Huracan tested by Top Gear - Spoilers

falconsprint

Well there you go, capitalism doesn't necessarily produce the greatest results. Who'd a thunk it?

But it is. Maybe not 100% of the time, but it still seems to be the most probable way to get there as often as possible.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you still love the DSG? I know you were a huge proponent of the DSG for the Gallardo replacement. Now its here and you prefer the Single clutch in the Aventador? Not trying to come across as an ass, just curious about your thoughts on both.

Your Huracan is now worth 10% more. :icon_mrgreen:

The dual clutch in the Huracan is fantastic as far as dual clutches go, much better than the one in the McLaren. I never said I prefer the single clutch, I said I prefer the overall experience of the Aventador. The Aventador is not nearly as usable day to day as the Huracan, but I am finding that I always want to drive the Aventador over the Huracan when it comes time to drive a Lambo. If I was going to drive on a track the Huracan would be a lot more fun. It is smaller, lighter and a lot more fun to whip around. The Aventador is just a lot more special and more of an occasion to take out. I believe it is one of the greatest car designs ever, and my 50th is over the top.

I hope no one takes offense to this because I am not trying to demean the Huracan whatsoever (I truly believe it is amazing), but the truth is I got it for my wife to drive mostly. We got rid of our McLaren Mp4 spider as she loved driving the Huracan demo a lot more. We even considered a 650s spider, but after driving the Huracan and the 650s back to back, the Huracan was the much better car. All of that being said, we picked up a new 911 Turbo S cab a couple months ago, and my wife has put like 1500 miles on it. She has driven the Huracan only once for about 20 miles since we picked that up (we are now up to a paltry 300 miles on it, lol). Of course she loves the new Porsche so much, she doesn't even like driving her ML63 anymore, and so naturally we have the new facelifted Cayenne Turbo on order lol.

It used to be a lot worse a few years ago. When the LP560 came out, I think 70% of the initial response was negative. Lots of angry drunks expecting +200hp, -500kg and Pagani styling addenda, bemoaning the 'fact' that Lamborghini was an unprofitable stinkhole during the company's biggest boom period.

Or that's my memory of it, at least.

Now that you mention, you are correct, my memory isn't what it used to be :icon_mrgreen:

But it is. Maybe not 100% of the time, but it still seems to be the most probable way to get there as often as possible.

:iamwithstupid:

People acting shocked that there is only a small amount of love for the huracan.

For clarification we hate and grumble about everything when it first comes out.

It is what we do. We do not discriminate.

Lambo is the dark side, the dark meat, bubbly characters are not us.

On our best days we are grumpy cat and that works for us.

Yes audi have done well but there is a shit load of scope in their product to improve.

Is it a bad thing that we want improvements from a brand we love?

I get the hate that's never upset me, haters make me feel alive :icon_mrgreen: everyone is entitled to voice their own opinion, thread crapping with the same broken record routine and spreading misinformation no bueno IMO

Anyway it is what it is we all move on and keep on having fun! :icon_thumleft:

Audi and Lambo are just running 3-part throttle corrections to stay on top of their buyers. Push it up...a little too much power...squeak a little off...ok, maybe not that much...nudge in a bit more, split the difference. Even though it's fast and progressive, I think the Huracan is the middle correction and people will be more uniformly impressed with its successor in the big picture. I can already hear the TopGear hosts in that classic British slant, "wow, now this is a proppa Lambagheeni!" You heard it here first. :icon_thumleft:

This is more interesting: Grip drives Huracan against stop watch on mountain road versus Audi R8 V10, Lancia Delta S4, and finally Walter Röhrl in Porsche Turbo S

;)

Heard the perfect description of the Huracan today. "While it is a Lamborghini, it is the first modern Lamborghini built by accountants." Any while it may be a bit hyperbolic for some, it seems quite apropos considering its appeal.

Heard the perfect description of the Huracan today. "While it is a Lamborghini, it is the first modern Lamborghini built by accountants." Any while it may be a bit hyperbolic for some, it seems quite apropos considering its appeal.

Everything is built by accountants otherwise car companies will go broke, go and drive one come back and tell me you don't like it and then I will start listening again to what you've go to say :icon_mrgreen:

This is more interesting: Grip drives Huracan against stop watch on mountain road versus Audi R8 V10, Lancia Delta S4, and finally Walter Röhrl in Porsche Turbo S

;)

I probably understood less than 10 words LOL but that was such an entertaining video, that Lancia is nuts, old rally cars are simply awesome! I love how they didn't have the balls to get in the car with Walter :lol2:

What were the times? I think Lancia was 53:84 not sure on the others, great video thanks for posting!

We got rid of our McLaren Mp4 spider as she loved driving the Huracan demo a lot more. We even considered a 650s spider, but after driving the Huracan and the 650s back to back, the Huracan was the much better car.

