Verde LM002

rhyno

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roy had some original Sand Lip tires that were in great shape so I picked those up and will have them installed once the wheels have been refinished. I looked for some New Pzero Scorpion tires but couldn't find any that were not crazy overpriced. I think its smart to have a set of original sand lip tires because they are original oem and I don't think Pirelli will make them again. Roy also had a LM jack and factory owners manual that I bought from him.

IMG_2756.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

This is fantastic - one of the coolest Lambo's and sounds like you are doing the restoration exactly right :icon_super:

Congrats! Does Pirelli still produce tires for the LM?

Are you running BFG Baja T/A tires for logging miles? They are as close to the Scorpio look as you can get.

I'm just going to run the original tires, I will only drive it around town

Roy had some original Sand Lip tires that were in great shape so I picked those up and will have them installed once the wheels have been refinished. I looked for some New Pzero Scorpion tires but couldn't find any that were not crazy overpriced. I think its smart to have a set of original sand lip tires because they are original oem and I don't think Pirelli will make them again.

Isn't there an expiration date on tires?

Tires are only really good for about 6 years before you should replace them. I'm not worried about the sand lip tires because they have the sand lip and can run with no air in them, plus I won't be driving it much other then around town

Front hubs have been sanded down and ready for paint....

IMG_0137.JPG

Hub painted to match the wheels....

IMG_0128.JPG

Emblems painted to match....

IMG_0127.JPG

Shocks are back from there rebuild. Lambo does not make bushings anymore so custom poly bushing were made....

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

Quicksilver exhaust is getting installed. It didn't fit perfect so a couple modifications had to be made. Also the system was missing some clamps so we sourced some sweet stainless steel clamps. The Hulk is going to sound so good!!!!

IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

Servicing the brakes/wheel cylinder next...also need to replace some worn out rubber bits that the factory doesn't make anymore

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3514.JPG

Wheel cylinder parts have been installed and back plates painted on both sides of the rear brakes. I think she will be back on her wheels soon and will be able to roll :)

IMG_3547.JPG

Roy had some original Sand Lip tires that were in great shape so I picked those up and will have them installed once the wheels have been refinished. I looked for some New Pzero Scorpion tires but couldn't find any that were not crazy overpriced. I think its smart to have a set of original sand lip tires because they are original oem and I don't think Pirelli will make them again. Roy also had a LM jack and factory owners manual that I bought from him.

BTW, Pirelli Sand Lips are available new, but once is 3-4 years.

New ones are extremely rare. Don't buy Scorpion Zeros (without sand lip) they are not worth it. The sidewall is pretty soft, allows big body roll and can be easily punctured.