What if...

SingleSeat

Pop-up headlights just look tacky to me, which seems to put me in a group of about six people on the planet. Same goes for wings, I've always hated them on road Lambos going right back to the Countach.

Being in the camp of wanting closed headlights with new interior, I like it, I'd buy one.

I like the pop ups. +1 on the PS work. While you are doing your PS magic, can you add some new Huracan wheels to the Diablo to see what is looks like?

Cheers

I'd be curious to see what it would look like with the flip-ups on :lol2:

Nice work in the PS department though!

13401911_4.jpg

My wife thinks I'm a dinosaur for digging the pop-ups! hahaha. I say I'm a goddamned sexual Tyrannosaurus.

hmm...I'm with Emilio...not sure about the 6.0...not bad, but not sure about it. I think maybe headlights aren't the whole story with the six', but the bumper and lack of vents are what really changes the car's look. But I'm really liking the GT with the pop-ups. Probably because it has the sinister slit lights at the grill level making for an edgier look in the presences of a nose that is more blunt than an early car but not quite as rounded over as a 6.0.

I like the pop ups. +1 on the PS work. While you are doing your PS magic, can you add some new Huracan wheels to the Diablo to see what is looks like?

Not sure of the viability of that exploration since the Diablo's tires are 335's out back, which really cements it as the devil's car. Even if you could somehow work with the 20" diameter of the Huracan's wheels (later Diablos had 18" wheels and earlier cars were 17"), the 305 width would be a huge buzz kill.

Just doesn't look right. The clear headlights fit in elegantly on the 6.0!

Just does look right. The clear headlights do not fit in elegantly on the 6.0!

It's all just a matter of personal taste really, I have taste, you don't :D kidding kidding, just having some fun.

;)

This is the compelling shot for me. Side by side one appears dated while the other a “subtle” update.

I’ve NEVER thought of a pre 99 car as looking dated until I saw this.

ScreenShot363.png

Both cars in the original image had the clear headlights. The silver car now looking more like a '97 SV. I don't really think any Diablo ever looks "dated" per se, just that Lamborghini was responding to the trend toward light changes in the mid-'90s.

Well what do you know. I haven’t seen enough of these side by side for an accurate comparison.

Diablos are one of the few cars that when I see one by itself it looks great, period. Comparing two though opens things up for debate. There was a time when I’d take a roadster over the SV for pure ascetics only. Now I’m partial to the SV. Go figure…

I guess I just love ‘em all.

Absolutely love the looks of the GT without the lights. The 6.0 not so much. The location of the turn signals without the glass headlamps makes it look like the Vector M12, which we all know is a total abortion.

I prefer the pop up headlight look, and sought out that look when I started looking for my roadster.

Well what do you know. I haven’t seen enough of these side by side for an accurate comparison.

Diablos are one of the few cars that when I see one by itself it looks great, period. Comparing two though opens things up for debate. There was a time when I’d take a roadster over the SV for pure ascetics only. Now I’m partial to the SV. Go figure…

I guess I just love ‘em all.

Larry, that's exactly why I got the SV. Folks ask me which one I like better, Roadster or SV, I tell 'em that's like asking me which Grandson I like better: they're kinda different, kinda the same, but I LOVE 'em both! How are the your kid's? See you at Steve's in August

post-10721-1432192594_thumb.jpg

Kids are doing great, thanks Kevin. My mind mentally compares every Diablo I look at to yours, and I have yet to find ANY car that comes close. I’m looking for one now, missed out on the yellow one that sat at Steve’s for a long time.

Seems that regardless of condition, today’s sellers expect to make a buck even if they overpaid themselves.

There’s a black SV available. Owner overbought it a few months ago and is looking to get rid it. If only it didn’t need so much work. It's history is well documented, price history and all. If the owner is reading this I'll make a "fair" deal.

Larry one of my favorite pics of my roadster is the one you took of Nicholas standing at the left rear bumper of the Roadster Good luck with the SV hunt!