New car: comfort went out the window

whiteout

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1998+: Security system override

1999+: The dash is a different plastic; updated interior door handles; power mirrors; airbag shut off key in dash; power mirrors; fog light cover removed; 18" wheels; ACR available

2000+: Cast pistons and less aggressive cam

2001+: ABS

Are there major differences between the 96 and the one you just bought aside from cooling like you mentioned?

There are some differences if it's a true 96 blue/white and the 97, which is essentially the same as a 98.

2001 got a larger rear brake caliper along with the abs. Regardless the stock GTS brakes suck and should be changed out.

the new car:

my '97 with 708 cam, upgraded valvetrain, long tube headers, cat & muffler delete and supercharged; 700whp:

Those sound awesome! If you've driven much of the new generation, thoughts on it versus the earlier models? Does it have many similarities? Or is it a whole nother animal?

The new cars are better in every single way, Dodge did a great job with them.

Pretty much this.

Jumping from my 96 (Gen 2) into the 06 (Gen 3) was night and day. I will say, the Gen 2's seem to still get more attention than any other version of the Viper though.

(Oh yea, someone buy my Viper already!)

Pretty much this.

Jumping from my 96 (Gen 2) into the 06 (Gen 3) was night and day. I will say, the Gen 2's seem to still get more attention than any other version of the Viper though.

(Oh yea, someone buy my Viper already!)

Get in a gen 5, it will blow your mind.

Get in a gen 5, it will blow your mind.

It really did. The interior is ridiculously nice and the performance is just as impressive IMO.

I, sadly, don't like buying my toys new otherwise I'd probably have a GTC ACR Extreme or TA 2.0 on order (blue w/white stripes). The 5th Gen used market takes a huge hit from new. There is a 13 B/W Launch Edition for sale that is very tempting though...

• 5 months later...
Awesome!

Shaddup you whiny little cunt or Ill have Nouvalari come in here and cunt punch you back to England even before you get a chance to leave that shithole.

Shaddup you whiny little cunt or Ill have Nouvalari come in here and cunt punch you back to England even before you get a chance to leave that shithole.

Shaddup cuntface.

Little update on the car. New wheels and tires, 315/30R18 front & 335/30R18 rear:

Looks really nice.

How does the increase of 40mm for front tires change the handling?

Looks really nice.

How does the increase of 40mm for front tires change the handling?

Now it turns and stops. Seriously though, I don't have ABS & I have big Stoptech front brakes and since switching to the R888s I cannot get the brakes to lock up.

I really need a set of coilovers to take advantage of these tires.

• 6 months later...

Little over a year later.

BC coilovers, CCW wheels, exhaust, new clutch, flywheel, short throw shifter, polyurthane motor & trans mounts, brake pads, HIDs, heat management and a lot of maintenance items.

D5361EE4-9CBB-4635-B840-D0D285D247D1_zps

6EF76571-D95B-495F-BC71-7B2E4FC08A4A_zps

48373463-D5F8-4889-AC3C-9C2FC2AA32AD_zps