Liberty Walk Huracan

Destructo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't look good. And once Lambo releases their million iterations including OEM SL version, much like all the goofy add-on kits that originally came out when the Gallardo was first released, this kit will not date well.

Wow. That is not flattering at all.

To me, the 488 already looks dated without even seeing it in person. Sad but hope I'm wrong.

To me, the 488 already looks dated without even seeing it in person. Sad but hope I'm wrong.

Looked a lot better in the renders, real life shots not so much, maybe in real life it will look good.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hmm :eusa_think:

BTW I've pinched the photos from our member Scud :icon_mrgreen:

Destructo - I think most of us were hoping the Huracan was going to have a few more sharp lines after being teased by the Sesto Elemento.

The Liberty Walks stuff is an abomination. I love their passion for the brand, but it looks unfinished (which seems to be the point of their design)

Lots of design influence in the Huracan from the Sesto - hopefully the future iterations will have the sharper/more aggressive styling I think some of us are craving.

The current Huracan does look very classy.

2011_lamborghini_sesto_elemento_by_melkorius-d65o7eq.jpg

2015-Lamborghini-Huracan-Review.jpg

lamborghini-sesto-elemento-super-sport-in-HD.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-press-shot-rear-silver-1024x672.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan.jpg

2015-lamborghini-huracan-white-side.jpg

post-7524-1424346346.jpg

I think Lambo is safe :lol2:

from Renders it looked MUCH better

looks so ugly in this pic ! :gay: i have to say it must be Veyron fast to be a problem for the huracan if looks so bad in real life

image.jpg

I think Lambo is safe :lol2:

Wow! What just happened. Is this for real? Because if it is ... it's uglier than 458. Actually comparing to this, 458 is a good looking car, lol.

(maybe the camera is broken? :jackoff: )

Don't worry about if people disagree with your opinion. It's just as important as anyone's, so own it. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks man! I was just worried someone would say I was stupid or foolish, haha.

Destructo - I think most of us were hoping the Huracan was going to have a few more sharp lines after being teased by the Sesto Elemento.

The Liberty Walks stuff is an abomination. I love their passion for the brand, but it looks unfinished (which seems to be the point of their design)

Lots of design influence in the Huracan from the Sesto - hopefully the future iterations will have the sharper/more aggressive styling I think some of us are craving.

The current Huracan does look very classy.

2011_lamborghini_sesto_elemento_by_melko

lamborghini-sesto-elemento-super-sport-i

The best looking photos in that post! :lol2:

Thanks man! I was just worried someone would say I was stupid or foolish, haha.

There are plenty of assholes around here that will, just don't let it get to you. If i spent any amount of time worrying about what some people here thought, I'd get nothing done! :lol2:

I personally think it comes down to the age group you belong to (not meaning to imply anything smile.gif), what you grew up with, with few exceptions obviously, I think certain Murci and Gallardo models are a timeless design, I think the Aventador in particular the 50th Anny is possibly if not the best one of the best looking designs Lambo ever produced, my opinion only.

The Lambo which ignited my passion for the brand was the Diablo, Diablo SV to be more precise and it progressed from there.

I knew very little about the early Lambos until I started frequenting LP, Countach for me is a great car to look at simply mental, would I ever buy one? never had the desire, a Diablo SV that's another story but last time I drove one I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoy the smaller V10, this doesn't make the V12 worse, it's only a matter of preference.

You might think the Gallardo isn't a timeless design, mainly because you aren't passionate about it or maybe you had no interest in the car, for me it's on par with the Diablo, I love the car, I think the design lines are still very fresh, that's the reason I like the Huracan, I see it as an evolution a more refined Gallardo.

I am guessing the youth of today will grow to love their contemporary models just as much as we love ours.

As for current Lamborghini, it's subjected to a multitude of factors which weren't at play when they first started building cars, I would like to see them build raw hardcore sports cars as Pagani and other boutique manufacturers do but that's not possible they have a business to run and Gods above.

I realize I sound like it's my own opinion on the timelessness of Lambo designs, but I try to take my love of the car out of it and base that judgement on what I see from others, and most of it on how children of various ages react (I realize my posts in general beat that drum to death too). I'm not bagging on the Gallardo by any means or trying to reflect a lack of passion for it. If the G and M were the only two Lambos in existence that I had to choose from, I might be hard pressed to choose based on the pros of each. I just know that kids (who are blank slates that don't know any better) react far more extremely to the Diablo than they do to the Gallardo. A Gallardo in traffic gets the kids' attention because it's rare, expensive, and fast with a certain amount of social status attached to it. The Diablo garners attention because it's more of a spaceship that pulls on people's imagination more than their more practical preferences. The Gallardo might not be stealthy in traffic, but the Diablo is even less stealthy than that. I'm just theorizing that some designs will look more dated than others in the distant future based on how I've seen these tendencies progress in the past.

I realize I sound like it's my own opinion on the timelessness of Lambo designs, but I try to take my love of the car out of it and base that judgement on what I see from others, and most of it on how children of various ages react (I realize my posts in general beat that drum to death too). I'm not bagging on the Gallardo by any means or trying to reflect a lack of passion for it. If the G and M were the only two Lambos in existence that I had to choose from, I might be hard pressed to choose based on the pros of each. I just know that kids (who are blank slates that don't know any better) react far more extremely to the Diablo than they do to the Gallardo. A Gallardo in traffic gets the kids' attention because it's rare, expensive, and fast with a certain amount of social status attached to it. The Diablo garners attention because it's more of a spaceship that pulls on people's imagination more than their more practical preferences. The Gallardo might not be stealthy in traffic, but the Diablo is even less stealthy than that. I'm just theorizing that some designs will look more dated than others in the distant future based on how I've seen these tendencies progress in the past.

:iamwithstupid:

Bingo. The timeless designs will command a higher price and more admiration down the road then compared to the "mass produced" more available vehicles. That isn't just in reference to the Gallardo.

A Diablo can still excite, while a Gallardo, and I suspect once the newness has worn off, the Huracan, will be more inline with Porsche, an evolved design that doesn't invoke the reactions from owners - or pedestrians like the iconic cars.

What I mean to say is this. I know that it's obvious, but I'm just making it conscious. That with every car design, there is an average standard of extremism that most buyers are willing to accept. With some, the design is standardized well below what people expect of the car; i.e. the base model leaves a lot of room for improvement and can attract the most unlikely of low-end buyers. This is the base Mustang that your grandmother bought to feel sporty, despite how most buyers view its skinny tires, basic wheels, vanilla graphics, or minimalist features as cheap and insufficient. Lamborghinis, as with all exotics, are designed to already exist well above this line from the outset. The moment the car is introduced it is supposed to be amazing and destined only for the few people committed enough to buy a car at that level of enthusiasm. What the Gallardo did was get as close to the baseline as possible without going below it so that more people would step up and get on-board. They can still have their long-term improvement strategy, but just at a lower starting point. The same goal applies to the Huracan, albeit with a bit of cushion since the G already attracted all those buyers into the market and bolstered the segment.

Here is what I mean with a Mustang. The lines and points are purely arbitrary. Whether we're talking MY or version, the design is bottomed out pretty low providing lots of room for more extremism in the form of engines, vents, scoops, paint colors, tires, wheels, suspension, aftermarket entrants, etc., etc. The Mustang straddles the line.

Graphic___Mustang.jpg

The Countach, being the apex exotic of its day, started out well above what average people would pay for and incrementally evolved with the times to remain relevant.

Graphic___Countach.jpg

The Gallardo, started out closer to the line and worked its way through several layers of improvement with transmissions, wings, weight, paint, headlights, etc. etc. The point is that the Gallardo was giving up ground at the outset in order to attract more buyers and intentionally left a lot of room for improvement similar to more common cars. The Countach by comparison was not willing to compromise on anything, improved modestly over time, and if left unattended would drive the company to bankruptcy. If the Gallardo and its segment were ever left unattended, it would drive the company out of its traditional market entirely, eventually stepping down a rung to the commonality of Porsche and Audi. There doesn't seem to be a way to stretch a single car from the baseline all the way to the most extreme levels of enthusiast appreciation. Obviously, the big flagship car balances the company by doing what the smaller car can't do and keeps the company from de-evolving. The smaller car makes life possible for the larger car by keeping the company alive.

Graphic___Gallardo.jpg

The base Huracan is by no means as basic or below-baseline as a Mustang, but it just makes me anxious because we only have one "smaller" car under Lambo's belt so far that flew low enough to attract buyers, yet remain successful above the baseline (the Gallardo). Once we can live through the successful lifespan of the Huracan, I'll feel more comfortable with the company stretching across the range because at least two data points constitute a trend. I think we will, but flirting with that line is dicey and we saw how sales of Jalpa's tanked in the '80s, so we know it's possible to have a smaller car not hold up its end of the deal with the big car. It will be interesting to see how Pagani and Koenigsegg fair over the next 20 years, to see if the world's economy has honestly changed the industry, or if the lessons of the first boutique auto marques will hold constant. I'm hoping for the former. For Lamborghini, I'm just hoping that to be profitable, they don't need to keep dipping closer to the baseline. Maybe they can't jump as far as a Sesto for the average buyer, but I'm not asking for much. I'm hoping they can remain confident in pressing some extreme ideas and force the average customer to step up little by little rather than sink closer to their level.