Tesla Model S P85 D, 691HP

FikseSTS

wow...

The top of the line dual-motor equipped P85D has a measured 0 - 60 time of 3.2 seconds, which should put it among the fastest sedans ever when it starts shipping in December.

Aside from the performance and handling upgrade of AWD (two other models with the tech will roll out early next year) Tesla is also introducing new driver assist features to match and surpass what others like Mercedes and Lexus are doing, like lane keeping and self-adjusting cruise control. Its new cars can read speed limit signs and adjust accordingly, and even change lanes by themselves when the driver activates the turn signal, all powered by a system of 12 sensors that see around the car.

These new models can park themselves, and even (while on private property) summon the car, and it will slowly drive to where you are, or park itself in the garage!

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/09/tesla-d...-driver-assist/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that :eusa_naughty:

Possibly accordingly means preset limits, so you can set it for 9 over the limit or whatever. This would be useful in speed trap situations where you are cruising along and suddenly the speed limit drops.

All these innovations are pretty cool. The car summon and other features are truly futuristic.

and even (while on private property) summon the car, and it will slowly drive to where you are, or park itself in the garage!

I hope you'll have to make a Jedi gesture for that to work ;)

post-11539-1412934168.gif

I think it will be even quicker/faster.....

The numbers match up.

3.2=691=?=11.8 second 1/4 mile

Fishy fishy.

6-8 weeks... december is what they are saying....

Congratz! Deliverytime? I'm also interessted if the deliveryperiod is short!

Yeah, but I'm talking about the other side of the pond, we always have to wait for the good stuff :/

I'm guessing around March-April 2015, but the delivery time here is a lot longer than in the US, probably 3-4 months after the order is placed.

The self driving works beyond controlled environments? If there is another car next to you blocking the speed limit, would the car still know when to change speed?

How is it different than google car? Google is gps based I think. And MB and Tesla are camera based?

hah, I should have put Fikse in there... I actually took out my last name... :)

I like the part where Brooks is so famous he only needs one name. :icon_super:

it uses GPS, cameras and sonar.... this video explains a bit....

The self driving works beyond controlled environments? If there is another car next to you blocking the speed limit, would the car still know when to change speed?

How is it different than google car? Google is gps based I think. And MB and Tesla are camera based?

I am very excited about this car! Tesla is amazing and they continue to innovate and change American manufacturing. I hope they knock it out of the park with their upcoming "cheaper" model and really give the finger to the Big Three.

He goes: "The car will park itself in the garage"....LONG PAUSE..."including opening the door and then go in and park itself"....long pause. THEN people start clapping. It was like they thought it was a joke at first and Musk's face was priceless. You could tell he was thinking "I just told you fatasses the car will OPEN your garage door and freaking park itself...can I get a round of applause?"