Market Crash

megachad

take it from me.. stay as far away as you can from the stock market. some people make money.. at the end you lose it if you are a day trader.

1999 lost 100k or so

2004 lost 40k or so

2008 lost 60k or so

2011 lost 20k or so

15-2016 losing 50k

I short a stock it goes up. I buy a stock below book value it goes down.. lol. I almost feel like there is a monkey on the other side of the screen waiting for the deposit and takes it.

I recall something on CNBC where the money maker ( all the volume you see ) i.e GE stock does 15,000,000 volume a day, 88% of that volume is not real volume. to create a market...

One day i will learn , no easy money.

In the future tell me all your trades. I will do the opposite.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I short a stock it goes up. I buy a stock below book value it goes down.. lol. I almost feel like there is a monkey on the other side of the screen waiting for the deposit and takes it.

there are certain pivot points where the big guys know the large number of people will sell/buy.

In the future tell me all your trades. I will do the opposite.

:lol2:

I was thinking the same.

Sorry for your losses Vegasgtr.

take it from me.. stay as far away as you can from the stock market. some people make money.. at the end you lose it if you are a day trader.

1999 lost 100k or so

2004 lost 40k or so

2008 lost 60k or so

2011 lost 20k or so

15-2016 losing 50k

I recall something on CNBC where the money maker ( all the volume you see ) i.e GE stock does 15,000,000 volume a day, 88% of that volume is not real volume. to create a market...

Wasn't it you investing with Liquid assets making a "big return?" or am I confusing you. I know when he was still around someone was talking about that, maybe it wasn't you.

The only real form of the stock market I have done is through my 401k, and it hasn't done much up or down.

Don't worry about the stock market Andrew. You bought a Miura S (and from your profile I see a Urraco now as well). I think your retirement plan is setting up nicely. ;)

I short a stock it goes up.

In my opinion making money on shorting a stock is not that hard.

All you must do is be patient and wait till a stock gets hammered, rebound a bit (dead cat bounce) and then short sell it.

I will name two stocks I would short, TSLA and SCTY. With cheap oil and a weakening economy neither is going to do well.

Sincerely Vic

All you must do is be patient and wait till a stock gets hammered, rebound a bit (dead cat bounce) and then short sell it.

I will name two stocks I would short, TSLA and SCTY. With cheap oil and a weakening economy neither is going to do well.

Sincerely Vic

Oh boy were you every right on that one.

SolarCity Corp

NASDAQ: SCTY - Feb 10 10:11 AM EST

18.93 USD Price decrease 7.42 (28.16%)

I'm not an expert but I have played around with shorting a little bit and have had more success doing that than anything else.

A simple way I look at it is like a sports team. For example, the Lakers suck this year. If they start winning 5 games in a row, I know they're not actually that good and they will fall back to earth. So I'd short them because I know they're over performing and will come down.

Don't worry about the stock market Andrew. You bought a Miura S (and from your profile I see a Urraco now as well). I think your retirement plan is setting up nicely. ;)

Yes, I did have a little luck with that one since I bought in 2012. For the sake of current owners, I hope the high prices remain. I do believe the vintage lambos were undervalued for a long time, but the recent big upswing in the market really surprised myself and many others. I didn't think the Diablos would come up for another few years, but it happened. I also never thought I would see a Jalpa sell for over $50k... now you see some nearing $100k. Which is fantastic for the Jalpa owners because just a few years ago you could buy a Jalpa for $25-30k, put $30k into it, and it was still only worth $30-40k.

Wow things have changed... never imagined an Espada for over $50k either!

Sincerely Vic

Liquid is doing well with my money. He is way more disciplined. I am referring to my account. All my calls are usually right.. just my timing SUCKS.

Liquid is doing well with my money. He is way more disciplined. I am referring to my account. All my calls are usually right.. just my timing SUCKS.

:iamwithstupid:

I'm getting hammered right now, with the cheap oil.