Mad Max Fury Road....

Griza

sucked so bad we walked out. We lasted about an hour and 15 min and couldn't take it anymore.

Movie is epic

In what regard? Lol..Tom Hardy had like one line..grunt..the guitarist strapped to the front of the truck? that is where I had enough. The best 5 mins was when the 5 girls came out of the gas truck.

Nothing good is coming out of Hollywood these days. I'm tired of seeing classics remade. Looks like Blade Runner is on track to get ruined soon too. Oh, and apparently I read somewhere that the director of the new "it" movie walked out. Thanks for the heads up. I expected to be garbage and you just confirmed my suspicions, lol. I did love Tom Hardy as Bane in Batman. I wish he wouldn't have been killed off.

Fan of the old trilogy...I guess my expectations where set accordingly. The chick I took to see it didn't like it either. I guess I'm a minority...

Nothing good is coming out of Hollywood these days. I'm tired of seeing classics remade. Looks like Blade Runner is on track to get ruined soon too. Oh, and apparently I read somewhere that the director of the new "it" movie walked out. Thanks for the heads up. I expected to be garbage and you just confirmed my suspicions, lol. I did love Tom Hardy as Bane in Batman. I wish he wouldn't have been killed off.

The Road Warrior was one of my favourite movies growing up.

I only went to see this latest one in spite of the commercials because it is one of the best reviewed movies of the year. RT has it at 98% positive.

Mad Max 1 was pretty good, Mad Max 2 was very good, Mad Max 3 was awful.

It's really good. It's not Citizen Kane, but for a full on action movie, very entertaining without the usual CGI shit.

Agreed that the original is a classic no question about it. This is its retarded, deaf, dumb and blind offspring.

Fury Road is a feast for the eyes.

If Coma the Doof Warrior (the bungie-corded guitarist) bothered you, a fan favorite by the way, you most definitely weren't the audience for this film.

I would say this is a film for anyone that enjoyed the original trilogy, especially Road Warrior, as this is essentially Road Warrior 2015. While true, Max wasn't given much to do, yes, this was essentially Furiosa's (Theron) story told through Max's eyes, Max is the conduit to each story in this universe. If not familiar with the originals, then it is for someone that wants to be taken on a roller coaster ride of vehicular combat. It's not trying to be anything else, and I, and obviously many others, thank it for that. There are other movies to serve those purposes.

The film is also a tool to show Hollywood that excessive CG isn't needed to pull off a successful action scene. The vehicular combat was shot practically, except for the stationary shots done with the leads front and center, and not all of those were stationary either. The rest were real and practical, save for the sand storm, with supplemental CG where necessary. This is generally unheard of nowadays, so quite an achievement.

Edit: I just saw your reply that you consider the originals classic. Surprising, as most that enjoyed the originals enjoyed this. Outside of Max playing second to Furiosa, there weren't many complaints from fans of the originals. So not really sure why you couldn't stand it.

I loved the original and the fact that George Miller was the director made it all the more exciting to want to see. Sure it has the corny moment, but it's a fantasy after all. I liked it, my wife not so much. My sons name is Max. Ha!

Agreed that the original is a classic no question about it. This is its retarded, deaf, dumb and blind offspring.

Reminds me of the South Park that came out after Indiana Jones was redone, LOL!

Now I just hope Star Wars isn't going to be fucked up. That's my childhood, right there. It appears as though it might actually turn out to be a quality film as I keep seeing and reading about actual live action special effects being used. My fingers are crossed!

Reminds me of the South Park that came out after Indiana Jones was redone, LOL!

Now I just hope Star Wars isn't going to be fucked up. That's my childhood, right there. It appears as though it might actually turn out to be a quality film as I keep seeing and reading about actual live action special effects being used. My fingers are crossed!

It's great you have an opinion on a movie you haven't seen.

It's great you have an opinion on a movie you haven't seen.

Not trying to argue man, and not saying you don't have a right to your opinion. I just feel like from what I've been hearing about this movie from here and other friends, that my assumptions are correct. I never once said the movie was crap. :icon_thumleft: (or were you referring to Star Wars?)

Not trying to argue man, and not saying you don't have a right to your opinion. I just feel like from what I've been hearing about this movie from here and other friends, that my assumptions are correct. I never once said the movie was crap. :icon_thumleft: (or were you referring to Star Wars?)

I have an opinion because I actually saw the movie.

Comment when you have.

Your words - "Thanks for the heads up. I expected to be garbage and you just confirmed my suspicions, lol."

I have an opinion because I actually saw the movie.

Comment when you have.

Your words - "Thanks for the heads up. I expected to be garbage and you just confirmed my suspicions, lol."

Are you two grown men arguing about Star Wars? :fgay:

Star Wars and Mad Max are both fantasy movies requiring the full suspension of disbelief to enjoy. If you can't put your mind out there to enjoy these movies stay at home and play Scrabble.

I don't like how the movie portrays Concubine and I

It doesn't show many of the very cool things we did .. but in many respects it was a "toned" down version of our last rally

I don't like how the movie portrays Concubine and I

It doesn't show many of the very cool things we did .. but in many respects it was a "toned" down version of our last rally

Star Wars and Mad Max are both fantasy movies requiring the full suspension of disbelief to enjoy. If you can't put your mind out there to enjoy these movies stay at home and play Scrabble.

Well said.

I saw original when I was maybe 8? and it was boring and story sucked like hell even back then. Not the first movie I am going to watch...

This maybe true but when a movie sucks, it sucks..and this sucked

Okay, but the critics pretty much went bonkers on it and it is still at 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, so obviously it appears to have been more than a flop and didn't suck for all who have seen it.

Ha, Effin' A!

Enjoyed the movie very much, although Citizen Kane has it's own strengths.