Ferrari 488 GTB

Davvemannen

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I love it! my only issue is the name... Makes no sence. 488 seems like a random number (458 = 4.5L 8cyl, 599 GTB = 5999cc, FF = four people, 4wd) and GTB stands for "Gran Turismo Berlinetta" wich pretty much means front engine grand tourer, wich this obviously isn't in the traditional sence.

Oh well

Personally I love it! my only issue is the name... Makes no sence. 488 seems like a random number (458 = 4.5L 8cyl, 599 GTB = 5999cc, FF = four people, 4wd) and GTB stands for "Gran Turismo Berlinetta" wich pretty much means front engine grand tourer, wich this obviously isn't in the traditional sence.

Oh well

The new vogue is for manufacturers to write what the "NA" displacement is/would be. This is equivalent to a 4.8L NA VA for Ferrari.

The new vogue is for manufacturers to write what the "NA" displacement is/would be. This is equivalent to a 4.8L NA VA for Ferrari.

That makes little to no sense. Do you have another example of where a car manufacturer used that methodology to determine a vehicle's nomenclature? I think they should have kept the 458 since it is familiar as a 458 replacement, and should have put a "T" designation on the end of it.

At any rate, I think the car looks great, will have a lot of power, and I am curious to see how Ferrari handles the sound and the power delivery. I most likely will be getting one of these.

I guess the name is 3902cc / 8 Cylinders = 487.75 and round up to 488

I think Ferrari used to do the same kind of thing with some of the early cars?

They've done that with race cars in the past. Tipo 125 had a 1.5 liter V12 with 125cc cylinders. The 333 SP had 333cc cylinders as well.

Makes sence :icon_thumleft:

GTB (Gran Turismo Berlinetta) doesn't at all though.. It's like calling the F12 mid engine

That makes little to no sense. Do you have another example of where a car manufacturer used that methodology to determine a vehicle's nomenclature? I think they should have kept the 458 since it is familiar as a 458 replacement, and should have put a "T" designation on the end of it.

At any rate, I think the car looks great, will have a lot of power, and I am curious to see how Ferrari handles the sound and the power delivery. I most likely will be getting one of these.

I'm with you, I think it's moronic...but...

Mercedes-Benz S550....4.7L Biturbo V8 with 449 HP

Mercedes Benz: C450: 3.0L V-6 producing 362HP

BMW 335i: 3.0L I6...

BMW 328i: 2.0L I4...

I'm with you, I think it's moronic...but...

Mercedes-Benz S550....4.7L Biturbo V8 with 449 HP

Mercedes Benz: C450: 3.0L V-6 producing 362HP

BMW 335i: 3.0L I6...

BMW 328i: 2.0L I4...

Ah, ok, I see what you are saying now. :icon_thumleft:

I think it looks fantastic, and the numbers are impressive as well.

"Ferrari has, naturally, thrown its whole range of electronic controls at the 488, including a more advanced Side Slip Angle Control system (SSC2), which helps you drift. This set-up will also work with the car’s F1-Trac stability control and E-Diff electronic differential for flatter and more stable high-speed driving. Engineers are said to have dedicated great attention to the 488 GTB’s exhaust note, too, creating a “new soundtrack that is full, clear and totally distinctive”.

Oh well

It may be a throwback to the old turbo 308 GTB from the early 80s.

Wonder what this will do to the value of the speciale......??

I wonder more what it will do to the Huracan?

I actually "might" want a Ferrari,

But front bumper looks weirdly high and not that pretty, could be a bad angle pic - like Huayra until they added the bottom lip to make it more aggressive. Rest of it looks nice

Looks like a face lifted Speciale though!

Much better than the 458, I like the interior, the rear quarters I just feel like they are trying too hard, overall I like it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg