Texas invitational Thread (April 10th-12th) 2015

avengerr

I've drive my TTG in the rain on r888s--twice last week and plenty before that. Just stay out of boost and it's fine. Avoid standing water though.

yeah but yours, like mine are wimpy stage 3's so that does not count :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think UGR needs to switch to drag radials

Here in Australia at street sprint competitions, street tyres are only permitted in the competition.

Drag radials can be run, but only in the demonstration class.- see extract attached.

R888's are street tyres here in Australia and are DOT legal.

I have driven twice across Australia (6000 miles) on R888's on my TT lambo, wet and dry with no dramas as well as daily driven around Perth. Of course it is a very wimpy Bolt on:(

Of course, if you are foolish enough to hammer your TT or any serious high powered car on any tyre in the wet, then you can obviously expect dramas.

Been there , done that, bought the t-shirt and paid dearly for it:)

At the weekly street car drags I have been challenged by cars with drag radials -M/T's and the like, but I don't accept their challenge to race.

I politely ask them to come back with street tyres -R888 and equivalent, if they like, so we can have a fair race, even if I know I can beat them on their MT's.

I know the notion of 'fairness' is a quaint notions these days:)

So although, I admire and respect the engineering of the AM.S GTR and its performance, the race against the UGR car on R888's was not 'fair' in my humble opinion as the GTR ran drag radials.

Now the AM.S GTR running R888's against its competitors, now that would be a 'fair' race.

My son-in-law runs a high power GTR and we have lots of fun racing each other at sprint competitions.

Before we start off, he always quips "tell me if my brake lights are working" lol.

The boy is obviously not worried about the inheritance:)

just my two cents worth and great respect for everyone who entered and raced their car in TI, regardless of their result.

And of course all TI competitors knew that you could run drag radials, but UGR wanted to run R888's to show what their cars can do running on street legal tyres.

cheers,

john

post-130322-1434300232.jpg

Sam im sorry but youre the real loser here. One Gtr owner that bought the wrong car to the event? That wrong car hit 202 mph. Did you even see how Gidi got eliminated?

Sam im sorry but youre the real loser here. One Gtr owner that bought the wrong car to the event? That wrong car hit 202 mph. Did you even see how Gidi got eliminated?

Don't get your panies in bunch. It was a joke. I know Gidi's A20 wont beat his X.

Omegaa is on another level vs A20.

people need to stop using tires as excuse. everyone can put on DR's. A RWD viper with drag radials was almost the king.

The GTR in the video vs the Hurucan came around the lambo and beat it traveling well over 150mph which puts the Lambo ALL IN on boost.

Just give the proper respect to the A'M" S they are champions !

I never complained about street tires or anything. In fact i lauded ASS for coming around the Huracan and beating it. But you need to get ASS's balls out of your eye sockets :).

I never complained about street tires or anything. In fact i lauded ASS for coming around the Huracan and beating it. But you need to get ASS's balls out of your eye sockets :).

Says the man who posts every few days ONLY in UG topics for the last 2 years.. come man. you are the biggest UG fan there is and i respect that. Eric and the crew are very good friends of mine and you can bet your sweet ass ill be smiling and jumping when they Win.

A'M'S FTMFW

Even the viper was ahead of the Gtr at the start.. But thr Gtr caught up and beat it.

I hear Andy lost a turbo, but those things happen.

I hear Andy lost a turbo, but those things happen.

I don't know who this Andy guy is , but he is one bad mofo! his Viper is stunning and true contender !!

I know mullet, Peter and a few other have used drag radials on the TTG and they were damn near deadly. The r888 is not a street tire anyways. Try driving them in the rain on the highway ;)

I have R888 on my LP560 and I never had a problem driving in the rain on the highway..

Don't get your panies in bunch. It was a joke. I know Gidi's A20 wont beat his X.

people need to stop using tires as excuse. everyone can put on DR's. A RWD viper with drag radials was almost the king.

The GTR in the video vs the Hurucan came around the lambo and beat it traveling well over 150mph which puts the Lambo ALL IN on boost.

There are not excuses... You guys won! Congratulations.

I'm sure you understand this is a Lamborghini Forum and it's expected for us to talk about our weak points...

By the way AM"S won 2 races in the last 4 years, how many times UGR won in the last 4 years? Lol

AM" 2-UGR 5000 (that's why I understand why you are so excited)

Hmmmm I don't think we are comparing apples to apples....

Maybe AM"S should run Toyo R888s for the next TI and see if they can beat UGR.... ;-)

post-186226-1434306910.jpg

post-186226-1434306913.jpg

post-186226-1434306924.jpg

Hmmmm I don't think we are comparing apples to apples....

Maybe AM"S should run Toyo R888s for the next TI and see if they can beat UGR.... ;-)

You know what Slicks are?

Omegah was attached with Street Radials.

You know what Slicks are?

Omegah was attached with Street Radials.

Who is talking about slicks? .... I'm comparing the "street radials" (Hoosier Radials) with almost OEM stock size Toyo R888's.... If you think they are the same than you have a problem...

Congrats to A-MS, arguing over tires is stupid and seems petty. The winner is the winner as long as they are within the rules of the competition.

Congrats to A-MS, arguing over tires is stupid and seems petty. The winner is the winner as long as they are within the rules of the competition.

+1000

Here in Australia at street sprint competitions, street tyres are only.

I admire and respect the engineering of the AM.S GTR and its performance, the race against the UGR car on R888's was not 'fair' in my humble opinion as the GTR ran drag radials.

Now the AM.S GTR running R888's against its competitors, now that would be a 'fair' race.

cheers,

john

^^^ +1

Who is talking about slicks? .... I'm comparing the "street radials" (Hoosier Radials) with almost OEM stock size Toyo R888's.... If you think they are the same than you have a problem...

this topic has been beaten to death for 4 years R888 vs DR. No one is stopping UG from running DR.

I DR on DR's for 10 years on the street Just fine. 15,000 miles on my GTR , 40,000 miles on my 02 veette, N20 TA, 06Z etc. DR are made for the street. That is why i can buy them and drive on them.

real street racers to pull up on OEM tires and just race. They buy DR's . r888 , 555R , MT , M&H .. who cares they all work.

no one complained when UG was waxing all the supras , vipers , GTRs 3-5 years ago. Now they lose you come up with this nonsense.

take the loss like a champ and move on.

IMO - these events are sooooooo close now that honestly the VIPER , UG , DL , T1 could win the event. really everything has to falling to place.

UG could win the next 5 years in row , who knows. we are talking about 1/10 of second difference from them winning last year and this year.

Only chance the GTR have of repeating is if other GTR shops ( viper also) bring more cars to compete with UG's arsenal.

Still respect the hell of UG and what Kevin is doing over there. Not kissing ass , but he puts out incredible cars and without him A'M"S , Viper it would be a very boring event. you would have 1450whp Lambos running around like it was 5 years ago.

this topic has been beaten to death for 4 years R888 vs DR. No one is stopping UG from running DR.

I DR on DR's for 10 years on the street Just fine. 15,000 miles on my GTR , 40,000 miles on my 02 veette, N20 TA, 06Z etc. DR are made for the street. That is why i can buy them and drive on them.

real street racers to pull up on OEM tires and just race. They buy DR's . r888 , 555R , MT , M&H .. who cares they all work.

no one complained when UG was waxing all the supras , vipers , GTRs 3-5 years ago. Now they lose you come up with this nonsense.

take the loss like a champ and move on.

IMO - these events are sooooooo close now that honestly the VIPER , UG , DL , T1 could win the event. really everything has to falling to place.

UG could win the next 5 years in row , who knows. we are talking about 1/10 of second difference from them winning last year and this year.

Only chance the GTR have of repeating is if other GTR shops ( viper also) bring more cars to compete with UG's arsenal.

Still respect the hell of UG and what Kevin is doing over there. Not kissing ass , but he puts out incredible cars and without him A'M"S , Viper it would be a very boring event. you would have 1450whp Lambos running around like it was 5 years ago.

Again not excuses wining is wining and just like you said nobody is making UGR race with R888....

We are just talking about the weak points for our cars... I wish we could fit bigger tires without having to modify the body of the car.

Sam,

I see you're still in the middle of taking that victory lap ...

No problem ....

Take as much time as you need ...

We all know how good it feels to win ...

Once again ... Congrats to TEAM AM.S ... They earned the title ...

I thought you were refering to the pictures of Omegah you posted. Because these are slicks...

You sure are an arrogant little cuss for someone who displays a list of sub-par builds that more than likely have you in a mountain of debt. You have no dog in this fight. You sit home behind the comforts of your keyboard slamming Lambo's and bragging about things you aren't even privy too. You brag on other peoples accomplishments and exploit the downfalls of others as well all to place yourself on a self-made pedestal in which you cast stones at those you envy.

I can say this, you're arrogance is not the norm and you do nothing but make a fool of yourself here, despite your 2k+ posts of garbage which provide nothing of substance to discussions.

I went to my fist event this weekend as a spectator to see what it's all about. It's a good thing there aren't any of the likes of you running around because if there were, the event may as well be held in a Jr. High School yard full of sticks and stones. These guys are serious about what they do and I assure you they all respect one another. Sure, it gets heated at times while on the track but that's a spirit of competition. However they leave it at the track when it's all said and done, shaking hands, congratulating along the way. You sit behind your keyboard thinking you have all the answers when in fact you don’t know poo poo. Tires this, boost that and whatever. Every car is different and has its own personality. Hours upon hours of testing and fine tuning are performed and that even occurs during competition. It’s always a learning game, regardless of what you may think.

Don’t trash the Lambo’s. Having two in the final four is an accomplishment. I believe they even had 4 of the final eight. GTR’s were plentiful during the weekend as well so don’t come across as there was only one in the whole competition because there wasn’t. While there are many Lambo’s who could win the event, many mind you, there is only one GTR that can compete with those Lambo’s and beat them. I can assure you the Huracan gave the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu mu a run for his money and I can assure you there is utmost respect between those builders as well as the owners of the cars.

Last night at the hotel the bar there was a mixture of many who were competing on the track for the previous two days. Regardless of what you may think, they’re all family, they know one another. They eat, they drink, they socialize and not once did I hear anything about who is better than whom. I drank with the A.MS guys, joked around till almost three in the morning and heck, even arm wrestled one of them and yeah, this 51 year old guy won, though barely.

Just stop the instigating. Until you decided to spend the money to build a car and compete with these guys, you’re in no position to celebrate their victories or ridicule their defeats. Respect the fact that they are doing what they love to do despite whether they win or lose.

+1000. Congrats to A+MS. The tire argument is getting old and pointless at this stage in the game. I am sure UR will come back with its full arsenal next event. Once again congrats to all.