Making a Murderer

abolfaz

It's about 5am 4th day in a row.

Another observation is these people really need better hair car products and getting their hair cut more than once a year. Strange clan of ppl.

I have lots to say about this. Lots. And I hope some find it interesting. I'm gonna watch it again and take a few notes.

Their lawyers in general suck. Even the big lawyer they hired screwed the pooch questioning the chemist about the scientific method(not the right word but it's 5am). That was the nail in the murder beef for the old guy.

More later

Best

Wrix

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear, the brother of Theresa.

He was always happy to be on camera, smiling and laughing with that high-pitched fat lesbian looking Prosecutor (who at the end, comes out as a power-abusing sex pest!). Additionally, from day 1 he seems 100% sure that Steven is guilty. All very weird.

The second I saw her brother on camera he seemed guilty..

I can say 1 thing I feel pretty strongly about. I have only watched 2 episodes.. When Steven was questioned by the local media about her disappearance he was as calm as anyone and you could sense his frustration about them even accusing him. Instantly he said the cops could plant evidence. Just watching him, his mannerisms, in my opinion he isn't guilty. A professional poker player (which steven clearly is not that smooth) couldn't pull off acting that innocent. The guys is the type to admit his guilt and faults. I think if he did it he would have said yes, I did it within a very short amount of time..

however, if he is guilty, if he did do it, I don't feel he was the murdering type to begin with. I would say being in prison for 18 years changed him and the local government should pay for that just as he is serving his sentence. This poor guy got fucked in the worst possible way.

Was anyone else as mad as I was when the Attorney General said she found no wrong doing in the first case??? I think they all need to get their power taken away.. NOW!

2 episodes in and I can tell you I will never go to Wisconsin. I'll give my full thoughts when I finish but damn this a great documentary. If you rob someone of 18 years he should be allowed to go on a murder spree with a parade in his honor afterwards.

Don't you think if he was going to go and kill someone he would go after the sheriff or the judge or the states attorney that put him in prison? If I were him that's who I would have went after.. Not some girl from autotrader.

Don't you think if he was going to go and kill someone he would go after the sheriff or the judge or the states attorney that put him in prison? If I were him that's who I would have went after.. Not some girl from autotrader.

Read the link CC provided earlier. Steven Avery was more of a nutjob than the documentary would lead you to believe.

Like I said earlier, I think he did it, but they went to great lengths to make sure he would get convicted (and did a piss poor job of it)

Read the link CC provided earlier. Steven Avery was more of a nutjob than the documentary would lead you to believe.

Like I said earlier, I think he did it, but they went to great lengths to make sure he would get convicted (and did a piss poor job of it)

I just read all that and it does make a lot of sense. It puts it all together. What i don't understand is where was Brendan at while the police were searching the house. Heck everyone says the police planted the key, but it makes just as much sense that Brendan went back in the trailer and planted the key.

I would like to think there was a possibility it was just the nephew, but if Steven was anywhere around that area while it was all happening he would have known and he would have started blaming it on the nephew right away. Now it makes sense as to why when the sister called Steve in prison and told him that her son confessed Steven asked why would he do that? What is even more amazing however is that Steve didn't push harder to blame it all on the nephew once he had the opportunity..

Crazy fucked up people. All of them. Especially the local Gov there.

I just read all that and it does make a lot of sense. It puts it all together. What i don't understand is where was Brendan at while the police were searching the house. Heck everyone says the police planted the key, but it makes just as much sense that Brendan went back in the trailer and planted the key.

I would like to think there was a possibility it was just the nephew, but if Steven was anywhere around that area while it was all happening he would have known and he would have started blaming it on the nephew right away. Now it makes sense as to why when the sister called Steve in prison and told him that her son confessed Steven asked why would he do that? What is even more amazing however is that Steve didn't push harder to blame it all on the nephew once he had the opportunity..

Crazy fucked up people. All of them. Especially the local Gov there.

