Real estate listings

koenig928

The two house build threads. Gave me an idea. I watch a few areas real estate wise. The area I grew up in is one (Tsawwassen BC), over the last year house prices there have really jumped up. You now can't find a house in my old neighborhood for under $1million. Even small cottages near the beach on postage stamp lots are $1million. Nicer larger executive style homes start at $2million. For what you get at these price points. You are better off building. The bigger the budget the more building makes sense.

After the build threads, I'm sure some are thinking the same I want to build. If like me, have no idea what I want. I need visuals! So instead of a favorite mansions thread. How about houses you like? They can be mansions or just a very nice house. Give people an idea of a place they can build or even find similar where they live.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-F...Columbia-V8M1T9

I like the above. But I hate the location.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-F...Columbia-V2Z0A2

neighbors too close

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-F...Columbia-V2Z3A6

The above is over priced for the area.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-F...Columbia-V4B3S6

nice house. great views. but no property!

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-F...Columbia-V4B1A3

All the above could be improved and built for less money

HAha.

My main point building now is the best option, especially here. Like this just over a million:

http://www.rew.ca/properties/R2038046/273-52a-street-delta

That's what a million gets you near Vancouver. You could buy vacant land for under $500k. Maybe not a big house, but you could build a very nice new house under what they want for that tear down!

A nice house just under a mansion, like the links in my last post. Same area you can buy 80 acres of vacant land for $1.8 million. You could build any of them well under their listing price.

A nice house just under a mansion, like the links in my last post. Same area you can buy 80 acres of vacant land for $1.8 million. You could build any of them well under their listing price.

what is a nice house under a mansion?

I really am not understanding this thread.

mansion? just under a mansion?

what is a nice house under a mansion?

I really am not understanding this thread.

mansion? just under a mansion?

I think he means a nice house that's cheaper and not quite as large as a mansion.

HAha.

My main point building now is the best option, especially here. Like this just over a million:

http://www.rew.ca/properties/R2038046/273-52a-street-delta

That's what a million gets you near Vancouver. You could buy vacant land for under $500k. Maybe not a big house, but you could build a very nice new house under what they want for that tear down!

Wow, that house is a joke for that kind of money. The taxes are reasonable, LOL

Taxes on a house with that value here in Chicago would be $25k-$30K

I think he means a nice house that's cheaper and not quite as large as a mansion.

I'm so out of the loop, what is the official threshold of qualifying for mansion status? I'm sure it's an algorithm of under roof sq/ft and acreage... :eusa_think:

I'm so out of the loop, what is the official threshold of qualifying for mansion status? I'm sure it's an algorithm of under roof sq/ft and acreage... :eusa_think:

I believe it's just above section 8 housing. ;)

Lots of LPers have a wealth of experience building, many of us have built multiple times. Do your math before you begin... make sure there is absolutely nothing on the market that will make you happy, and make sure once you're done your build you've got equity. Nothing like building and moving in upside-down.

I'd say it should be based on what you say as well as the location.

Say 4000 square feet in NYC or SF should qualify for a mansion, whereas in most other cities that number would have to be larger? :eusa_think:

Who uses the word mansion these days?

Its definition varies so much over the years that its true meaning had become obscure if not obsolete altogether.

To complicate things further, for some unexplained reason, apartment high-rises in Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea are usually known as mansion by its genre and some are named exactly that way, e.g. "Parker Mansion", "Hoshino Mansion", "Myungdong Mansion" etc... Individual houses, a relatively rare thing especially in the metropolis areas are often known as villas.

Are you like bored or something like that ? First a long winded post regarding a possible Miata purchase and then this . WTF ?

My dad just listed this house which I'm in love with. They went the route of buying the plot of land and building from scratch.

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/de...malibu-ca-90265

The interior designer/architect should get his ass kicked, that kitchen design so doesn't belong there and he/she went crazy with the exposed recycled timber beams, if they just used it in few selected areas it would've looked a lot more special IMO and yeah where the hell is the Miata ? :eusa_naughty:

:icon_mrgreen:

The interior designer/architect should get his ass kicked, that kitchen design so doesn't belong there and he/she went crazy with the exposed recycled timber beams, if they just used it in few selected areas it would've looked a lot more special IMO and yeah where the hell is the Miata ? :eusa_naughty:

+1 Phenomenal location but I'm not a fan of the house - looks like a few different houses clumped together. Too bad, I think a modern styled house would go on that property a lot better!

Your opinion definitely holds more weight than most so I'll pass it along! There are things that could be better but after being on the property, I looked past it and fell in love. Then again, I'm not the one paying 29mil for it :icon_mrgreen:

Your opinion definitely holds more weight than most so I'll pass it along! There are things that could be better but after being on the property, I looked past it and fell in love. Then again, I'm not the one paying 29mil for it :icon_mrgreen:

The feelings you experience walking through a property can never be conveyed through photos or even video, minor flaws or dislikes will most likely be overlooked and accepted, I fully understand the way you feel, I just pointed out few things I personally dislike but that means very little to someone who loves the place and so it should.

Good luck to your dad selling it :icon_thumleft: