R8 more power than Huracan?

When you are selling 5,500 lb. sedans that are as fast as the RS6, RS7, S8 it makes sense.

As far as halo goes, the Aventador and Bugatti have that taken care of.

As far as halo goes, the Aventador and Bugatti have that taken care of.

I meant brand, not model. The Huracan is far from a Halo car.

Bugatti might be that, but Lamborghini was supposed to be "The Tip of The Spear" If you will. And it's almost laughable to write it, but a Lamborghini is more realistic for many than compared to a Bugatti.

So I take it you didn't click the link? :lol2:

I checked out the link....it is just a spreadsheet at this point. The article associated with it at the bottom mentioned they talked with engineers and the V10 Plus will have 610hp. I'd still like to actually see that in real life in an Audi sales brochure. That being said I don't think we can get out panties in a bunch over the hottest of the hot Audi R8 having a more powerful engine then the base Lambo.

I checked out the link....it is just a spreadsheet at this point. The article associated with it at the bottom mentioned they talked with engineers and the V10 Plus will have 610hp. I'd still like to actually see that in real life in an Audi sales brochure. That being said I don't think we can get out panties in a bunch over the hottest of the hot Audi R8 having a more powerful engine then the base Lambo.

I'm just busting your chops. I figured you clicked the link ;)

No, you are right. It's not worth getting worked up over. No one is buying the Huracan to have the most powerful car in the spec market.

the best sounding car i heard in a VERY long time was on Sunset about a year ago. I heard it coming up from behind I knew it wasnt a Enzo(wrong sound) or a lambo. It was a R8 with Nevada plates. I have no idea what exhaust it was but man it sounded great, i've seen a few since in LA trhat sound good but nothing like that one.

I cant fade the price for a R8, i dont care abut HP, numbers etc. Its just to generic looking for the price. Same as the Bug, to me they are old cars that somehow got popular in the past few years. When the Bug first came out it was 1M Euro which was $950,000 USD, I didn't buy one then, wouldn't buy one now. Just not worth the $. then when the Euro got stronger the Bug's got stupid expensive.

if the R8 had more attitude or testosterone i'd buy one. they sure do sound good. Huracan is a better car IMO.

More power, maybe, but the new R8 still weighs more though Huracan I thought...

Going off of memory....3550 vs 3500.

Are those the old weights?? I thought the new 2016 R8 V10 plus was under 3400 lbs. and the Huracan was under 3200 lbs.

Follow the link Destructo posted at the begining of the thread.

the best sounding car i heard in a VERY long time was on Sunset about a year ago. I heard it coming up from behind I knew it wasnt a Enzo(wrong sound) or a lambo. It was a R8 with Nevada plates. I have no idea what exhaust it was but man it sounded great, i've seen a few since in LA trhat sound good but nothing like that one.

I cant fade the price for a R8, i dont care abut HP, numbers etc. Its just to generic looking for the price. Same as the Bug, to me they are old cars that somehow got popular in the past few years. When the Bug first came out it was 1M Euro which was $950,000 USD, I didn't buy one then, wouldn't buy one now. Just not worth the $. then when the Euro got stronger the Bug's got stupid expensive.

if the R8 had more attitude or testosterone i'd buy one. they sure do sound good. Huracan is a better car IMO.

After watching the Bugatti Veyron being built start to finish on Ultimate Factories, I cannot agree with the above. That car is special, every piece of it is , and although my money isn't that long if it was it'd be the first thing I would buy.

After watching the Bugatti Veyron being built start to finish on Ultimate Factories, I cannot agree with the above. That car is special, every piece of it is , and although my money isn't that long if it was it'd be the first thing I would buy.

not to derail this thread, there is no doubt about what your saying. the issue is when you do have that much disposable money, there are better choices. I feel the same way about R8-i cant spend what they want for that car.

When your window shopping(most of my life) its easy to say what you would and wouldn't do. When you have the dough to make a move and buy this or that, you fine tune your decisions. You might still buy the Bug, I just couldnt fire in $950,000 for that car. At $600,000 I would have pre-ordered one on the spot.

i've never drove the R8, i'm not sure if I sat in one, maybe i did-who knows. I've driven 4 Bug's. Great car just not $1M+ car, I've blown a mil on a car so I know how I do things for myself. no knock on the Bug, great car not for me.

The Huracan is rated in metric as 610ps, which translates to 602hp. The R8 is probably the same but mistakenly listed by Car and Driver. Previously, Audi listed the R8 with a slightly lower hp compared to the Gallardo, but perhaps they have dropped that policy. Lamborghini did the same with the 2 wheel drive Gallardos, the LP550-2 vs the LP560-4. I have no idea if the lower hp rating of R8 and lp550 was real or just a branding exercise. The heavier weight of the R8 however should give the Huracan a slight edge.

Are those the old weights?? I thought the new 2016 R8 V10 plus was under 3400 lbs. and the Huracan was under 3200 lbs.

No way either one of them are under 3500lbs curb weight full of fluid. Those weights are not accurate.

That is surprising that they are putting out the same hp (Huracan and R8). While they obviously have the same engine, usually the R8 is a bit detuned. I dont think buyers typically cross shop the Huracan and R8 though, so maybe it doesnt matter.