Need help buying a mattress

lambornima

:iamwithstupid:

The manufacturer used memory foam in the custom couch I had them make for us, most comfortable couch ever!

The only thing I don't like from Tempur are their pillows.

Funny you say that, I had our couches made of memory foam as well. So comfortable.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is the sleep number? im thinking about pulling the trigger before Christmas.

Tempurpedic makes a competing product called the tempur-choice and the choice-lux. You should check those out as well.

Thanks for the input guys. I gotta play in my budget too, can't be spending 5k on a mattress lol.

Get a decent mattress from the Sears Outlet and a memory foam topper from Costco. Problem solved.

Nima,

I've been in the mattress business for about 15 years. I have a six store chain and I would be happy to help you though this with no BS sales pitch. PM me if you want to discuss it. I recommend Tempurpedic. I can have everything delivered to your home in just a few days, and I can save you a few bucks as well. Several members here have gone through this process with me and can also give you some suggestions.

I'll definitely be calling you next time. We bought a tempurpedic locally, and hated it. Was so bad my wife slept on another mattress until we returned it. Even tried the break in process of walking on it for a few days, never again. You deal with sleep number beds?

After a few nights sleeping on a Westin 'Heavenly Bed', I popped a peak and saw they are made by Simmons (it's one of the Beauty Rest line, I believe).

Bought one shortly after and have loved it.

It's a thick (13inch) single sided (no flipping) pillow-top mattress with individually pocketed coils (so sayeth their web site).

I love it.

Did I mention that I love it?

I'll definitely be calling you next time. We bought a tempurpedic locally, and hated it. Was so bad my wife slept on another mattress until we returned it. Even tried the break in process of walking on it for a few days, never again. You deal with sleep number beds?

I used to be a dealer for sleep number (actually select comfort that has since merged with sleep number). We experienced some quality control issues with that product so I no longer sell them. Tempurpedic makes a competing product called the tempur-choice. There are a lot of details to figure out when narrowing it down to the right sleep surface for someone. Pm me if you ever want to discuss. It's something that is easier to do over the phone.

I didnt even think about Gary. I will next time.

I just bought a mattress from Gary based on the recommendations from this thread and older ones. He was a real pleasure to deal with, informative, knowledgeable and responsive, you can't ask for better. I would recommend him very highly for a smooth and painless transaction.

Despite not knowing me he cut me a great deal just because I've been lurking here for a decade or so, very much appreciated and not expected.

BTW, I also went with a Tempurpedic for those keeping track.

I just bought a mattress from Gary based on the recommendations from this thread and older ones. He was a real pleasure to deal with, informative, knowledgeable and responsive, you can't ask for better. I would recommend him very highly for a smooth and painless transaction.

Despite not knowing me he cut me a great deal just because I've been lurking here for a decade or so, very much appreciated and not expected.

BTW, I also went with a Tempurpedic for those keeping track.

:iamwithstupid: He sent some great advice my way to help me with my search as well.

Anyone try Casper?

I just ordered one and it's arriving today. There's a ton of people happy about their sleep on Twitter and I saw a ton of video reviews. One of the big reasons I went with them is because they use less chemicals. They offered a 100 night guarantee so I gave it a shot.

We went with the Costco memory foam and then returned it. we then went with the top of the line temperpedic cloud luxe, with the ergo bases. Was like $10K, I don't like it. I sleep better when we go back and sleep on our old mattress, but with all the money we have in it, damn it we are gonna use it.

We went with the Costco memory foam and then returned it. we then went with the top of the line temperpedic cloud luxe, with the ergo bases. Was like $10K, I don't like it. I sleep better when we go back and sleep on our old mattress, but with all the money we have in it, damn it we are gonna use it.

I have a very sensitive back from an old injury.

When I first started sleeping on memory foam, I would wake up sore. However, over time, I've adjusted to memory foam rather well. Now, when I go to old spring mattresses, I wake up sore!

For 10K I'm never leaving that bed !

• 2 weeks later...
I used to be a dealer for sleep number (actually select comfort that has since merged with sleep number). We experienced some quality control issues with that product so I no longer sell them. Tempurpedic makes a competing product called the tempur-choice. There are a lot of details to figure out when narrowing it down to the right sleep surface for someone. Pm me if you ever want to discuss. It's something that is easier to do over the phone.

After some discussion with the other half, I'm going to give you a call next week. We've got a few questions and would like your advice.

So my mattress is really old and I'm getting back pain when I wake up. I need a new mattress. The mattress buying process is the most annoying and tedious goddamn process ever. There's a zillion types and each one is 1/2 an inch different than the other.

What's everyone's experiences with pocketcoils, memory foam (or a combination) and the three big brands (Sealy, Serta, Simmons)? What's with the super cheap memory foam mattresses that are 200-500 bucks? Am I asking for trouble with those?

Thanks,

Nima

This is just my opinion. But I broke my back, my lower lumbars, in a car wreck 15 years ago when it flipped and I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I have truly found the cheap mattress to be the best and most comfortable. And I've had multi $1000 mattresses. I get the ones with the built in pillow top. The cheap ones don't last as long, but they're also only $600-900 and I don't mind replacing mine every 3-5 years or so.

I have a very sensitive back from an old injury.

When I first started sleeping on memory foam, I would wake up sore. However, over time, I've adjusted to memory foam rather well. Now, when I go to old spring mattresses, I wake up sore!

For 10K I'm never leaving that bed !

I got a memory foam one about a month ago. When I sit on it, it feels good. But when I lay down I feel like i don't "sink" enough and it's a bit tough. But I wake up without my back hurting where on a super soft mattress my back would hurt in the morning.

• 6 months later...

So I figured out what I need for a bed from this post. And I have sheets I like. But I dont have a pillow I like. Anyone have a suggestion?

So I figured out what I need for a bed from this post. And I have sheets I like. But I dont have a pillow I like. Anyone have a suggestion?

Tempurpedic contour... XL

I have come to realize after searching for the perfect bed for years and buying a semi expensive mattress than that pillows are very important factor in a good night sleep. And you must determine if you are a back sleaper or a side sleeper. I sleep better in my Rv with a 200 mattress and a Costco mattress topper that I do at home on my 3k bed. I purchase a few $100 pillows and don't sleep exceptionally well but when I go to a good hotel with three or four smaller pillows I sleep perfectly. Still trying to figure it out ,will ipdate later.