test drove the new S550 coupe today

cake

You think it's $250k hot?

Nope. Its one of the first ones delivered ive seen. Theyre asking a huge premium just like people are doing with the Huracan.

Other marked up car not worth $200+.......Range Rover LWB :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

I KID!! Lol

Nope. Its one of the first ones delivered ive seen. Theyre asking a huge premium just like people are doing with the Huracan.

Other marked up car not worth $200+.......Range Rover LWB :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

I KID!! Lol

What do you mean? Wait a minute. I see where you're going with that. lolol

Upon further review, the interior of the car is super sick. With the Edition 1 package putting the car at $198k sticker, I say they're worth $150k-$160k in under 6 months. That's probably generous too.

That interior is bad ass but the sting from the SL65 I took still haunts me all these years later. In addition to the normal depreciation if you get caught with one after a body style tweak you are royally screwed. That said after the lions share of depreciation has been absorbed by others there are some absolute steals to be had. For this money though you are in ghost,mulsanne territory which have way more sense of occasion than the Benz.

Somehow, the new one keeps reminding me of a Passat CC

See, I honestly thought the Passat CC was one of the most beautiful "normally" priced car I've seen in a LONG time. The S coupe...not feeling the rear honestly, where I thought the CC shined.

See, I honestly thought the Passat CC was one of the most beautiful "normally" priced car I've seen in a LONG time. The S coupe...not feeling the rear honestly, where I thought the CC shined.

Im with you, that v-dub is a sleek ride.

Aside from lack of power you can find some pretty choice cars for sub $40k these days.

• 5 weeks later...

The S63 Rob posted looks amazing. I think the coupe is highly dependent on what color it is painted in.

PS. We all know how I feel about white/silver cars on red interiors! :wub:

I drove the S63 coupe this morning. Car is the tits. Price is debatable, but it really does have more of everything than everything out there. It's more comfortable, better built, than all it's competitors (namely the Bentley. I don't consider it a Rolls competitor. I would have an S63 coupe and a Wraith if I could). Fast, loud when needs to be. Great stereo. If you can get it at invoice then it's a no brainer IMHO. But I think most guys who buy these get the invoice pricing. I didn't get much off my G63 but they were ready to give me everything I wanted and then some for a coupe.

My biggest issue is MB fixed one of my two issues with the sedan: That awful steering wheel. 2015 gets the S coupe wheel. Now if they can give it red seats....

So, what happened?
Got busy - other priorities.

At this point I may not drive it before spring.

I did drive the latest Tesla. Cool car, amazing torque but overpriced and lacking in many creature comforts that are available on much less expensive cars. Somewhat spartan interior although I appreciate the clean lines and modern feel.

I drove the S63 coupe this morning. Car is the tits. Price is debatable, but it really does have more of everything than everything out there. It's more comfortable, better built, than all it's competitors (namely the Bentley. I don't consider it a Rolls competitor. I would have an S63 coupe and a Wraith if I could). Fast, loud when needs to be. Great stereo. If you can get it at invoice then it's a no brainer IMHO. But I think most guys who buy these get the invoice pricing. I didn't get much off my G63 but they were ready to give me everything I wanted and then some for a coupe.

My biggest issue is MB fixed one of my two issues with the sedan: That awful steering wheel. 2015 gets the S coupe wheel. Now if they can give it red seats....

Based on this ^ I might have to make time to drive it. Thanks for the review.

Looks sharp in white.

Got busy - other priorities.

At this point I may not drive it before spring.

I did drive the latest Tesla. Cool car, amazing torque but overpriced and lacking in many creature comforts that are available on much less expensive cars. Somewhat spartan interior although I appreciate the clean lines and modern feel.

Based on this ^ I might have to make time to drive it. Thanks for the review.

Looks sharp in white.

Honestly, I could never buy this car in non AMG form. Night and day imho.