Top Gear

eddiemc2

The footage of Chris driving the F1 and talking about on the Extra gear is also something people will not have seen on the old show.

Like I keep saying, it is not the BBC's fault that Clarkson did what he did and I think they have done a suitable show. Sadly I am in the minority and ratings are down.

Whereas the Amazon show, I just do not have high hopes for it.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whereas the Amazon show, I just do not have high hopes for it.

I don't know how real this is, but according the internets Top Gear has a budget of about $500k/episode (without host salaries). With Amazon and The Grand Tour they'll get about $4.5 MM (with host salaries I guess). Let's say 2 of those millions go to the hosts, and they're left with five times the budget of Top Gear.

It will be quite a feat to make something worse than the new Top Gear with that kind of resources and the same producer as before.

I see the Grand Tour a one-season wonder. Like Arrested Development, the people are begging for a new series, but really, it is more about closure. I loved AD and wished it was never gone, but after the series was rebooted, I felt like it was time to let it go and don't want another season.

This new Top Gear is on life support, what keeps some people watching are the cars, I know that sounds strange to say because after all it's a car show and the cars should be the main protagonists but I am firmly convinced that with the previous Top Gear the cars wasn't really what atracted majority of the audience to the show and made people tune in, it was the shenanigans, the chemistry of the 3, now all that is gone, the whole show is just awkward to watch.

Ha-ha that is hilarious. I'd have respected it more if he just drank it right from the bottle instead of pouring it in a glass. Who does that???

We know we love to hate when the fault in the man is drinking vine from an appropriate vine glass. HAhhahaha! :D

BTW. What is the best free non subscribe vpn or proxy add on to firefox today

I have to say Evans is totally enjoyable on this ExtraGear. So all the problems start from faceless bus driving hippy-leftie byrocrates in BBC who do not believe in the magic of automobile as such. So the Top Gear is over compensating all the time with more bread and circus fun than nobody ever asked for. ExtraGear on the other hand, looks like their hosts and is about cars and is passionate.

If they leave the buffoonery to the old trio, and focus on cars, TG can survive. Chris Harris can drive, but his videos are so fcuking boring. I'd love to see him swap places with the guy from Regular Car Reviews. One dude having fun in great cars beyond his abilities to another guy showing you what that K-car can do in great hands.

If they leave the buffoonery to the old trio, and focus on cars, TG can survive. Chris Harris can drive, but his videos are so fcuking boring. I'd love to see him swap places with the guy from Regular Car Reviews. One dude having fun in great cars beyond his abilities to another guy showing you what that K-car can do in great hands.

YEEEAH on the first sencente, NÖÖY to latter ones.

Only that Regular Car Reviews guy is annoying as hell and cant drive for shit. Look at that M Coupe episode where he is 15 minutes afraid of turning left on a normal road because of on coming traffic and generally driving like a blobfish on coma.

You guys lowered my expectations so much that I enjoyed the first two episodes. So thanks!

Decent Top Gear is better than no Top Gear.

Third episode was slightly better, though I did fast forward most of the Evans content. Seems like they have reduced his participation in the live segway segments. Who dresses that idiot? They need to can him asap if they want to save the show, he is unwatchable.

Third episode was slightly better, though I did fast forward most of the Evans content. Seems like they have reduced his participation in the live segway segments. Who dresses that idiot? They need to can him asap if they want to save the show, he is unwatchable.

you think he is day-drinking because they are reducing his participation? Rory and Harris having more involvement was nice, but I turned off the sound during the TdF bit.

I agree, he's unwatchable, I don't find him funny at all, his voice is like fingernails on a blackboard loud, abnoxious and dresses like a hobo, who the hell gave him this roll and thought he would be good? Unbelievable!

Also LeBlanc, he just isn't funny, it's hard to shake off playing the idiot in particular when that role defines your entire professional career, he's so misplaced, every time I see him I think this is unbelievable, if anyone would ask me to bet on whom I thought would make it as a TG host Joey wouldn't even make it on my list.

Them two have zero chemistry and ruin the show for me. CH is annoying but he's the best TG has, he should replace Evans.

https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/bbc-to-signi...s-top-gear-role

Sounds like they are cutting back Evans role and letting Harris figure more prominently. Not sure how this Chris Evans ever became semi-famous, he is repulsive to look at and listen to.