True, but I don't think Brendan was capable of doing it based on what was shown. They didn't find a shroud of evidence to pin it on him - only his "confession" - watching the video I wouldn't put it past him (Brendan) to agree with the investigators that a Unicorn came down and sprinkled fairy dust on her before taking off.

I think it's easy to prove reasonable doubt on anything presented in that link too. Regarding the key, regardless of how it got there, it didn't have any of the victims DNA on it. How does a key to the victims vehicle have Stevens DNA but not hers? Makes no sense. Whether he did it or not, I just don't see the evidence proving guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

I wonder if any of these corrupt people have done a polygraph regarding this whole case.

I think it's easy to prove reasonable doubt on anything presented in that link too. Regarding the key, regardless of how it got there, it didn't have any of the victims DNA on it. How does a key to the victims vehicle have Stevens DNA but not hers? Makes no sense. Whether he did it or not, I just don't see the evidence proving guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

I wonder if any of these corrupt people have done a polygraph regarding this whole case.

:iamwithstupid:

Friends had been recommending this to me but after seeing you guys on it I finally had to give in. I am most interested to see how things proceed now that the documentary is out and the cases are getting lots of national attention. I'm hoping that Anonymous really has what they claim to have and that justice is eventually served.

Haven't watched it right now, however intriguing that this happened in Wisconsin, because when Scott Walker was pushing for his union reform, there was a district attorney in power who used his authority to have SWAT teams go and bust into the homes of multiple families of Republicans involved with Walker's effort. The families were not allowed to call lawyers or family and were bound by gag orders, etc...And not speaking about that from a partisan standpoint, just from how corrupt that showed that DA to be.

Another real case of abuse to read about is the Virginia Tech boys and how they were framed really bad. Luckily things worked out in the end for the most part, although their lives might still be ruined, I am not sure (because of name association and accusation).

There was also a guy in New Jersey who inherited from his grandfather an M1 Carbine WWII rifle. Well under NJ's assault weapons ban, this type of M1 Carbine is outlawed as an assault weapon because it has a bayonet lug. Well geez, the prosecutor wanted to have this guy punished to the full extent of the law, thrown into prison, etc...in the end, the Court let him off, as it was obvious it was just an innocent mistake on his part (and even if it hadn't been, it would have still be excessive IMO to do what the prosecutor wanted) however the rifle was confiscated. But think of all the stress and anxiety that prosecutor probably put the guy (and his family?) through.

What a clusterfuck this whole thing was. who knows what happened but it was clear they were framed either way. It mentioned early on that in the lawsuit since the insurance company was not going to pay that the people involved were going to be on the hook personally. These guys that were about to lose everything were all the main guys coming up with all the "new" evidence that everyone else seemed to miss. No one ever explained why the blood evidence was tampered with or if they ever tried to get fingerprints off the scotch tape used to tape it back up. Also, why in the world would this guy do this to a girl that he knew was sent to his house from autotrader kill her and then park her car on his own property? Even an idiot wouldn't be that stupid and if he was he would have crushed the car or chopped it and got rid of the giant RAV4 spare tire cover as well as the license plates. I wish they would have explained a bit more about the roommate not reporting her missing and the shady ex boyfriend as well as Brendan's older brother. I wish his two attorneys would have taken the case on a contingency and let the lawsuit against the county continue. Would love for some of those pieces of shit to have been bankrupted.

This defense attorney could get disciplined for her actions in an effort to exonerate someone she believed was wrongfully convicted. Based on what we've seen in this documentary alone, the attorneys involved in the Avery case should have been disbarred, is there any doubt that if the attorney in the link was a prosecutor, the state would never take any action against her?

Just finished it, some quick thoughts:

Steven and Brenden were setup. I don't think Steven is a saint, but in this particular case I thin they were very much to to get him.

Brenden was a patsy and was setup by his fist lawyer team.

