Murcie check 08 or 09??

Plastique999

I'm trying to decide between 2 LP640 white roadsters:

1) 08 with 11k miles - has had rear damage, fixed bumper.

Upgraded stereo, Larini exhaust, glass bonnet. $180-185k

2) 09 with 5k miles - red interior. Looks otherwise stock

$205-$215k.

Without pics or any other info I would have to go with número dos. White on red is tough to pass up.

I know the 08 car. That's my black one in the picture. It came from Roger and Paul's shop before they died and the owner before the current one put the OEM bonnet on it. It's a good car.

Really the deciding factor should be which one YOU like better given the price difference.

09 red interior looks sick!

08 seats look terrible in my opinion with the black insert.

Crash damage on the murci is bad news, especially the rear, where all the mechanicals are.

I'm always surprised at all the drama surrounding murcielago. The 2 I have bought I have made sure they were perfect. But that took me going through many that were just crap, damaged and or had no service. Who would think an expensive super car would have so many bad examples out there. Not saying these 2 are crap just saying.

I know the 08 car. That's my black one in the picture. It came from Roger and Paul's shop before they died and the owner before the current one put the OEM bonnet on it. It's a good car.

Really the deciding factor should be which one YOU like better given the price difference.

Thanks all for the input.

It's a tough choice between the two and I've gotten mixed opinions on both cars.

Will do more research and make sure to get PPI's on both cars....

I'm always surprised at all the drama surrounding murcielago. The 2 I have bought I have made sure they were perfect. But that took me going through many that were just crap, damaged and or had no service. Who would think an expensive super car would have so many bad examples out there. Not saying these 2 are crap just saying.

I totally agree with you.

I've been on the hunt for a couple months and I will say that I've been through several exotics. But with the Murci, there have been so many storied cars it's insane. To find a clean car with options you are looking for is very difficult.

If that 08 car is the Balloon white one in California then STAY AWAY! Just saw a balloon white roadster (same interior with the black piano trim) that had been hit from the front. The color doesn't look balloon white anymore, looks murky white. Balloon white is a difficult color to paint match. Go with the 09. No accident and the red interior is "baller." White interiors only look good when they're fresh from the factory as they get dirty and stain easily.

V12 is for show. So it attracts people that can't drive or don't want to maintain it properly. This is why there are so many messed up ones. A lot of owners have short ownership. Basically they buy to show off.

It is a shame because they are great cars. I would pay extra to buy a clean one from a reputable source

09 white with red interior is killer. Buy the cheaper accident one and have fun tying to sell that later, if you had to. There are a good portion of people out there that would never buy an accident car, no matter how small of a hit.

• 2 weeks later...

After doing more research on the cars, I decided to go for the 09 white with red interior with 5500 miles. The 08 had more history and didn't come with the soft top.

The 09 is complete and the PPI came back quite clean. The E gear was read at 2.4mm (what %?) Signing docs and then the long wait for shipping from the east coast to west coast.

I'll post pics upon arrival! Very excited to finally join the Lambo gang!

Istnt that white roadster Modo's car? Whatever happened to that guy? Used to be around all the time, now not so much. Definitely recognize his interior.