Latest Hagarty evaluations..

Allan-Herbie

So there are people out there who like the big bumpers then? interesting.

Not me myself but you never know.

Plus the bumpers do not stand out as much on a black Countach.

Point being why toss an additional $20-$25K onto the price when the seller can do this if they wish.

It is not likely to be a deal breaker, if a prospect wants the work done I am sure Roy would say I can handle the conversion for you for the added costs.

Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point being why toss an additional $20-$25K onto the price when the seller can do this if they wish.

It is not likely to be a deal breaker, if a prospect wants the work done I am sure Roy would say I can handle the conversion for you for the added costs.

Just my 2 cents.

I see, good valid point!

I don't think this example is so much a matter of like or not, more a matter of do you leave a "untouched all original" car with such low miles and all the documentation alone as it left the factory?? Or do you change it to what you like??

I am getting mine back this week with the whole Euro look modification, if that is Ok, I will post some pictures, I would like to get some feedback if this job was done right, thank you in advance!

Doc I'll think of you when I try to pass the torch, :)

If you could share with us, who you had do it and price...was it front and rear or just front or just rear??

Thanks Roy

Just my 2 cents.

All 100% correct...

Id leave it 100% original. Most people buying these are collectors and they value original. Id like the fact its original, even though Id change the bumpers. Like it better if I'm the one doing the change VS a dealer.

Going back to current market values and insurance coverage.

What would happen if you suffered a catastrophic loss due to fire and the car is a total loss?

You had owned it for a dozen years and you kept increasing the coverage as the cars value continued to rise.

For all intent purposes the car was insured for $400,000.00 however your total costs of ownership only add up to $100,000.

If you purchased another similar car with the funds you receive from a settlement it is straight forward.

However I would imagine if you decided to take the check one would be subject to capital gains correct?

You'd owe $45,000-$84,000 in cap gains taxes depending on your rate (although, thats a pretty low cost basis- Every penny spent on the car reduces cost basis- maintenance, restoration, storage, detailing, etc.) unless you did a 1031 exchange which could be done if both automobiles were solely an investment (Have to jump through all the 1031 loopholes in purchase. Equal or greater value, 45/180 day purchase, escrow, etc...)

If you could share with us, who you had do it and price...was it front and rear or just front or just rear??

Thanks Roy

Ok I'll gather the details! :) I still have to bring some parts to the shop

Ok I'll gather the details! :) I still have to bring some parts to the shop

And it was done front and rear, as I had those rear holes from the bumper, the rear looks really neat, I think,

Actually yes.

Since I would be a potential buyer of this car if I didn’t already have one, I would offer the car as is at a price that includes the cost of conversion, with a stated deduction IF the buyer chooses not to covert. Some may say the car is less desirable w/o the conversion, however for me I wouldn’t want a FULL conversion. The first CT I saw in person had the US rear bumper and I’d want it to stay (minus the toasters). I specifically looked and found an unconverted car (a minority I know), passing on a few that were.

From what I heard form someone at the business that auctioned the Anni' recently, was that it had EXTREMELY low miles. Probably went to a collector. I can't stand Anni's! I wonder what Pagani was thinking!

Actually yes.

Since I would be a potential buyer of this car if I didn’t already have one, I would offer the car as is at a price that includes the cost of conversion, with a stated deduction IF the buyer chooses not to covert. Some may say the car is less desirable w/o the conversion, however for me I wouldn’t want a FULL conversion. The first CT I saw in person had the US rear bumper and I’d want it to stay (minus the toasters). I specifically looked and found an unconverted car (a minority I know), passing on a few that were.

:iamwithstupid: Mine has the cover but not the toasters... I like it much better than the reflectors...

Drivers Source has had an 85 for awhile now, http://www.driversource.com/inventory, my bet is the $465k ask is too high.

I dont think so, unless the car has issues. Does look to be missing some items, such as spare, tool kit, owners manual , non original cam cover color. looks like fuse panel hanging in an interior shot as well.

From what Ive seen, I think people will pay a premium for a Countach in its Euro form, without the ugly bumpers. I certainly would.

Did notice the cam covers, that doesn't bother me much. Easy fix. Didn't notice the fuse box till now. Car must have some issues besides price.

You'd owe $45,000-$84,000 in cap gains taxes depending on your rate (although, thats a pretty low cost basis- Every penny spent on the car reduces cost basis- maintenance, restoration, storage, detailing, etc.) unless you did a 1031 exchange which could be done if both automobiles were solely an investment (Have to jump through all the 1031 loopholes in purchase. Equal or greater value, 45/180 day purchase, escrow, etc...)

Yup. You can only 1031 for another car, not a beach house. 15-20% federal + 3.8% Obamacare + state tax.

anniversary is worth a lot more than stated

and LP400S is worth also some more

The anni is worth a little more, but I also think they average down the numbers a bit to be safe. With the bigger asking prices on the anni, its brought out a lot for sale. Should be a buyers market on them under $400k.

Its interesting the several anni's on EBay, all but two have dropped their price below $400k. All the higher asking prices did was bring more on the market.

When going over the values at Hagerty I noticed something strange : the 1974 and 1975 Countach LP400 are valued at $1,214,250 while the 1976 Countach LP400 is valued at only $465,225 ... any idea why that is?

QV has a difference too, 1985 gets $524,915 while the later 1988 is at $456,625 ... is that because of the 881/2 side sills?

When going over the values at Hagerty I noticed something strange : the 1974 and 1975 Countach LP400 are valued at $1,214,250 while the 1976 Countach LP400 is valued at only $465,225 ... any idea why that is?

QV has a difference too, 1985 gets $524,915 while the later 1988 is at $456,625 ... is that because of the 881/2 side sills?

Based simply off sales prices. And the sills started coming in late 87. My car is an 87 and has them.

Based simply off sales prices. And the sills started coming in late 87. My car is an 87 and has them.

Ok, makes sense if they base their valuation on actual sales prices. Too bad Hagerty doesn't list more recent models too, would be nice as the Nadaguides don't give a good price indication if you ask me ... most of their Lamborghini prices are very, very low.

I thought I read somewhere that the first skirts appearing on '87 cars were outsourced and then the factory took over later. Is that what happened? And then there was the matter of the skirts with a just few strakes vs. the skirts with several strakes like yours (that I never followed up on to run the story to ground).

From what Ive seen, I think people will pay a premium for a Countach in its Euro form, without the ugly bumpers. I certainly would.

:iamwithstupid: