I've got a V12 under the bonnet and scissor doors :)

E. Don't do anything till you talk to me K

K, could you pm your number or message me thru work and I'll call you minyan a. Thanks.

Thanks also everyone for the input. Keep it coming.

How's the Gas Mileage? (just messin' with you)

But I definitely have the itch for a V12--specifically in orange, verde ithica, or monterrey blue.

Hahaha! Those are great colors you have in mind!

There is no dilemma, just go for it. LP640s are gorgeous. Lambo NB recently had a celeste phoebe, but it was an egear. Would have definitely considered it had it been gated. Be patient and find a nice 6spd. Good luck.

One of my all time favorite colors and very understated but bold.

i've been thinking V12 lambo as well. just the reliability and ease of use of the 560 seems to keep talking me out of a 640.

Rob it is really nice to see you post here more! I hope you continue to hang around.

I'v e had my LP640 Roadster for 2 years now. Absolutely zero problems with the egear, lift or any other components. I love the car, despite being big, wide, low, etc. At every car event I go to, the LP640 takes center stage, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Is it as nimble as the Gallardo? Hell no. But who cares, I've got a V12 under the bonnet and scissor doors :)

They do have one heck of a presence that is for sure!

if you get to drive on a track from time to time, keep the G.. If you want a balls out swag car get the murci.. But don't settle for the egear.. go for the experience and get a proper manual trans. It is a blast to drive and the v12 symphony never gets old.. Never..

The murci should be pretty reliable, but def not a G.

Good luck.

I've had both and I seriously would never go back to the G after my 640 roadster. The car is just absurd in every way but I think that's what makes it so fun to drive. Reliability is fine for me (even with the egear) but I have heard a few stories; records become even more important as you get into this level of car for sure.

I'm moving down to OC in a few weeks so if you haven't actually been in one yet I'd be happy to take you out for a spin!

I've had both and I seriously would never go back to the G after my 640 roadster. The car is just absurd in every way but I think that's what makes it so fun to drive. Reliability is fine for me (even with the egear) but I have heard a few stories; records become even more important as you get into this level of car for sure.

I'm moving down to OC in a few weeks so if you haven't actually been in one yet I'd be happy to take you out for a spin!

Which part of OC, maybe you can join us for a couple of meets. Here is a short drive from Sunday.

Guys, Thanks for all of the responses. I've already found a few cars that have caught my eye. A '09 orange at Lambo NB and another orange at Lambo Dallas. There is also a Monterey Blue in Florida that has been for sale for a while. From research, it appears they're in no hurry to sell it. Although they do stock some nice inventory. I will definitely drive before buying as I've never been in one. I've driven an Aventador but I'm sure that's a whole different animal. At this point, I'm open to e-gear but a manual would be the icing on the cake.

Luxeous, thanks for the generous offer! Much appreciated. Lambo NB has offered a test drive in their LP640. Will probably go over and try it out when my schedule permits in the next couple of weeks. They have treated me very we'll in my past dealings with them. Looking forward to the experience.

Which part of OC, maybe you can join us for a couple of meets. Here is a short drive from Sunday.

That looks like fun! I'll be in Laguna Beach, definitely up to go for a drive. PM me your info and lets keep in touch!

Guys, Thanks for all of the responses. I've already found a few cars that have caught my eye. A '09 orange at Lambo NB and another orange at Lambo Dallas. There is also a Monterey Blue in Florida that has been for sale for a while. From research, it appears they're in no hurry to sell it. Although they do stock some nice inventory. I will definitely drive before buying as I've never been in one. I've driven an Aventador but I'm sure that's a whole different animal. At this point, I'm open to e-gear but a manual would be the icing on the cake.

Luxeous, thanks for the generous offer! Much appreciated. Lambo NB has offered a test drive in their LP640. Will probably go over and try it out when my schedule permits in the next couple of weeks. They have treated me very we'll in my past dealings with them. Looking forward to the experience.

Awesome, no worries! Sebastian at Lambo NB is the man; you'll be in great hands there for sure. :)

At every car event I go to, the LP640 takes center stage, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Is it as nimble as the Gallardo? Hell no. But who cares, I've got a V12 under the bonnet and scissor doors :)

bizSolHeader.jpg

That looks like fun! I'll be in Laguna Beach, definitely up to go for a drive. PM me your info and lets keep in touch!

PM on the way, hopefully 737Drvr gets his Murci soon; I like to see more members in OC.

Giovanni is the go to guy also at Lambo NB, good luck 737Drvr.