The people have spoken and the BBC apparently is finally giving them what they want: much less Chris Evans, much more Chris Harris.

According to the Telegraph, Top Gear host Evans will have his role in presenting the motoring show significantly dialled back after viewing figures for last Sunday’s episode reached a new low.

The third episode, the first to fully feature motoring journalist and prominent YouTuber Harris, received the most positive reviews yet but was watched live by just 2.37 million viewers.

As a result, while Evans and Matt LeBlanc will continue as the main anchors, pre-recorded material featuring Harris and fellow Extra Gear host Rory Reid will be used more prominently in the series.

Reid, who won his place on the show via public auditions, also Tweeted yesterday to confirmed that both himself and Chris Harris would now feature on the main Top Gear show every Sunday.

The revamped Top Gear has so far experienced a rough time with Evans at the helm, with audience appreciation figures rating the debut episode as the worst show on terrestrial TV that weekend.

Although many critics and fans have agreed that it has gotten better in the past two weeks, last Sunday’s viewership figures were the lowest for Top Gear since 2002.

Multiple publications have pointed out that the show did have competition from Germany’s opening game in the Euro 2016 tournament, along with a special episode of Coronation Street on ITV.

However, unlucky scheduling will come as a small consolation for a show that’s seen its viewership sharply decline in the way that Top Gear’s has, with iPlayer viewership figures reportedly also dropping.

It’ll come as good news to car fans that there’ll be a lot more Harris on the Beeb now though. Judging by the reception of last week’s episodes perhaps those viewership figures will stop going down and start going

sideways…

you think he is day-drinking because they are reducing his participation? Rory and Harris having more involvement was nice, but I turned off the sound during the TdF bit.

Sounds like they are cutting back Evans role and letting Harris figure more prominently. Not sure how this Chris Evans ever became semi-famous, he is repulsive to look at and listen to.

can I give myself a high-5?

The people have spoken and the BBC apparently is finally giving them what they want: much less Chris Evans, much more Chris Harris.

According to the Telegraph, Top Gear host Evans will have his role in presenting the motoring show significantly dialled back after viewing figures for last Sunday’s episode reached a new low.

The third episode, the first to fully feature motoring journalist and prominent YouTuber Harris, received the most positive reviews yet but was watched live by just 2.37 million viewers.

As a result, while Evans and Matt LeBlanc will continue as the main anchors, pre-recorded material featuring Harris and fellow Extra Gear host Rory Reid will be used more prominently in the series.

Reid, who won his place on the show via public auditions, also Tweeted yesterday to confirmed that both himself and Chris Harris would now feature on the main Top Gear show every Sunday.

The revamped Top Gear has so far experienced a rough time with Evans at the helm, with audience appreciation figures rating the debut episode as the worst show on terrestrial TV that weekend.

Although many critics and fans have agreed that it has gotten better in the past two weeks, last Sunday’s viewership figures were the lowest for Top Gear since 2002.

Multiple publications have pointed out that the show did have competition from Germany’s opening game in the Euro 2016 tournament, along with a special episode of Coronation Street on ITV.

However, unlucky scheduling will come as a small consolation for a show that’s seen its viewership sharply decline in the way that Top Gear’s has, with iPlayer viewership figures reportedly also dropping.

It’ll come as good news to car fans that there’ll be a lot more Harris on the Beeb now though. Judging by the reception of last week’s episodes perhaps those viewership figures will stop going down and start going

sideways…

That is great news! I really like CH and Rory Reid, they both seem far more genuine than Leblanc and Evans. Actually, I find Rory Reid even more likeable than CH.

Do I make my self a public target if I say that I don't care about that Rory Reid a one bit. Nice guy but not much special to say or charisma. Just endless mumbo jumbo which put me into sleep or skip next 5-10 minutes forwards.

What set old trio apart from these, was the they were rather speaking thoughts via few words and then let them drop into audience. Now it is a lot more small talk, and lot less thought. I know Chris Harris is capable of both and I have liked his videos. Evans was actually quite good having emotional moment in the McLaren F1. But other than that, nothing.

The fourth episode was actually enjoyable. It seems to be getting better.

Yes much better, but they need to lose Evans & Schmitz