With 36 million reasons to want this guy out of the picture and cover their first 18 year mistake up the whole court system was against them. From the prosecution to the judges.

I am super suspicious of Teresa's brother...something about him doesn't add up.

Krats strikes me as a child molester (among other things).

Over all very fascinating, tragic, and sad.

More thoughts later.

Just finished watching.

From watching this documentary (take that for what it is), it seems like he didn't do it. Don't know who did though, and they got him for it. He's not a saint, but not a murderer, either.

The blood coming back with no EDTA present really sealed the deal. However, even that is questionable. And even the way the blood looks, where it's placed, how it's smeared in the car, seems sketch.

As for the key, and other non conclusive evidence IMO, I mean, none of her DNA on the key, only his. How dat possible? New evidence surfacing every-time they close up the house, but none initially, even when Steven first let them search.

You're also dealing with dirty cops here, especially the DA.

One cop said that he found the key by picking up the dresser, giving it a good shakedown, whatnot. However, when comparing pictures, everything is exactly in place, looks like the dresser was never moved. Before the finding of they key and after finding the key dresser pictures are very sketchy to me.

No blood splatter, no DNA even after tearing the concrete apart, questionable DNA only on the bullet found in the garage, nothing on the murder weapons, etc.

Ya. Just a clusterfuk. Steven probably couldn't work an iPhone, doubt he is a murder mastermind.

Has Roman chimed in on this yet? Dude is usually dead on with his assumptions, would love to hear an opinion from him.

There was an interview of his ex fiance who completely backs him in the show but now says she doesn't think he's innocent and that he is a monster.

He was in prison and she could have left him immediately but stayed with him and now 10 years later almost and suddenly she happens to decide to share this? Just like the rest of the questionable people in this story, she's now impossible to trust one way or the other.

There was an interview of his ex fiance who completely backs him in the show but now says she doesn't think he's innocent and that he is a monster.

He was in prison and she could have left him immediately but stayed with him and now 10 years later almost and suddenly she happens to decide to share this? Just like the rest of the questionable people in this story, she's now impossible to trust one way or the other.

Thought the same thing. Chick was a hardcore alcoholic.

To me the main issue is the motives. Who has the large motive for murder...the guy who's been doing business with this lady several times and just out of the blue decides "today I'm going to get my homicide on" or the institution that screwed up and was facing a massive law suit that threatens the careers of multiple people and would be a severe black-eye in the public image?

Every step of his case was highly suspect, from the magical discovery of evidence (from people what should not have been on the scene), the tampered DNA evidence that should have been tossed out but was used, to the retro-filings of reports and placement of the bones and car.

To me the toughest question is, was this girl killed at a super convenient time that the local law enforcement capitalized on, or where they more involved in the case?

The Avery's def had "undesirables" written all over them left and right, and for sure there is some non-kosherness going on there, but the state royally screwed up multiple times on the rape charge (which led to the other assaults that didn't have to happen).

The last big question I have is why where they so out to get him the first time? I get that the sheriff's wife did not like him, but setting a guy up to take the fall for a rape that they had a lot of evidence that pointed to the actual rapist (that they got too many years too late) is pretty personal. There's something else that had to have happened because it seems like from day 1 they wanted him locked up and they didn't care how they did it.

If any of the suspicious character; the DA, the brother, the dirty cops, the detectives, Brendan's first lawyer etc popped up in a movie, you would instantly think to yourself "that's the bad-guy".

Also, isn't perjury a crime? It was obviously committed left, right and center during these trials.

Damn you people, I watched it all but I haven't slept in 48 hours, I am delirious and feel like a zombie.

The cops were dodgy!

Damn you people, I watched it all but I haven't slept in 48 hours, I am delirious and feel like a zombie.

The cops were dodgy!

Am I the only one that didn't find it that compelling? I watched it all, but had no problem usually just watching one episode at a time... Certainly no marathon, missing work, not sleeping for days sort of binges that others seem to be doing.

That said, the uncle did it.