What color SV would you order?

FEVIPER

Blu Nethus, no question.

Speaking of the SV kind of makes you think though - Aventador production is definitely slowing this year and its likely we'll see a new model fairly soon after the SV, similar to what Lambo did with the Murci. When you look at the Reventon to Aventdor, do you think that means there will be any similarities from the Veneno to the new model? Still a few years out I'm sure but the Aventador looks SO good right now that I feel like Veneno styling is the only way they could continue the evolution of the flagship v12.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blu Nethus, no question.

Speaking of the SV kind of makes you think though - Aventador production is definitely slowing this year and its likely we'll see a new model fairly soon after the SV, similar to what Lambo did with the Murci. When you look at the Reventon to Aventdor, do you think that means there will be any similarities from the Veneno to the new model? Still a few years out I'm sure but the Aventador looks SO good right now that I feel like Veneno styling is the only way they could continue the evolution of the flagship v12.

As I have been told, the SV version is NOT limited, and will be produced along side the 'normal' Aventador, before it eventually gets a facelift. Hopefully they will then make the most extreme Aventador as a send off. Guessing another 5 years before they bring out a new V12 flagship.

Supplying dealer, and tickets to Geneva to see car, don't know if roadster will be shown as well but asked to specify preference so they could decide their allocation for further down the line. As some people only want coupe or only roadster as discussed earlier.

They might just be gauging interest for an sv roadster? It seems odd they would release both coupe and roadster at the same time, but stranger things have happened.

I've heard that the factory won't paint Blue Nethus again

I think you heard wrong :turboalex:

As I have been told, the SV version is NOT limited, and will be produced along side the 'normal' Aventador, before it eventually gets a facelift. Hopefully they will then make the most extreme Aventador as a send off. Guessing another 5 years before they bring out a new V12 flagship.

If this is true I'll be keeping my roadster longer.

Supplying dealer, and tickets to Geneva to see car, don't know if roadster will be shown as well but asked to specify preference so they could decide their allocation for further down the line. As some people only want coupe or only roadster as discussed earlier.

Just wondering because my dealer still has no details.

I've heard that the factory won't paint Blue Nethus again so those who have it are very lucky to have such a stunning and now very rare color.

I think you heard wrong :turboalex:

You've got one on order? I hope I did.

Back in June 2014, the factory had announced that they will discontinue both Blu Nethuns and Rooso Efesto due to the time-consuming 4-coat manufacturing process. Supposedly, they had made the last 3 Blu Nethuns Aventadors (VBUGKING's 50th Roadster being one of them). That said, however, Blu Electra of the Asterion looks awfully similar to Blu Nethuns (but not identical). And, btw, Blu Nethuns and Monterey Blue have very slightly different hue.

Personally, I think a Giallo Midas Aventador SV would be awesome.

Back in June 2014, the factory had announced that they will discontinue both Blu Nethuns and Rooso Efesto due to the time-consuming 4-coat manufacturing process. Supposedly, they had made the last 3 Blu Nethuns Aventadors (VBUGKING's 50th Roadster being one of them). That said, however, Blu Electra of the Asterion looks awfully similar to Blu Nethuns (but not identical). And, btw, Blu Nethuns and Monterey Blue have very slightly different hue.

Personally, I think a Giallo Midas Aventador SV would be awesome.

Rosso Effesto was dropped also? Damn :( what will Assman do now ? :icon_mrgreen:

You've got one on order? I hope I did.

I'm waiting to see it and the pricing first...I typically newer buy brand new but might an exception here. I've been assured that getting Blu Nethuns won't be an issue :icon_thumleft:

And, btw, Blu Nethuns and Monterey Blue have very slightly different hue.

Thank you for confirming this. I was going to start a thread this week to discuss this. Ive always thought that nethuns looked darker then Monterey blue on the murcielago. Happy to know I wasnt going crazy

post-60315-1422350705.jpg

42_p27_l.jpg

I'm waiting to see it and the pricing first...I typically newer buy brand new but might an exception here. I've been assured that getting Blu Nethuns won't be an issue :icon_thumleft:

:icon_super:

Fingers crossed for you!

They might just be gauging interest for an sv roadster? It seems odd they would release both coupe and roadster at the same time, but stranger things have happened.

They might not want to make any surplus of vehicles (no matter how small) to help keep prices high.

Thank you for confirming this. I was going to start a thread this week to discuss this. Ive always thought that nethuns looked darker then Monterey blue on the murcielago. Happy to know I wasnt going crazy

post_6539_1422243784_thumb.jpg

42_p27_l.jpg

I took my car to go look at a BN Aventador roadster at LNB and Sebastian was saying the hue is because the Aventador has more CF underneath. I didn't have them side by side in the light for a direct comparison but the lines of the Aventador show of the color SO well.

A color as intricate as blue nethuns will look different on multiple cars. Even my regular roadster was slightly darker than my 50th. A totally different model would change things even more. The only Monterey blue murci sv and my Blue Nethuns 50th match pretty well. I have had them both together side by side.

A color as intricate as blue nethuns will look different on multiple cars. Even my regular roadster was slightly darker than my 50th. A totally different model would change things even more. The only Monterey blue murci sv and my Blue Nethuns 50th match pretty well. I have had them both together side by side.

The main reason for the different appearance of hues is due to the contrasting shapes and colors. The Murci SV and 50th Anni LP720 will look identical in hue because both cars have a significant amount of black to balance out the blue, vs looking at just the LP720 and a stock LP640, which has much more blue and no contrasting black. Also, factor in the sun fade / orange peel affect of a few years on an LP640 vs the much fresher paint on the LP720.

As you can see in the picture below, both circles are technically the same color, but one appears much brighter due to shading of the area around it.

post-8919-1422383018_thumb.png

while that's all true, and good points to add to mine, my main point is that MB and BN are the same color, and not two different colors.

I agree. Only difference is the names. A brief history of Monterey Blue / Blu Nethuns:

post-8919-1422389832_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1422389841_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1422389854_thumb.jpg

Since I am in no position to own one this will be a bit of a fantasy choice for me. Discounting colours I already own, Balloon and Orion, I would go for the red on the Aventador in post 14. Not sure what it's called but looks a lot like Vic. My standby choice would be Blu Nethuns.

However I have a hunch that Lamborghini will bring out some new and exclusive colours for the SV.

FWIW, Lamborghini SpA confirmed that Nethuns and Monterey share the same paint code; but they also conceded that the blend is slightly different on the Aventador so they are basically the same colour but with a slight hue variance.

Yes, Rosso Effesto was also dropped along with Blu Nethuns. Not sure if Ad Personam would keep these as special order colours but as of 2nd quarter in 2014, prices for RE & BN were around $15k.

What about some kind of one off color? If I could come up with a custom color I would go that route. Just don't know what it would be or if I would have the balls to follow through with it :)

Well Giallo Orion would be a good choice because SVs look best in Yellow. I would probably choose Blu Cepheus though. That color doesn't get enough love.