Tesla Model S P85 D, 691HP

FikseSTS

I am very excited about this car! Tesla is amazing and they continue to innovate and change American manufacturing. I hope they knock it out of the park with their upcoming "cheaper" model and really give the finger to the Big Three.

If they build something in the small sedan range ~$50k I'll be all over that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice..and they will hold their value much better then buying something european...and hopefully more reliable..

Has the range shorten and by how much? I didn't see any numbers on that. I will probably place an order in December for mine.

If they build something in the small sedan range ~$50k I'll be all over that.

It's coming and if you buy Tesla stock at a dip now you'll be able to pay for it with the stock profits in 5 years when their $30k car drops.

Has the range shorten and by how much? I didn't see any numbers on that. I will probably place an order in December for mine.

Apparently it gets better by I think 20 miles if I remember the press release correctly. Best range is now 295 miles.

I think we all agree that the original seat certainly were something to be desired and the interior certainly could use a little more spiffed, but my car is two years old now. my maintenance costs are about six jugs of washer fluid, two sets of wiper blades, and a set of tires. my electricity costs for the last 12 months is zero. I've been going to the supercharger 7 miles up the road from my house and plugging in while I go shopping or have a drink and/or dinner. I can deal with the crappy seats for that type of user cost. I'm going to be trading mine in and place my order for my P85D also today.

I think we all agree that the original seat certainly were something to be desired and the interior certainly could use a little more spiffed, but my car is two years old now. my maintenance costs are about six jugs of washer fluid, two sets of wiper blades, and a set of tires. my electricity costs for the last 12 months is zero. I've been going to the supercharger 7 miles up the road from my house and plugging in while I go shopping or have a drink and/or dinner. I can deal with the crappy seats for that type of user cost. I'm going to be trading mine in and place my order for my P85D also today.

Scotty, if you'd had a BMW 7 series bought new loaded for 100k, you're costs wouldn't be much different.

P85D range goes up by 10 miles, others go up more.....

I believe the lower models gain range while the P85D loses 10 miles to a full charge. Totally worth it! I need to put an order in. I want this.

Everyone in the car industry knows how to make an electric engine.

Everyone in the electronics industry knows how to make mp3 players and cell phones but it's all about the presentation…i.e.. apple.

His depreciation costs certainly would a lot less..I wouldnt rule out how much time the BMW would be in the shop under warranty also...

Scotty, if you'd had a BMW 7 series bought new loaded for 100k, you're costs wouldn't be much different.

My Model S was $103k, minus the $7,500, so $95,500. I've had it 18 months and put 22k miles on it. Going price for the car now is $85-$90k. I doubt a 7 series would come close to that....

that doesn't even count the ~$7k savings in fuel for those 22k miles.

My Model S was $103k, minus the $7,500, so $95,500. I've had it 18 months and put 22k miles on it. Going price for the car now is $85-$90k. I doubt a 7 series would come close to that....

A few questions.

How will this 691 hp model cost?

The HP seems off based on the numbers? I though yours ran 0-60 in 3.9 secs and 12.3 ? One would think with nearly 300hp more it would run 10s on a bad day? o-60 with AWD should be even quicker. It just seems like its under performing for the HUGE increase in HP vs the older model ?

I put just about every option on mine, came out to $135k, minus the $7,500... so $127k....

Tesla seems to underestimate.... the extra motor does add some weight, they say my car goes 0-60 in 4.2 and I got 3.9.... I'm guessing we might see 0-60 MPH in 2.99 seconds and mid 11's in the 1/4 mile @ 122 MPH...

towards the top end it seems like the Tesla pulls back the power, at least on the current P85's, maybe the let loose some more since this new dual motor setup increases top speed to 155 MPH....

I should have mine before our next track rental, will be lots of fun surprising super cars with this 700HP sleeper.... :)

A few questions.

How will this 691 hp model cost?

The HP seems off based on the numbers? I though yours ran 0-60 in 3.9 secs and 12.3 ? One would think with nearly 300hp more it would run 10s on a bad day? o-60 with AWD should be even quicker. It just seems like its under performing for the HUGE increase in HP vs the older model ?

I wasn't talking depreciation. Addktionally $7k fuel savings. I guess it depends. I prefer home charging rather than going and spending 30 minutes on a supercharge for free. lets say supercharge is 30 minutes and you have to do it 1.5 times per week. That's roughly 80 times per year. So that's 40 hours per year. Let's conservatively say your time is $250/hour then that's $10k of your time wasted. So you are still not coming out ahead.

Everyone in the electronics industry knows how to make mp3 players and cell phones but it's all about the presentation…i.e.. apple.

new-mercedes-s63_02.jpg

2014-mercedes-benz-s63-amg-4matic-interior-02.jpg

2015-Mercedes-Benz-CLS-facelift-photo-6-1200x796.jpg

Its not even a competition...

I didn't know Mercedes electric cars had exhaust tips? Last I checked there was no wait list for a electric Benz, don't get me wrong I love Benz (owned like 20) . We talking EV here stay on topic.

I love the fact that Elon is taking the company this way; definitely a good move as they look to introduce the model 3. I think it might take a small bump in price but the reality is it will probably replace the standard model S to further differentiate the price between that and the model 3.

Lol, really? I have a 2011 760Li. And every oil change they seam to find an extra $800 worth of crap to fix and it sucks a lot of gas. My tesla costs me $.04/ mile to drive. My BMW costs $0.27/ mile.

Btw, it's for sale. BMW individual with every option. $155k sticker. 11k miles.

I wasn't talking depreciation. Addktionally $7k fuel savings. I guess it depends. I prefer home charging rather than going and spending 30 minutes on a supercharge for free. lets say supercharge is 30 minutes and you have to do it 1.5 times per week. That's roughly 80 times per year. So that's 40 hours per year. Let's conservatively say your time is $250/hour then that's $10k of your time wasted. So you are still not coming out ahead.

This is an argument similar to arguing whether if you speed up surgical procedures that you could make more money. It's often told that if you sped up surgical procedures and added a case on each day the surgeon could make more money. That will be provided they actually added one more case that day. Fact is most people need some downtime. My local supercharger is at a mall so it either grab a cuppa coffee and check my emails or do some work. I can also go grab a bite to eat or a haircut. Thus I wouldn't consider it wasted time at all. Brooks probably can do all his work from the front seat of his car while he's charging.

nobody does that..... you supercharge when you're on trips.... the $7k fuel savings is charging at home and paying for the electricity....