Care to elaborate a little?

Good to hear for sure!

Regardless, he'll appreciate that I call myself an asshole in public ;)

A HOLE!!

Top Gear is full of shit anyways...I watch every episode because I enjoy their sense of humor...but most of what they say about cars are usually bias or makes no sense.

How can they say the new Lambo is too fast and should be alittle slower?

And if Lambo went out there to make a slower car, trust me they'll say "oh if only they made it faster"..

having driven both lambos and ferraris..i would honestly say i prefer the drive of a Ferrari...they're easy to live with...comfortable..fun and nice...BUT i'll rather have a Lambo parked out my front door for me to look at..i don't enjoy the drive of a lambo more..(except when in tunnels or highways) but somehow I just want Lambo over a Ferrari..

I guess its like dating a hot looking girl who has a crazy attitude that is hard to live with..but you still want her more than a average looking girl who is easy to live with.. :icon_mrgreen:

back on the Huracan topic..I sat in it..its fast! the gearbox is solid! but like with the Gallardos..im always a big bull fan so i'll take an Aventador over a Huracan anyday.

Lambo91 one of my friends told me the Huracan is $1.280 mil in Singapore, is that really how much they are? :shock:

I remembered it was 1.18mil..but maybe it is 1.28mil after options? so yeah i would say its about right...the Aventador roadster is at 1.8mil :eusa_wall:

I remembered it was 1.18mil..but maybe it is 1.28mil after options? so yeah i would say its about right...the Aventador roadster is at 1.8mil :eusa_wall:

First class on Sinngapore+Huracan+ Home in LA= Less

That sucks but 7% tax helps :icon_mrgreen:

Everything is built by accountants otherwise car companies will go broke, go and drive one come back and tell me you don't like it and then I will start listening again to what you've go to say :icon_mrgreen:

You're first mistake was ever listening to people on the Internet! The second, would be assuming anybody on the Internet actually cared what you thought. :icon_mrgreen:

But like I prefaced it, a "bit" hyperbolic; not completely.

The cars performance and sales figures can't be denied. It's "popular" by whatever metric you so choose and that's great for the bottom line. It's the Lamborghini for the "trendy kids" and those who want to get noticed for having the "latest and greatest." In the most pejorative sense for 90%, it's the "Poser's Lambo." There are still 10% or less who love the brand, love the car and are excited for a new model. I won't deny that exists or doesn't have a place. That's good there is that genuine support and interest. But with that 90% in mind, I expect a high-rate of turnover with this new model, as something else from some other company inevitably comes out, and all of a sudden a ton of people "need to be in X instead," because it's vogue.

When I first saw the concept sketches and renderings and the strategy behind it, and then the result, I wasn't pleased. And sure driving fast brings a smile to my face, but I can get that same result in a handful of other cars. It's not just about "behind the wheel" for me, but I don't deny that i'm overly picky and particular about what kind of car excites me.

The older I get, the less and less the "new stuff" excite me. It's all just a video game, and that's not really my personal preference on cars. So the more I see it, examine it, evaluate it, the less and less I like it, the less it does for me, and the less I'm interested. And as I've never really cared for the non-V12 Lambo's, aside from the SL's and STS, the car does nothing absolutely nothing for me.

The older I get, the less and less the "new stuff" excite me. It's all just a video game, and that's not really my personal preference on cars. So the more I see it, examine it, evaluate it, the less and less I like it, the less it does for me, and the less I'm interested. And as I've never really cared for the non-V12 Lambo's, aside from the SL's and STS, the car does nothing absolutely nothing for me.

:iamwithstupid: I feel the same..I often wonder if its the cars are getting less exciting or are we just getting old? :eusa_think: :icon_mrgreen:

that said, new stuff does excite me..but they don't look as exciting as i expected them to be.

My high school years were kind of a blur haha but something one of my teachers said to me still sticks with me, after telling her that the subject she was teaching was rubbish and useless (in much nicer words) she said:

"Never say you don't like something you know nothing about and/or you haven't experienced for yourself."

From that day on I was mainly judging things on aesthetics until I got to experience them if I ever had the chance.

How can I share my opinion on something I haven't fully experienced myself? Yes I could listen to rubbish you are spurting and take it as gospel but that's not in the nature of an egotistical asshole LOL

The thing is that none of what you just said matters if you get behind the wheel and enjoy the crap out of it, you might not but you just might, that's the point you are missing, none of your preconceptions or ideas have any value if you deprive yourself of the opportunity of experiencing it for yourself, what if?

I am sure if you will ever have the opportunity to enjoy one for a few days on your favorite roads you will think of what I was telling you,anyway, I've tried, my mission ends here, enjoy LOL

You're first mistake was ever listening to people on the Internet! The second, would be assuming anybody on the Internet actually cared what you thought. :icon_mrgreen:

But like I prefaced it, a "bit" hyperbolic; not completely.

