Which one?

Fortis

nice! my list says exposed matte carbon roof, but no carbon skin available. I wonder if the US has different options available which doesn't make sense.

so you went with the race buckets I see. they look badass, but I'm worried about the comfort.

I can second that, at least in the context of U.S. cars.

I was told that the "gloss CF roof panels" bit was a miscommunication. The panels with visible carbon are not gloss but matte, as they should be to go with the rest of the exterior carbon.

As for carbon skin, there appears to be some hitch, perhaps regarding how it holds up long term. The original communication from Lamborghini had carbon skin package for coupe and roadster as follows:

• Coupe: instrument cluster cover + headliner
  • Roadster: instrument cluster cover + middle section of rear wall between the seats

I suspect that carbon skin on the cluster cover is the issue (can't hold up to the sun exposure?) At least in the U.S., the last I heard, it can't be carbon skin and must be alcantara.

I did and do like the look and feel of the carbon skin. In fact, in the Nürburgring video and in some of the press cars in video reviews, I noticed that there was carbon skin on the lower dash. See attached picture. I wanted to ask the factory if they could do this, perhaps through Ad Personam, but then found out that carbon skin might not be happening as originally advertised.

sv_ring.jpg

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was told that the "gloss CF roof panels" bit was a miscommunication. The panels with visible carbon are not gloss but matte, as they should be to go with the rest of the exterior carbon.

As for carbon skin, there appears to be some hitch, perhaps regarding how it holds up long term. The original communication from Lamborghini had carbon skin package for coupe and roadster as follows:

• Roadster: instrument cluster cover + middle section of rear wall between the seats

I suspect that carbon skin on the cluster cover is the issue (can't hold up to the sun exposure?) At least in the U.S., the last I heard, it can't be carbon skin and must be alcantara.

I did and do like the look and feel of the carbon skin. In fact, in the Nürburgring video and in some of the press cars in video reviews, I noticed that there was carbon skin on the lower dash. See attached picture. I wanted to ask the factory if they could do this, perhaps through Ad Personam, but then found out that carbon skin might not be happening as originally advertised.

Believe you are correct - the skin can't take the heat of direct sunlight.

Thanks for another confirmation on cf matte roof panels - believe the incorrect gloss adder was 2500.00 assuming the cf matte will be the same well worth the price.

nice! my list says exposed matte carbon roof, but no carbon skin available. I wonder if the US has different options available which doesn't make sense.

so you went with the race buckets I see. they look badass, but I'm worried about the comfort.

Our list reads the same no carbon skin available until further notice but I was able to select it on the configurator, I am hoping it will be available.

The bucket seats make the interior of the SV I wouldn't have it any other way, it's not a DD few hours in them won't kill anyone, BTW I actually thought the 570 SL seats were the best I've ever had in a car, they were perfect for me but many here complained about them.

That looks awesome Fortis. I agree, red SV sticker to match the interior. Definitely don't delete the NAV for resale purposes.

Thank you murcivu, good point on the NAV.

That makes sense but the carbon skin is definitely available here for the coupe, the literature refers to roadster only, I will look for info and post it here.

Imho, good decision on not ordering sticker. It can always be added later and in shade that is 100% fitting.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I can trial few different colors, if red doesn't work I can do black. etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I can trial few different colors, if red doesn't work I can do black. etc.

I think it will look great in red.

I think it will look great in red.

I was thinking glossy red against matte white, or I could try matte red or even gloss black against matte white a lot more choices with aftermarket after all it's just a sticker, easy to play with.

MHH did you order one?

I was thinking glossy red against matte white, or I could try matte red or even gloss black against matte white a lot more choices with aftermarket after all it's just a sticker, easy to play with.

MHH did you order one?

No, only sniffing around at this stage. I got interested in Lambos again after this year's trip to Alice Springs. I don't need another car but you never know.

No, only sniffing around at this stage. I got interested in Lambos again after this year's trip to Alice Springs. I don't need another car but you never know.

You always need a Lambo in the garage :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats, it is going to look amazing once it arrives. Waiting game is going to be the toughest!

The dealer said March production, late next year delivery, I HATE waiting I want it for my birthday in May :icon_mrgreen:

Fortis, did you consider red seats with the "upside down Y" in black?

Haven't considered it, I think it would look very good.

The dealer said March production, late next year delivery, I HATE waiting I want it for my birthday in May :icon_mrgreen:

March build usually means May delivery. What's the hold up?

March build usually means May delivery. What's the hold up?

Are you sure it's that quick?

It could be that they will start the SV Roadster production in March once the coupe run was done and that's why it's taking until end of next year, I will double check with the dealer.

I just waited more than 7 months for the C63, I hate waiting for cars.

Are you sure it's that quick?

It could be that they will start the SV Roadster production in March once the coupe run was done and that's why it's taking until end of next year, I will double check with the dealer.

I just waited more than 7 months for the C63, I hate waiting for cars.

You normally have to wait 6-8 weeks for shipping a built car to Oz.

In relation to carbon skin,the dealer showed me an email in which Lambo said it won't be available, which is truly a shame because I think it looks great.

Any of the SV owners who took delivery have it in their cars?

In relation to carbon skin,the dealer showed me an email in which Lambo said it won't be available, which is truly a shame because I think it looks great.

Any of the SV owners who took delivery have it in their cars?

I was told the same. no carbon skin available for roadster :(