Verde LM002

rhyno

Shocks are back from there rebuild. Lambo does not make bushings anymore so custom poly bushing were made....

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

These are hydraulic bump stops, not the shocks, as I thought.

What was the case with them?

Please, let me know how you are going to flush the hydrulic lines and valves that pass through the shocks (the bump-stops).

If you want some more power, I suggest you check the carbs and, more important, the ignition advance system.

If you'll get me some timing that you have on idle and 4000 RPM, we can finally sum up what's up with LM002 distributors and I might advise you something. Because, sometimes you won't have the advance you really need.

You should also check timing chains, because they are manually adjustable.

Thanks,

Alex.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Alex! My LM is in great hands and he is fixing everything he can with the timeframe he has.

You are correct that these are the hydraulic bump stops, they were leaking extremely bad and were sent out to get rebuilt. I'm not sure what the process is to rebuild them.

The shocks and springs just got taken off and are getting rebuilt next :)

You are correct that these are the hydraulic bump stops, they were leaking extremely bad and were sent out to get rebuilt. I'm not sure what the process is to rebuild them.

The process of flushing them with fluid goes after you install them. I just couldn't figure out how to flush them on mine.

The bump stops are fed with steering fluid from the steering fluid reservoir under gravity. But if you open fluid bleeding valves, nothing would happen. I just could figure out how to flush them on mine, haha. The only idea I had, but haven't tried is to open the bleeding valves and drive around some bumpy roads, so they'd pump through. Let me know how you end up. :)

Also if you need some window seals (at the bottom) for doors I can supply you some new extra, originals are NLA.

BTW, beware that ugly air pump as on most cars something goes wrong and it end up biting the fan and fan shroud. You can google around to see. I just took off the belt and moved it as far as possible (after I repaired the fan shroud and welded the fan).

I'll be happy to know if you get "clogged filters" sign if you rev it past 5500 RPM on WOT. I got new filters, but maybe the engine is making more power than it should or it might be okay. So I'm curious.

Again, pay a very close attention to the ignition timing. It might be weird and it's okay! So it'd be cool if you check and post the numbers. I wasn't getting full power until I checked it on RPMs.

Here's a kind of LM gathering thread.

Thanks,

Alex.

I decided that the shocks and springs needed some love so they just got pulled off to get fully rebuilt. Its pretty crazy how massive these springs are....

IMG_3672.JPG

IMG_3673.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

Decided that the brake drums could use some love, this is the before picture.....

IMG_3691.JPG

This is them stripped down and cleaned.....

IMG_3693.JPG

Painted and ready to go back on the truck, it's the little details that make the difference....

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3691.JPG

Looks great, congrats again! But it looks like you have fallen into the "I'll-just-do-enough-to-get-it-on-the-road-looking-okay" loop and likely ending up with a complete full-restoration-from-the-ground-up project. Ask me how I know...

Looks great, congrats again! But it looks like you have fallen into the "I'll-just-do-enough-to-get-it-on-the-road-looking-okay" loop and likely ending up with a complete full-restoration-from-the-ground-up project. Ask me how I know...

Haha your so right. It would be getting a full resto but it must be imported soon. Should have her home in a few months :)

Just picked a bright green color for the springs to be powder coated. Should look amazing :)

One of the best and funniest comments in a long time. Ask me too :icon_mrgreen:

Steve is the man when it comes to fixing/restoring Diablo's, Countach's and LM002's!

I seriously can't wait to get her home :)

^ this x 1000. May have chance to see the HULK if he's there next week when I pick up the CT. Congrats!

^ this x 1000. May have chance to see the HULK if he's there next week when I pick up the CT. Congrats!

Thanks Islandguy. The Hulk will still be there so make sure you say hi!!!!!

You must be excited to pick up your CT :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Are there fender liners that go in there or no? It would be pretty easy to fabricate some fiberglass fender liners that are non intrusive and would prevent debris and dirt from getting into the engine bay.

I guess I should have said restored wheel wells, everything inside them was taken apart and cleaned up to look new again. The inner fenders were even repainted.

Both tail light circuit boards are broken so they have been soldered back together....

IMG_3931.JPG

battery has a cracked terminal ends and needs secure mounting so that is getting fixed. Also replacing the battery cut off switch as its faulty....

IMG_4122.JPG

IMG_4119.JPG

Clutch slave is leaking so that will get fixed....

IMG_4138.JPG

Both tail light circuit boards are broken so they have been soldered back together....

How much are new ones? Fairly certain these would be really easy to reproduce through Eagle.

The big thing for me is time. I need the truck done very soon so I can't wait on parts!

Thanks Islandguy. The Hulk will still be there so make sure you say hi!!!!!

You must be excited to pick up your CT :)

Picking her up tomorrow! I'll say Hi to the hulk :icon_mrgreen:

Woo hoo!!!! Everyone loves delivery day :)
Got her back, purring like a kitten. Saw the Hulk today. The suspension work looks GREAT. Pictures don't do it justice. Steve's the man. Hope the shocks come in soon. Thanks Mopar for the door handles! All in all the biggest jaw dropper was this stack of tires in the corner. Oh my...

image6.jpeg