The cars performance and sales figures can't be denied. It's "popular" by whatever metric you so choose and that's great for the bottom line. It's the Lamborghini for the "trendy kids" and those who want to get noticed for having the "latest and greatest." In the most pejorative sense for 90%, it's the "Poser's Lambo." There are still 10% or less who love the brand, love the car and are excited for a new model. I won't deny that exists or doesn't have a place. That's good there is that genuine support and interest. But with that 90% in mind, I expect a high-rate of turnover with this new model, as something else from some other company inevitably comes out, and all of a sudden a ton of people "need to be in X instead," because it's vogue.

When I first saw the concept sketches and renderings and the strategy behind it, and then the result, I wasn't pleased. And sure driving fast brings a smile to my face, but I can get that same result in a handful of other cars. It's not just about "behind the wheel" for me, but I don't deny that i'm overly picky and particular about what kind of car excites me.

exactly

They are not special anymore. They are boring. they have become fashion accessories where they use to be all about passion. As an owner of nearly a decade these new cars simply bore me. All video game and gimics, all computer controlled everything. no driving talent needed, just point and go. :(

If you were teenages now you would love Huracan and it would be the best ever (which it propably logically must be).

But you are fantasizing of the past days of gone because you (and I) are old farts and sentimental. Thankfully not as much as Allan yet, but it will come too later...

If you were teenages now you would love Huracan and it would be the best ever (which it propably logically must be).

But you are fantasizing of the past days of gone because you (and I) are old farts and sentimental. Thankfully not as much as Allan yet, but it will come too later...

that's because teenagers like whatever comes out whether its deserving of praise or not. Its rather easy to claim how great something is when you have no chance in hell of buying it.

When you have to means to buy one and pass, its more than nostalgia.

teenagers today couldn't drive a manual car is their life depended on it, that alone negates any worthless opinion they have.

They can just go play Forza of Gran Turismo and worship the GTR as far as Im concerned.

lets face it, with the current clientele of manufactures like Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc they could take a turd and stick a badge on it and it would sell. These are not cars made for the pure joy of driving, these are cars made to sell like Toyotas.

I doubt it will ever change. On the bright side theres a few smaller boutique manufactures out there to get this joy from.

Care to elaborate a little?

Good to hear for sure!

are you talking about why I like the Huracan over the 650s? Here is post I made awhile back comparing the 2:

I will preface this by stating that I have been a fan of the Mclaren and have owned an mp4 coupe and an mp4 spider. The depreciation is mind numbing, and even though I got big discounts off MSRP on both cars, I got hurt pretty bad when I got out of them.

I drove the 650s and Huracan back to back, and very few people would pick (and open their wallet to buy) the 650s after doing the same.

What makes the Huracan better?

-It's more comfortable, from the seats to the ride

-It has tons more interior space, head room, leg room, shoulder room, shelf in the back etc

-It sounds a million times better stock for stock

-The transmission feels a lot better and is more sorted, shifts feel a lot faster too

-The exterior styling may be subjective, but it is the better looking car

-The interior is nicer, has better styling/looks cooler, and feels more expensive

-It has awd, yet drives and feels like 2wd most of the time. the steering is very light

-The ceramic brakes feel amazing, better than the Aventadors even

-not likely to depreciate nearly as bad

-It is just more exciting and fun to drive

-Has a naturally aspirated v10 with plenty of power for its intended use

-the electronics are light years ahead

-its built by a company/automotive group with better funding and more prestige

What makes the 650s better?

-it's faster

-doors go up

-rear visibility is better

-has 2 cupholders

The bottom line is, McLaren is struggling to compete, The Huracan will annihilate them in sales, and in the real world, a tenth of a second faster here or there doesn't trump what really matters to most real potential buyers.

A HOLE!!

Top Gear is full of shit anyways...I watch every episode because I enjoy their sense of humor...but most of what they say about cars are usually bias or makes no sense.

How can they say the new Lambo is too fast and should be alittle slower?

And if Lambo went out there to make a slower car, trust me they'll say "oh if only they made it faster"..

having driven both lambos and ferraris..i would honestly say i prefer the drive of a Ferrari...they're easy to live with...comfortable..fun and nice...BUT i'll rather have a Lambo parked out my front door for me to look at..i don't enjoy the drive of a lambo more..(except when in tunnels or highways) but somehow I just want Lambo over a Ferrari..

I guess its like dating a hot looking girl who has a crazy attitude that is hard to live with..but you still want her more than a average looking girl who is easy to live with.. :icon_mrgreen:

back on the Huracan topic..I sat in it..its fast! the gearbox is solid! but like with the Gallardos..im always a big bull fan so i'll take an Aventador over a Huracan anyday.

Conflicted a bit?