Ok Doc K... Time to put up.. or shut up...

Allan-Herbie

Wow the bid is now at $85,100 and the reserve has not been met. :eusa_wall:

To bad Hershey didn't hold on to his Countach for a couple years.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty I wouldn't have that car if it was given to me free, you will end up spending more money than buying a good one now and it will still have the stigma of a BBQued car.

Doc save and buy something better, the longer you wait the more rewarding it will be for you because once you get it things won't be as rosy :icon_mrgreen: l

My thoughts exactly. Total money pit.

A lamborghini expert told you these cars will go down in price this year? Please.. bring this soothsayer to us.. lol

Doc save and buy something better, the longer you wait the more rewarding it will be for you because once you get it things won't be as rosy...

I suspect Doc's logic is that while the money he can dedicate to the hunt will continue to increase, the market price of a better sorted CT will continue to rise just the same and continue to remain out of reach. Am I wrong, Doc? Although I agree that the wait makes the heart grow fonder

To bad Hershey didn't hold on to his Countach for a couple years.

I'm sure we'll see it again one day.

What is really strange, is that the engine has WUR's (Warm Up Regulators) mounted on it, which would indicate it was a fuel injected car. And yet it has 6 side draft Webers with it.....

Perhaps someone was trying to convert it from F.I. to Carb's?

Mike

image.jpg

I can't prove it, but wouldn't be surprised if they are bidding up their own auctions!

On prices, the higher prices have brought a lot out on the market. Maybe not a drop back to a few years ago pricing. But do see sellers adjusting their prices lower lately. Especially on the anni's.

Didn't I see a post from you were you said prices on The Ct were headed back to $90-$100K in a year or so? Maybe I'm imagining this?

These 2 will sell. They always sell. There are eyes on these from all over the world.

That Espada the was on auction, that was apart and in a field sold for 70k. Which outrageous. Probably a 30-40k car at best. However the folks overseas that bought it have bought messed up Esapdas, restored to the highest standards and have sold for 250k and the other 325k (possibly more than that).

It's people like that that will get these cars.

Didn't I see a post from you were you said prices on The Ct were headed back to $90-$100K in a year or so? Maybe I'm imagining this?

Nope. Did say the anni's are around $300k to $380k now days. Lots of inventory now and it will drag down prices a bit. But not back down to those levels.

The best way to buy a project is to do what Derek did. Ask around on the forum and privately. Once it's on ebay and the other places, the deep pockets come running.

The best way to buy a project is to do what Derek did. Ask around on the forum and privately. Once it's on ebay and the other places, the deep pockets come running.

Thanks for the heads up, Peter!

I think his signature accomplishes that!!! :icon_mrgreen:

I've watched other auctions from this dealer. They always get up there and they don't sell. Hints of shill bidding on most of their auctions.

All the retail auctioneers do this when the reserve is not getting met by actual bids. The auctioneer will bid it up to the reserve even if no actual bids. Its called chandelier bidding. I believe the seller is doing this. I don't trust EBay auction though, cause you don't know who's bidding against you.

What is really strange, is that the engine has WUR's (Warm Up Regulators) mounted on it, which would indicate it was a fuel injected car. And yet it has 6 side draft Webers with it.....

Perhaps someone was trying to convert it from F.I. to Carb's?

Mike

My thought was that it was a FI car, then after the fire gutted everything the seller just bought some carb's.

You notice that there are no photos of the intake manifolds anywhere.

You would think that if they had them they would appear in the photo with the carb's.

Now I see what's going on, this guy purchased udo's black complete burned car and is trying to build one car from the two wrecks. I'd almost bet that the engine in the first car is the engine from udo's black car as his car had the hodge podge fuel injection system which if I remember correctly is what set the car on fire.

The black car went through copart then SHAZAM! a few years back. I think it sold in the $20k range as a complete but burned car back then.

Good luck buying anything from this seller at anywhere near a reasonable price.

What's scary is that if ct values hold or stay close to what they are now, this shitbox may make economic sense to put together.

What's scary is that if ct values hold or stay close to what they are now, this shitbox may make economic sense to put together.

I believe they'll come down a little, but still be up there. Just lots for sale now.

My guess the seller bought these projects cheap. Waited for the overall market to get up there and are now selling them while they are hot.

Same seller has a 97 Diablo roadster for sale. It was bid pretty high, guess it didn't meet their reserve. Its now relisted with 2 bids to $100k. Its auctions like this one that makes me suspect shill bidding!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Diablo...em=331549368110

Now I see what's going on, this guy purchased udo's black complete burned car and is trying to build one car from the two wrecks. I'd almost bet that the engine in the first car is the engine from udo's black car as his car had the hodge podge fuel injection system which if I remember correctly is what set the car on fire.

Mike I do not think that is the case as the engine from the completely burnt black Countach was a Down Draft 4 valve engine and the engine shown in the first Countach is a FI 2 valve engine.

5 Anniversary cars does not make for lots of inventory. Depending on what a persons plans are, and all of these cars deserve to be saved.

5 Anniversary cars does not make for lots of inventory. Depending on what a persons plans are, and all of these cars deserve to be saved.

There is 5 on EBay, elsewhere there are more. Not even including Canada and Europe. Of the 10 or so out there all but two have dropped their prices below $400k in the last week.

There is 5 on EBay, elsewhere there are more. Not even including Canada and Europe. Of the 10 or so out there all but two have dropped their prices below $400k in the last week.

Remember, more than 500 Anniversaries were manufactured at the end of the Countach run.