StarWars; Spoilers there maybe

RobberBaron

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

movie wasnt horrible, it wasnt the best either.....but it definitely set the path for good movies to come.

for the most part, it felt like a re-themed version of Episode 4....halfway through the movie i told my buddy "if i see 2 missiles fired into a hole to blow up the 'death star'....im going to be really pissed.

the things that bothered me (sorry if some of this was already mentioned):

1) it took Luke a WHOLE MOVIE to learn how to use the force, Rey was able to do it in 30 seconds?

2) when Finn used the lightsaber.....thats supposed to be for Jedi's ONLY!

the last battle scene when the saber was in the snow, i was kind of hoping Luke would show up and grab it.

movie wasnt horrible, it wasnt the best either.....but it definitely set the path for good movies to come.

the last battle scene when the saber was in the snow, i was kind of hoping Luke would show up and grab it.

Same here, that woulda been epic. Kylo Ren was a badass until he took off his mask...they'd better make him 1000% more evil in the next one.

This is the bad thing about Star Wars. People talk and talk and talk and speculate forever.

But Rey nudes will be approved.

Whelps, I saw it today! GREAT MOVIE IMO. Although I don't get why they still stuck with the "light speed" thing for the deep space travel:

1) Nothing made of matter can travel up to the speed of light

2) Even if you could go that fast, it would still take you tens of thousands of years to go anywhere significant in a galaxy. The Milky Way is about 100,000 light-years across. Light speed is slow

3) There are theoretical ways to bend space-time so that you can move along at faster than the speed of light but without actually exceeding it (if that makes sense)

They could have just used the other word from the originals, where they'd talk about jumping into "hyperspace."

My other thoughts:

1) Exactly what a Star Wars film should be. Blows the prequels out of the water

2) Not surprised George Lucas hated it. But while he deserves credit for creating the franchise, his vision of it is utterly atrocious

3) I can't believe they killed Han Solo! :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

4) Chewie should have fired more than one shot and could have killed Ren then

5) Kylo Ren was very bad-ass until he removes the mask, and it looks like some rich spoiled brat college kid guy or something. WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

6) All who think it sucked are retarded :P

For all those who liked this movie....how the fcuk do the x wing ,tie fighters , storm troopers and empire battle ships all look exactly the same 40 years in the future? This movie sucked all around

I agree with SingleSeat's following criticisms:

1) Captain Phasma didn't strike me as believable (female stormtrooper). That is the actual woman playing her though (they didn't say take a man and then have a woman do the voice). The actress who plays her is like 6'3.

2) I agree that the Order's officers seem rather whiny and dorkish for being what are supposed to be professional military officers

3) The head bad guy that Ren answers to I agree need not be some monster-looking guy.

4) Finn I agree did not seem credible as a stormtrooper. I was thinking that myself, that he sure seems well-adjusted and "normal" for having supposedly been raised and brainwashed to be a stormtrooper. It would be like a child being raised to be some super hardcore Nazi soldier or radical Muslim and then just randomly deciding that they can't do it. Even if that was to occur (which I think could happen), it would probably be a more slow process.

I think what would have been more believable would have been for a stormtrooper to get separated from his unit and then get captured or somehow fall-in with the good guys and at first be all radical, but then have the character gradually come to realize that what he's been taught and raised to believe is a complete farce and wrong.

Also what is up with Captain Phasma carrying around a blaster rifle all over the ship? An officer that is armed generally has like a pistol, not lugging a rifle everywhere.

Whelps, I saw it today! GREAT MOVIE IMO. Although I don't get why they still stuck with the "light speed" thing for the deep space travel:

1) Nothing made of matter can travel up to the speed of light

2) Even if you could go that fast, it would still take you tens of thousands of years to go anywhere significant in a galaxy. The Milky Way is about 100,000 light-years across. Light speed is slow

3) There are theoretical ways to bend space-time so that you can move along at faster than the speed of light but without actually exceeding it (if that makes sense)

They could have just used the other word from the originals, where they'd talk about jumping into "hyperspace."

FYI, Wheels, what are the very first few words in the entire Star Wars world?

"A long time ago...in a galaxy far far away..."

So don't relate anything on Earth with the movie. I can almost hear you countering with but they look like humans and they are speaking English etc... The quick answer is....it's a movie, Sci-Fi space fantasy in fact. So don't bother. But if you must, while you are at it, why don't you start writing an essay on the impossibility of the light sabre as well.

For all those who liked this movie....how the fcuk do the x wing ,tie fighters , storm troopers and empire battle ships all look exactly the same 40 years in the future? This movie sucked all around

Soldiers, fighter planes, and aircraft carriers of today look pretty similar to how they looked forty years ago (1976). For example, both the F-15 and the F-16 have been in service I think since 1976, so forty years as of now. But also, I would have to disagree with you on the storm troopers, X-Wings, and TIE fighters not looking different. They look similar, having the same basic design, but there are also visual differences between all of the ones used in the film versus in the originals. The Super Star Destroyer looked the same however.

