The L/P Bootstrapper Thread

Destructo

^ Wow, you look like Turtle from Entourage in that picture, LOL.

Good job Roman. You're killing it! Yes, I do agree, 100% genetics. More than likely, at least.

Ok, sorry to get everyone off topic!

Turtle???

Everybody knows I'm Ari fcuking Gold.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turtle???

Everybody knows I'm Ari fcuking Gold.

Just a thought as I have had 3 scopes in last 6 years starting at 28. First found 2 (1 adenoma), second found 2 (both normal) and last scope 0 found. The biggest change besides eating right and exercising was eating broccoli servings 4-6 times a week.

I have read a study where in Africa they eat a lot of grains and leafy vegetables and get scoped and find nothing. They switch to a North American meaty diet and get scoped within 3 years and now find polyps. Vice Versa for North Americans who found polyps with our kind of diets, switch to the African diet and within a retest found No polyps.

Just a thought

Just a thought as I have had 3 scopes in last 6 years starting at 28. First found 2 (1 adenoma), second found 2 (both normal) and last scope 0 found. The biggest change besides eating right and exercising was eating broccoli servings 4-6 times a week.

I have read a study where in Africa they eat a lot of grains and leafy vegetables and get scoped and find nothing. They switch to a North American meaty diet and get scoped within 3 years and now find polyps. Vice Versa for North Americans who found polyps with our kind of diets, switch to the African diet and within a retest found No polyps.

Just a thought

Dude... Ive always eaten broccoli like its ice cream... I eat so much Broccoli I crap James Bond films.

(who sees what I did there?)

Interesting thing... At 42 I had 1 polyp. And it was cancer. None at 43. So its not like Im a polyp factory...

but the ones I do make go bad...

(But were totally fcuking up daves thread...)

^^ I somehow missed that one too..

Wishing you all the best - and great to read your updated story.

How did I miss this?

Dude... Ive always eaten broccoli like its ice cream... I eat so much Broccoli I crap James Bond films.

(who sees what I did there?)

Interesting thing... At 42 I had 1 polyp. And it was cancer. None at 43. So its not like Im a polyp factory...

but the ones I do make go bad...

(But were totally fcuking up daves thread...)

I got it but I did notice they were missing from Spectre.

I saw something you said Roman and I was like "yes I do that too". I eat very little carbs too. I cheat with beer and sometimes other stuff. But from November with cheating during the holidays, I have lost almost 30lbs. I am 5'11" and started at 233lbs, and today I am going between 200 and 210lbs(this day i was 203). With Strictly diet only, low carb high fat. I need to start working out which I have slowly started. Another friend with diabetes got me started on this diet and it works for him.

So I'm convinced all that shit is balloon juice. It's genetics. 100%

IMO it is a combination. There are people who do everything right, eat healthy, exercise, etc...and still get a particular disease, simply because they are genetically predisposed to it. But there are other people who, if they eat healthy, exercise, etc...are likely not to get such cancer, whereas if they eat unhealthy, do not exercise, smoke, etc...greatly increase their chances of getting cancer.

IMO it is a combination. There are people who do everything right, eat healthy, exercise, etc...and still get a particular disease, simply because they are genetically predisposed to it. But there are other people who, if they eat healthy, exercise, etc...are likely not to get such cancer, whereas if they eat unhealthy, do not exercise, smoke, etc...greatly increase their chances of getting cancer.

Nice tautology. :eusa_wall:

Let me translate this from wheels to English for the rest of you.

"Some people will get cancer no matter what they do. Some won't."

image.png

Nice tautology. :eusa_wall:

Let me translate this from wheels to English for the rest of you.

"Some people will get cancer no matter what they do. Some won't."

There was a misunderstanding here on my part. Roman, when you wrote:

So I'm convinced all that shit is balloon juice. It's genetics. 100%

I thought you meant you believed it's genetics period, as in that nutrition, exercise, etc...play no part for anyone. Hence why I posted that I see it as a combination.

There was a misunderstanding here on my part. Roman, when you wrote:

I thought you meant you believed it's genetics period, as in that nutrition, exercise, etc...play no part for anyone. Hence why I posted that I see it as a combination.

There are some cancers that obviously linked to environmental factors. Lung cancer/smoking. Radiation exposure/thyroid cancer.

But there has been an effort by the health police (and lawyers looking for somebody to sue) to inexerebly link ALL cancer to diet choices and vices they don't like. And it's horse shit.

Colon cancer. It's a typically slow growing cancer taking years to develop. But I've heard of several VERY young, otherwise healthy people (teenagers) dying of it. It wasn't anything they fcuking ate. It's genetics.

Breast cancer. Genetics. Hell we know the genetic marker now for it and if you've got it it's pretty much a ticking time bomb- live long enough and you will get it.

Prostate- You're a man. Live long enough m, you'll get it.

Lymphoma- the five people I've known who got it were all young, super healthy (athletes)...

Cancer is first and foremost a disease of hereditary.

That's why I asked here a few years back - with cancer being such a risk, what can we scan in the body to find it when you're feeling healthy. IIRC the answer was you have to feel like something is wrong first..

E, from pics of you when I joined, and thinking of you as a big guy all this time, these new pics are completely badass. Stay humble, you badass :D

Great story Roman. Colon cancer is no joke. My grandfather struggled with it for 3-5 years before ultimately passing from it. Because of that, my father and uncles started getting checked every couple years after they hit age 40.