Video... Tesla Model S P85D (691HP) vs P85 (415HP)

FikseSTS

does the most damage at the start, but it's still pulling away steadily... roll race taking away the launch advantage...

It seems like the D put just about all of the distance on the P85 in the first few seconds of the race. After that the D seemed to be barely pulling on the P85 at all.

Knowing how the regular P85 pulls... that is insane. "Internet rumor" has it the P85D is actually limited in acceleration (capable of 0-60 in 2.4) to protect occupants... might be bogus, but wouldn't surprise me!

I would agree, the car drops power after the hit, I think there is a lot more in it.... Tesla actually says they will release more power...

Knowing how the regular P85 pulls... that is insane. "Internet rumor" has it the P85D is actually limited in acceleration (capable of 0-60 in 2.4) to protect occupants... might be bogus, but wouldn't surprise me!

who would have thought only a few years ago that we would be here on a Lamborghini forum watching drag races of electric family cars.

they're a very impressive cars that's for sure.

It seems like the D put just about all of the distance on the P85 in the first few seconds of the race. After that the D seemed to be barely pulling on the P85 at all.

:iamwithstupid:

That's insane. Always loved Tesla, but this just makes me want one even more!

:iamwithstupid:

Got mine over the weekend, we had tons of fun taking friends for rides. The "insane" button is so much fun. The new seats are a huge improvement. The steering feels so much tighter also. The new calendar function is like having a second wife......always telling me I am going to be late. Lol

Got mine over the weekend, we had tons of fun taking friends for rides. The "insane" button is so much fun. The new seats are a huge improvement. The steering feels so much tighter also. The new calendar function is like having a second wife......always telling me I am going to be late. Lol

:shock: :lol2:

• 8 months later...

I only had the car for a day and it rained almost the entire time.... made a quick video then headed out of town...

Brooks, how come everybody posting your new video but you? How are you liking the new P90D?

doesn't need special tires, there is no spin, but it won't go 10's in it's current form.... Tesla will need to up the top end power with a software update...

Still, on prep track and toyo on it will go high 10.