Garage lift delivered and installed :)

alpha6164

After quite a bit of research I decided to go with a Challenger 9k 4-post lift with the extended width version and 220V motor upgrade. I had to change the tracks to the garage door to a high lift type track and change the motor to a Liftmaster 8500 which winds the door from the side it doesnt sit and hand in middle of the ceiling giving full height of the garage.

It was installed yesterday and I am super happy. This thing is solid and was bolted down properly even though probably not necessary but I have no intentions of moving this thing after it was all balanced and leveled properly. I do have 11.5ft ceiling so with the Lambo sitting 6" off the ceiling the lift sits still 6-7ft off the ground. I could literally park my F150 underneath if if I wanted to. It operates very smooth and the 220V motor makes the lift operate twice as fast as 110V. I opted for manual locks cause didnt want to mess around with having a compressor for the air locks.

This makes the possibilities endless. I can easily put another one right next to this one and park 5 cars in my 3 car garage which is what I have to do when I purchase an Aventador

When I was 7-8yrs old I would always be mesmerized by movies, magazines where someone would hit the garage door and as it rolled up you would see a garage stacked full of exotics and would have never thought 30+yrs ago that one day I would be in a similar situation. I feel very thankful and blessed. For sure working hard pays off at some point. Here are some pix:

post-13156-1438348709_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1438348746_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1438348771_thumb.jpg

That's a great stable! V12 addiction lol. The 4 posts are handy. My dad has a bendpak and it has made working on the mustang much easier.

Now that is a beautiful garage. Congrats on all the incredible machines, very nice selection. Doesn't look like you have the drip pans in place. Prob not a bad idea as I wouldn't want any potential fluid on the gorgeous CGT.

I'm sure you measured a dozen times, but tell me your butt didn't pucker a little the first time you opened the garage door with the Diablo on the rack.

I'm sure you measured a dozen times, but tell me your butt didn't pucker a little the first time you opened the garage door with the Diablo on the rack.

Its so funny you say that. I was standing on the ladder eye level and despite measing 79 times when that door was coming up I just knew it was gonna snag on the wing and rip that shit off. Needless to say my anus was quite puckered lol.

Its so funny you say that. I was standing on the ladder eye level and despite measing 79 times when that door was coming up I just knew it was gonna snag on the wing and rip that shit off. Needless to say my anus was quite puckered lol.

I have lifts in my garage too, and despite knowing exactly what will and will not fit. I even have what cars fit in what spots, with markings on the lifts so I know where to stop and lock etc...

I still look, look, check, and look every time.. Lol

Mike

I have Liftmaster 8500's as well. For those who don't know, these have a battery backup option (part: Liftmaster 475LM). Works fantastic. I've had mine installed for 5 years now and they are still running strong. During any power outage your garage doors will work like usual. Also fun is the looks on neighbors' faces when power is out for everyone but your garage doors are opening/closing for you ;)

Very nice! My ceilings in my garage are 104 inches high. Do you think I can fit a Lambo uptop and another low car underneath with conventional doors? my tallest Lambo sits 45 inches high..

Very cool!

Good eye :)

The lift comes with 3 drip pans but we modified the runway bolt locations. The runways themselves are 20" wide which is fine but once bolted the outside edge to edge was 78". The Diablo rear tires outside to outside is 81.5". So the guys drilled new holes and widened the edge to edge to 86". This makes parking a lot easier without having to back up and adjust 73 times. Except now that it is wider, the drip pans are not wide enough to stay on lol. There is no lift out there including Rotary, Bendpak, DirectLift, Forward etc that have outside edge to edge of their runway more than 76-78" unless we are talking full commercial 14,000+ type lifts that are meant to fit bigger rigs. So I am going to try to have the drip pans custom made

Very nice! My ceilings in my garage are 104 inches high. Do you think I can fit a Lambo uptop and another low car underneath with conventional doors? my tallest Lambo sits 45 inches high..

That is a pretty short ceiling. That is barley over 8 1/2 foot. The easiest way is to combine the height of both cars (whatever will be in the bottom plus the Lambo at 45"), add 6" for the height of the runways off the ground, and then add 8" room because you may be between 2 locks etc. So if height of the other car is 52"+45"+6"+8"= that is 111 which is not going to work. Even if you put 2 lamabos on top of each other it still wont work. Your option is to have a contractor possibly change the truss heights in the attic and raise your roof by a foot and a half.

No way unless you can excavate down or raise the ceiling. I think minimum you need is 9,5 feet and they all recommend 10-12.

What are the chances of us seeing a shot of the lambos on/under the lift? I'd love to compare/contrast the Diablo to the Murci not to mention I just think it will be a badass picture!

What are the chances of us seeing a shot of the lambos on/under the lift? I'd love to compare/contrast the Diablo to the Murci not to mention I just think it will be a badass picture!

Oh that's nothing. Give me a few min ;)

Ask and you shall receive ;)

post-13156-1438373182_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1438373206_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1438373217_thumb.jpg

You are the best!

The Diablo looks really good. Especially the door/window combo, the front wheel arch and the rear bumper. The Murci really kills it with the batwings though and the fact that they actually had a round rear wheel arch instead of the awkward line on the Diablo. Diablo has better mirrors. :eusa_dance: