Huracan Superleggera camo pics

FikseSTS

I don't know what you are referring to as the race package. I did not notice anything called that when I configured my car. Perhaps it is the standard matte black finish if you don't choose the style package?

I have paint protection film installed on all my cars for most of the painted and cf panels if not the entire car. If you're going with a special paint like a matte, I would definitely have film installed on all of those panels and have the same film installed on the panels with the same color.

I'm going with an Ad Personam color with the style package so everything is getting film including the forged carbon bits.

the race package covers the most exposed areas like front end, mirrors, rockers etc with clear bra/3m/suntek etc.

my question is with matte paint can I cover just the high risk areas or will it not look right. do I have to wrap the whole car?

ill speak with installer and I'm hoping I get the facts.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the race package covers the most exposed areas like front end, mirrors, rockers etc with clear bra/3m/suntek etc.

my question is with matte paint can I cover just the high risk areas or will it not look right. do I have to wrap the whole car?

ill speak with installer and I'm hoping I get the facts.

From what I've seen you will have to cover the whole thing, I had them test different films on different areas and you can see a difference between protected and not protected matte areas.

From what I've seen you will have to cover the whole thing, I had them test different films on different areas and you can see a difference between protected and not protected matte areas.

that's what I was afraid of. thanks for the info!

She said about half a dozen things that were not accurate. And we almost saw the panties... Otherwise cool vid.

^

:lol:

I had protective films on Contach rear fenders, that are very exposed to the road debris (a disaster): they help a lot, but they just reduce the damage as the hardest hits cross the film and damage the paint. It was a very thick film, very visible, but wasn't enough. This said, it reduces the damage by ten times even if it doesn't protect enough to avoit the paint shop.

ciao

That's why I didn't want to pay 20k + for a fancy color. Would be impossible to match and the car would be worthless to me after as a mismatch would royally piss me off. Regular bullshit gloss white, which is what I ordered, is super easy to match, in case I have to paint something.

Agreed, $20K for a fancy color is crazy.

She said about half a dozen things that were not accurate. And we almost saw the panties... Otherwise cool vid.

She use to be hot but ya I don't know wtf happened. Gone of the way of many an instagram model I suppose.

She use to be hot but ya I don't know wtf happened. Gone of the way of many an instagram model I suppose.

Or a lot of cheeseburgers. Seems nice though. :)

Are most people going for the centre locks or the Narvi wheels?

I think the centre locks wheels are only cool because they're centre locks but think the Narvi actually look better.

Can't decide myself.

Are most people going for the centre locks or the Narvi wheels?

I think the centre locks wheels are only cool because they're centre locks but think the Narvi actually look better.

Can't decide myself.

I agree, I think the centre lock wheels themselves look terrible I wish Narvi was centrelock.

Hey man! When you say something like this you gotta give us a timestamp......

I must investigate.

One more thing I'll add about Xpel is if you get the "Stealth" protection made for matte paints and you install it on a car with gloss paint you will get a matte finish.

This may have been discussed and if so I apologize. But is there a long lead time if for Delivery is an HP is ordered new?

I was told today - October

This may have been discussed and if so I apologize. But is there a long lead time if for Delivery is an HP is ordered new?

Think depends on dealer and when order placed.

Also others have said early slots filled.

I am expecting delivery August, spec'd in February.

I was told I could expect to have mine before the Lambo plant has its mandatory shut down in Sep. So August/September sometime I am hoping but I do have a feeling that it will be delayed.

They had one that the Lamborghini of Sterling (DC area) C&C today. Looked awesome. Leo's TT SL looks just as appealing though!

A bit of both, pretty much one outing and the whole front bar film must be replaced. I went on a run by myself so I wasn't following other cars on an organized run or a race track, I remember few bikes passed me and probably they threw some gravel up, I expected the film to be more resistant.

My advice, protect it but don't trust it, drive as if you don't have it on, the thing is, the paint might not be damaged underneath (haven't checked yet too busy to take it back) but the film is damaged so it still looks rubbish, if the paint is damaged it was an absolute waste of time and money.

post-7524-1490426944_thumb.jpg

Hi Fortis,

sorry to see that ding on your trunk lid :(

It looks like a sharp edged bit of basalt aggregate/stone hit your trunk lid from the look of the tear in the film.

That's the geologist coming out in me:)

I don't think any brand of film would stop that.

On one of my drives to Sydney from Perth, a bit of rock fell off a truck I was following and put a small dent in the trunk lid, but virtually no damage to the Xpel film. The rock must have had a rounded shape. Dealer did a dentless removal and you could hardly tell where the dent was afterwards on the trunk lid and on the film.

I am currently having my Grigio Lynx LP paint corrected, then suntek filmed and then glass coated with 22PLE VX1 PRO Glass Coating by Benzene Detailing here in Perth, in preparation for a trip to the snowy mountains on 1-3 May 2016 with David Thomas of Driving Adventures. - pic attached.

http://autohaushamilton.com.au/news/events...ns-1-3-may-2017

In preparation for the treatment underway, I peeled off the old xpel film (3 years old). The trick to pulling off the film to minimise adhesive sticking to the original paint and clear told to me by Yusree who will apply the suntek film, is to pull the film off , pulling it off away from you. So stand behind the film and pull it up so it comes off in the direction you are facing.

I just had my XKE go through the process, but no film, just paint correction and glass coating and I must say looks great. The glass coating really makes the paint pop.- pic attached

Apologies for the quality of the pics.

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

post-130322-1491067451.jpg

post-130322-1491067809.jpg

post-130322-1491067827_thumb.jpg

Lamboperth your Jag looks fantastic, I am not sure what type of rocks were on this particular road, they did cut the film, it doesn't look like the panels are dented, maybe the paint is marked, I will take the car in to have the film pulled off when I have some spare time.

Your upcoming trip sounds great I hope you will have a great time :icon_thumleft: