Aventador SV Debuts in USA

a007apl

Is it just me or are the cars beginning to look like Winklemann?

It's funny because he is so different from the typical Lambo owner yet he probably single handedly saved the company from extinction (other than the Empire's $). Just about everything the diehards hate about him and his decisions are what makes the company successful. As hilarious as all the special editions are to those that pay close attention, I think he does a good job balancing the Lambo spirit with profitability.

Is it just me or are the cars beginning to look like Winklemann?

I was thinking the same! This car especially.

lamborghini_estoque_2008_4.jpg

He likes to wear suits with skinny lines and sharp edges, and what not, which is exactly what I thought when I looked at this car. I really wish Lamborghini would have made a V10 sedan that would compete with the M5. Maybe one day.

I hate that I'm starting love the wing more. Why doesn't the SV have giant "SV" decals?

The 670SV wing is the greatest of all time. This does need the giant SV decals though!

Was there for the unveiling at Amelia! Will post more thoughts and pics soon but for now here is my favorite I took! (A little pixelated on here unfortunately)

I know it's subjective, but which do you think is the better looking colour: The new red or Rosso Effesto?

I know it's subjective, but which do you think is the better looking colour: The new red or Rosso Effesto?

When I first saw photos of the car in this color I did not care for it, I even was talking to my friend before the unveiling saying how much I hoped they had not brought the red one and were going to show the yellow or a different color. WOW was I wrong. I think this color is better than Rosso Effesto but not by much, it is a bit lighter and definitely has more metallic flake in the paint. Even in my photos it does not do it justice though so everyone should see it in person before making up their mind.

When I first saw photos of the car in this color I did not care for it, I even was talking to my friend before the unveiling saying how much I hoped they had not brought the red one and were going to show the yellow or a different color. WOW was I wrong. I think this color is better than Rosso Effesto but not by much, it is a bit lighter and definitely has more metallic flake in the paint. Even in my photos it does not do it justice though so everyone should see it in person before making up their mind.

Thanks for your reply :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...
The wing should have attached from the rear like the 670. Missed an obvious opportunity their to turn it up a notch.

They chose it for a reason- the way that the wing is designed, it can be adjusted by 15 degrees for low drag, medium drag, and high drag

The wing should have attached from the rear like the 670. Missed an obvious opportunity their to turn it up a notch.

Forgot to mention.. that's how they get the increased 170% downforce :)

This car may be the biggest fraud Lamborghini has put on us. Car has a paltry 50 Hp more which you will never feel and the engine torque is is exactly the same as the coupe. Yes it will weigh about 110 lbs lighter than the coupe but that's it. Car looks like it had a kit put on the back and front and a big SV decal. Yes I know the suspension has been improved but if that is all the SV has to offer why the hell buy it? If this were a real SV they would have lost a lot more weight and increased the Hp and Torque to where you could really see a meaningful difference. In the end they just did a ecu tune and added a kit! Hang on to your Roadster if you have one because that is still the best of the Aventadors yet to be produced and I would have 0 interest in the Roadster SV version if and when it comes out.