Stupid remodel question

sprite

Sprite you can do a pretty crazy shower if you utilize the whole bathroom floor to provide the fall towards the drain ( I HATE step in showers!), you can have a very shallow drain and the fall can be very minimal, I will post some photos tomorrow for you.

Aquabocci have some great drainage solutions for that application

http://aquabocci.com/shopping-cart-blade.html

http://aquabocci.com/fileadmin/user_upload...web_version.pdf

blade_channel_drain_03.jpg

blade_fire.jpg

The drain itself is very shallow so it doesn't require a lot of depth for installation, the rest of the plumbing should be in the walls so hopefully not too much of a drama.

If you can locate the existing drain, if you take the tub out you might be able to utilise that location, if it isn't suitable you might be able to chase it in the concrete (make sure the slab isn't post tensioned) a good contractor should be able to help you, once you find someone good, the only limitations will be your imagination and budget.

In relation to the TV I am sure you can place it behind an acrylic panel.

Good luck, make sure you post some photos of the transformation if you go ahead.

EDIT:

if you want a good overhead look no further, you mount this on the wall which should help if you don't have enough room in the ceiling

Hansgrohe Raindance

37__hap93025_tif.jpg

The answer is NO, she doesn't come with the shower head, I bought two and already asked :icon_mrgreen:

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So i went with option B, getting the penthouse, but it doesn't really solve the problem as I still need to remodel. Just a lot more now lol. I plan on redoing floors, kitchen and bathrooms to make it modern. I'll post some after pictures when it's all said and done but probably won't be for quite a while.

post-8895-1471206892.jpg

post-8895-1471206928.jpg

post-8895-1471206944.jpg

post-8895-1471206957.jpg

post-8895-1471206982.jpg

post-8895-1471209307.jpg

congrats man! thats gonna look killer when its updated! Same condo complex?

yeah same building so the move should be a breeze. I really like my building and the location just wanted more space. This came up for sale a few months ago and I was finally able to lock it down yesterday.

Sprite you can do a pretty crazy shower if you utilize the whole bathroom floor to provide the fall towards the drain ( I HATE step in showers!), you can have a very shallow drain and the fall can be very minimal, I will post some photos tomorrow for you.

Aquabocci have some great drainage solutions for that application

http://aquabocci.com/shopping-cart-blade.html

http://aquabocci.com/fileadmin/user_upload...web_version.pdf

post-7524-1413547470.jpg

post-7524-1413547478.jpg

The drain itself is very shallow so it doesn't require a lot of depth for installation, the rest of the plumbing should be in the walls so hopefully not too much of a drama.

If you can locate the existing drain, if you take the tub out you might be able to utilise that location, if it isn't suitable you might be able to chase it in the concrete (make sure the slab isn't post tensioned) a good contractor should be able to help you, once you find someone good, the only limitations will be your imagination and budget.

In relation to the TV I am sure you can place it behind an acrylic panel.

Good luck, make sure you post some photos of the transformation if you go ahead.

EDIT:

if you want a good overhead look no further, you mount this on the wall which should help if you don't have enough room in the ceiling

Hansgrohe Raindance

post-7524-1413548377_thumb.jpg

The answer is NO, she doesn't come with the shower head, I bought two and already asked :icon_mrgreen:

congrats sprite! what does that shower head run? very cool set up

yeah same building so the move should be a breeze. I really like my building and the location just wanted more space. This came up for sale a few months ago and I was finally able to lock it down yesterday.

Congrats, I can't wait to see what you are doing with it :icon_thumleft:

congrats sprite! what does that shower head run? very cool set up

From memory it was around $7k plus you need the control set up so close to $10k I'd say but considering we pay at least twice as much for everything here you should be able to buy it for $1500 in the States LOL

The quality is fantastic, it has fans built in and mixes air with the water, I love it!

From memory it was around $7k plus you need the control set up so close to $10k I'd say but considering we pay at least twice as much for everything here you should be able to buy it for $1500 in the States LOL

The quality is fantastic, it has fans built in and mixes air with the water, I love it!

:icon_thumleft: thx bud ill look into!

For those familiar with pricing in the US does 150-200k seem like a reasonable estimate to renovate/modernize 3400sqft? Hoping I can get it done in that range.

For those familiar with pricing in the US does 150-200k seem like a reasonable estimate to renovate/modernize 3400sqft? Hoping I can get it done in that range.

Depends on the rooms and materials being used/updated

Congrats! Looks pretty awesome as it is!

Congrats, I can't wait to see what you are doing with it :icon_thumleft:

Awesome pad! Congrats!

Thanks. I'm glad I was able to snatch it up. It's had the original owners since the building was constructed in 2004, but they are getting old and wanted to move out of the city closer to their kids. The building has 3 penthouses and this has always been my favorite one of them [best views, 2nd largest square footage wise and 1 of 2 split level units [Living area on 36th floor, master area on 37th floor which only houses the master area from this and the other split story penthouse and a bar for residents].

Sorry but that is an open ended question.

It depends on what you are doing and what materials/finishes you use.

Unless you have a good idea what you want you might want to enlist the help of an interior designer.

By the way I am jealous of your new place, how tall is the building?

Sorry but that is an open ended question.

It depends on what you are doing and what materials/finishes you use.

Unless you have a good idea what you want you might want to enlist the help of an interior designer.

By the way I am jealous of your new place, how tall is the building?

Yeah I will be getting quotes from several companies. I haven't even started to look into yet, was just wondering if that seemed like a good ballpark figure.

The building is 450ft tall.

You need lower mounted shower head for her to come. :offtopic:

Remember to do proper water insulation under wall and floor tiles.

It very easily might not been done before if it was only meant for tub use.

It's paste that will be applied before tiles and will create waterproof layer underneath, kinda room in a room so you have no expensive and healt risk mold problems down the line.

If you end up going Sauna route I can help narrow down proper Finnish heater that can take any amount of abuse you throw at it.

Like this:

216144.jpg

or

c3c1543f1e98eac8911a7c94eaf027e4.jpg

Ofcourse proper sauna should be with wood burning furnace but doing that might be challenging unless you are in highest floor.

puukiuas_kota_kuru_musta.jpg

You need lower mounted shower head for her to come. :offtopic:

Remember to do proper water insulation under wall and floor tiles.

It very easily might not been done before if it was only meant for tub use.

It's paste that will be applied before tiles and will create waterproof layer underneath, kinda room in a room so you have no expensive and healt risk mold problems down the line.

If you end up going Sauna route I can help narrow down proper Finnish heater that can take any amount of abuse you throw at it.

Like this:

216144.jpg

or

c3c1543f1e98eac8911a7c94eaf027e4.jpg

Ofcourse proper sauna should be with wood burning furnace but doing that might be challenging unless you are in highest floor.

puukiuas_kota_kuru_musta.jpg

Nah definitely not doing a sauna. We have one at our mountain cabin in Norway and that's the only place I use it after being in the snow all day skiiing/snowboarding.

350k for a remodel sounds high to me unless you are really decking it out with some crazy materials. If you're doing all the curb less showers and 15k dollar shower heads, extremely high end kitchen, then yeah I could see it adding up to that. We built a garage where just the floor was 150k, so it is a possibility.

Damn near impossible to say if $350,000 is a good number or not... If you go with high spec finishes you could easily drop $200,000 before you're through with your kitchen and master bath. At this price point, I'd work with an interior designer and have all materials, surfaces and fixtures identified for the bids. If not, go ahead and add a 30% - 50% contingency on top of your bids so you can spec materials you'll be happy with.