FYI, Wheels, what are the very first few words in the entire Star Wars world?

"A long time ago...in a galaxy far far away..."

So don't relate anything on Earth with the movie. I can almost hear you countering with but they look like humans and they are speaking English etc... The quick answer is....it's a movie, Sci-Fi space fantasy in fact. So don't bother. But if you must, while you are at it, why don't you start writing an essay on the impossibility of the light sabre as well.

Why would I counter with those? Their being human can make plenty of sense as one could just claim that somehow, at some point, they came to Earth and populated here. I am sure the story of evolution could be modified to fit them in somehow. As for the language, they speak what in the Star Wars universe is called Basic. Of course the films are in English, but we are to assume that in reality, they'd be speaking in a language different from any Earth language.

The light speed bit just seemed a bit too stupid IMO when there's an easy work-around. Note I never said that the concept of interstellar space travel is fake, just that doing it at light speed is fake. Regarding how the light saber would work, that there isn't an easy explanation, so one need not be given. Same with The Force. There is no hard evidence of any equivalent in reality (telekinesis), but that doesn't detract from the film as it's an integral part of the story.

Put it this way, for some things, reality and/or physics need to be ignored in order to make the plot work, with light sabers and The Force being some big examples. But for other things, reality and physics need not be ignored at all for the plot to work.

Worst lightsaber battles ever. I hate to say it but Darth Maul beats the hell out of these goat-rope saber fights. Sure, maybe the Jedi aren't in their heyday anymore and their training is lacking, but here we are back in YouTube fan film territory where the participants go at each other with all the grace of a comic-con VIP.

Well IMO Darth Maul wasn't per se very realistic either. Lots of un-necessary twirling of his light saber, along with un-necessary acrobatic maneuvers (like side aerial cartwheel and butterfly twist). The guy who played him, Ray Park, is a wushu practitioner. I actually thought the fights in this film were some of the best done. They were rather clunky and boring in the originals, then way too ridiculously flashy in the prequels, and in-between for this film IMO.

So no rating for the movie but I was entertain for the whole time. If only it wasn't such a religion to masses of annoying nerds. But it was only watchable because if todays technology. There is snowballs change in hell I will ever see the 80's horrid originals...

Why do you view the originals as horrid if you have never seen them? The re-makes of the originals from the 1990s also have improved special effects.

Why would I counter with those? Their being human can make plenty of sense as one could just claim that somehow, at some point, they came to Earth and populated here. I am sure the story of evolution could be modified to fit them in somehow. As for the language, they speak what in the Star Wars universe is called Basic. Of course the films are in English, but we are to assume that in reality, they'd be speaking in a language different from any Earth language.

The light speed bit just seemed a bit too stupid IMO when there's an easy work-around. Note I never said that the concept of interstellar space travel is fake, just that doing it at light speed is fake. Regarding how the light saber would work, that there isn't an easy explanation, so one need not be given. Same with The Force. There is no hard evidence of any equivalent in reality (telekinesis), but that doesn't detract from the film as it's an integral part of the story.

Put it this way, for some things, reality and/or physics need to be ignored in order to make the plot work, with light sabers and The Force being some big examples. But for other things, reality and physics need not be ignored at all for the plot to work.

How do I just knew you would come up with answers like that?! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Put it another way, Wheels is just being.....................Wheels!! :icon_mrgreen:

How am I ruining the thread? I was just giving my own opinions on the film.

You don't need to respond to EVERY post and that with a fcuking wall of post as a response. No one cares about your long winded retorts.

Soldiers, fighter planes, and aircraft carriers of today look pretty similar to how they looked forty years ago (1976). For example, both the F-15 and the F-16 have been in service I think since 1976, so forty years as of now. But also, I would have to disagree with you on the storm troopers, X-Wings, and TIE fighters not looking different. They look similar, having the same basic design, but there are also visual differences between all of the ones used in the film versus in the originals. The Super Star Destroyer looked the same however.

B52 has been in service 65 years.

You don't need to respond to EVERY post and that with a fcuking wall of post as a response. No one cares about your long winded retorts.

That is my OCD acting up. Anytime I see an opinion I disagree with, I feel the need to state why. Will try to work on that.

Work harder and quicker because it is very irritating and you have shown no sign of improvement.

So until then I would suggest a return of the 1 paragraph limit that Abolfaz imposed upon you awhile ago.

Work harder and quicker because it is very irritating and you have shown no sign of improvement.

So until then I would suggest a return of the 1 paragraph limit that Abolfaz imposed upon you awhile ago.

Okay (I think it was Porter though).

This thread should be made into a movie. Some people are forgetting that this is just a movie and not a scientific documentary :jerry: