Is the dream possible??

Deltathree21

To all the Lamborghini owners living the dream, what is estimate cost of ownership for a new Lamborghini??

I read from difference sources that you need to make 300k+ to be able to afford it, is it true or are they just exaggerating? I just assume if you make 300k and still say you need more its because you spend your money on big houses, parties etc etc.

Assuming car is paid in full, only costs would be maintenance, petrol, insurance. If you were to live a simple life like live in a bungalow you like, eat like a normal person and not do all the extravagant things that "rich" people do isn't it possible to live the dream as well?

Thank you for your input.

How I long for the day the forum becomes private again.

i get that, but the guy was cool.

I remember when i was asking those questions(LONG before the internet)

Yeah $300K/yr if your not paying 50% in income tax's is cool AFTER you own a house and have savings etc, then a Lambo is affordable.

It's not what you make as much as what you already own BEFORE you buy a Lambo, I don't make shit right now and own 5 Lambo's ( all paid for in cash), but my net worth is strong so a Lambo aint that big of a deal. I make maybe $80K-$100K/year the past few years, I used to make double that a week. Point is there's no magic formula based on just income, Its you entire own personal economy that matters. The old saying holds true, if you have to ask the price-ya cant afford it(yet) Keep on keeping your eye on the prize took me 13 years to get into my first Lambo, i've owned one ever since, actually after a couple years i've owned like 3-7 ever since. Never give up.

there question answered nicely,

best

eric

If I live in a shoe can I afford a Lambo? The shoe would be my home and daily driver the Lambo would be for fun only my mom said I can do anything I put my mind to hi.

How I long for the day the forum becomes private again.

sorry i don't mean to be the guys who ask "how much do you make" etc.

Didn't want to know your personal info or anything just figured that these questions could be best answered by people who owned the car them selves. Sorry if it was offensive or anything of the nature.

Again I apologize.

i get that, but the guy was cool.

I remember when i was asking those questions(LONG before the internet)

Yeah $300K/yr if your not paying 50% in income tax's is cool AFTER you own a house and have savings etc, then a Lambo is affordable.

It's not what you make as much as what you already own BEFORE you buy a Lambo, I don't make shit right now and own 5 Lambo's ( all paid for in cash), but my net worth is strong so a Lambo aint that big of a deal. I make maybe $80K-$100K/year the past few years, I used to make double that a week. Point is there's no magic formula based on just income, Its you entire own personal economy that matters. The old saying holds true, if you have to ask the price-ya cant afford it(yet) Keep on keeping your eye on the prize took me 13 years to get into my first Lambo, i've owned one ever since, actually after a couple years i've owned like 3-7 ever since. Never give up.

there question answered nicely,

best

eric

Thank you for the reply I appreciate it.

Didn't want to know your personal info or anything just figured that these questions could be best answered by people who owned the car them selves. Sorry if it was offensive or anything of the nature.

Again I apologize.

all good, you asked a fair question.

the issue is its been asked 1000000000000 times, and the answer is always the same.

your good with me and i'm happy to answer your questions. my answer above is solid. as far as costs once you own a Lambo, it's been my experience that i never noticed. meaning i had enough $$$ the costs are negligible. I paid cash for every lambo but my first one, i put 50% down and paid it off in 12-18 months,

i believe Lambos should be "all cash" cars. with interest rates low now, financing might be ok, but i'd have more cash in the bank than the cost of the car times 3. If you have to finance a toy-it's the wrong toy. If you have to finance a car to go to school, work, etc in that's understandable, but at that point in life your not in Lambo territory. The exception being for tax reasons leasing a daily driver makes sense and paying all-cash for a lambo, or if on a loan, cheap $ and like I said own enough to pay it off at anytime without feeling it.

living the dream is just that, it don't include looking at fuel prices, insurance, etc. All that is nothing comapired to the price of the car.

now if you buying a jet or yacht, then yes carrying costs, fuel, pilots, maintenance MATTER A LOT. With exotic cars its a small % of the purchase price of the car.

Again I apologize.

Eric was nice enough to answer. Here's the thing. There's no secret salary. It's about priorities and planning. Often people pop their cherry own the car for a year or two and get rid of it because it's a big pain in the ass to own. So take care of responsibilies first then if you're fortunate enough to have extra cash, buy your car. Owning a Lambo is not easy if you're stretching your budget at all. They're expensive vehicles to buy and maintain.

Good luck.

If I live in a shoe can I afford a Lambo? The shoe would be my home and daily driver the Lambo would be for fun only my mom said I can do anything I put my mind to hi.

My biography got leaked?

As mentioned before... I would suggest if you are making between 2-3 hundred K have a house and no kids, save up 70-80K put it down on a used LP560...pay it off within a year or 2 then your always right side up. Main thing is to keep a positive equity. The rest is up to you... you need to realize there are people who make 100's of millions and a car is like a drop in the ocean, and there are enthusiasts that stretch a bit to have something rewarding.... only you know your situation. U pay off the 560, sell for 135-150 in a couple years, put that into a used aventador and keep moving

I remember the day when I was dreaming like this kid, those sweet innocent days, now I can pretty much buy whatever I want and things aren't special anymore :crybaby2:

I remember the day when I was dreaming like this kid, those sweet innocent days, now I can pretty much buy whatever I want and things aren't special anymore :crybaby2:

Think Bigger! I don't see a helipad at the Fortisdome. :icon_mrgreen:

Think Bigger! I don't see a helipad at the Fortisdome. :icon_mrgreen:

Scared of flying, hate the water haha now I just buy more and more dirt, only thing that excites me at the moment.

Also I bought some heavy duty toys but those I can't operate myself unless I keep a safe distance from any object which is approx 1/2 mile :lol2:

image.jpg

Scared of flying, hate the water haha now I just buy more and more dirt, only thing that excites me at the moment.

Also I bought some heavy duty toys but those I can't operate myself unless I keep a safe distance from any object which is approx 1/2 mile :lol2:

Man, I miss the days of operating heavy equipment!

After owning 20 of them and selling hundreds, here are my 10 tips

http://edbolian.com/10-tips-to-prepare-you...c-car-purchase/

:icon_thumleft: Solid list there.

To chime in, don't be the guy who owns a Porsche but doesn't have $10 to put in the gas tank. The rule of 3 is a generally good one, if you can afford 3 of them get one, that way you can have your toy and enjoy it. A lot of people get so fixated on getting the car that they sacrifice too much for it, then have to sweat the payments when they have it. Own your things, don't let them own you and then you can truly enjoy them.

As awesome as they are, at the end of the day they are just cars, there's a whole lot of great things to experience in life (travel, friends, ect) so don't forget to spend a few $$ investing in that as well :icon_super::icon_thumleft:

Best of luck, I look forward to the day when you post for your owner's title badge :icon_thumleft: