new VB exhaust for the SV!

SV-N-IT

it will be interesting to see how this brand works out.

italians, german, japanese, taiwanese and americans have all been branding with success. the exclusivity will need some awesome sound and performance to back it up. then, people will want more -- flame throwing etc.

titanium is nice but pricey for 5lbs less than SS.

With all that piping, it's likely more than a five pound weight reduction. Also, titanium has better heat transfer and sound properties over stainless.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

That's a really good looking exhaust system from the pictures but performance wise, it is a complete waste of money for the street, nobody will notice the difference. And the stock car is fast enough and loud enough.

Good luck to them.

Nope, I through out numbers as some hinting, seemed to be in the $50-$60k range installed.

They had it on this SV.

Love the plate!

60k for an exhaust? :rolleyes:

Does this help the excitement??

That's so beautiful it would be a shame to install on the car.

BTW it's US$35k plus installation.

That's so beautiful it would be a shame to install on the car.

BTW it's US$35k plus installation.

better, but still 3x the price as the factory race system that comes with software upgrade for 10% more power and covered under warranty.

better, but still 3x the price as the factory race system that comes with software upgrade for 10% more power and covered under warranty.

Dont count on the factory doing anything. I have been in contact with one of our members 07pearl here and he just had the race exhaust and tune done on this Aventador. He dyno'd the car before and after and gained nothing and in some areas lost power. To be truthful i think he gained 15hp but sure as hell was not "10%." And this was on the same dyno before and after. What sucks is that he lost power in other areas as well. Needless to say he was highly pissed after dropping major coin to get factory and didnt fare well at all. The factory response was basically "oh well it is what it is"

That's one of the issues, it's not street legal and not sure if covered by warranty. I like to stay OEM I don't like headaches.

Dont count on the factory doing anything. I have been in contact with one of our members 07pearl here and he just had the race exhaust and tune done on this Aventador. He dyno'd the car before and after and gained nothing and in some areas lost power. To be truthful i think he gained 15hp but sure as hell was not "10%." And this was on the same dyno before and after. What sucks is that he lost power in other areas as well. Needless to say he was highly pissed after dropping major coin to get factory and didnt fare well at all. The factory response was basically "oh well it is what it is"

I've heard a similar story.

10% sounds awfully optimistic for a high performance stocker. I'm not buying a 75hp improvement from a muffler upgrade. Why would the factory leave that kind of performance on the table? I'm sure they would have done just about anything to call it an LP-800 if it was possible.

10% sounds awfully optimistic for a high performance stocker. I'm not buying a 75hp improvement from a muffler upgrade. Why would the factory leave that kind of performance on the table? I'm sure they would have done just about anything to call it an LP-800 if it was possible.

so you can buy the next year's model which will be LP-800 :icon_mrgreen:

Rule #1 in business, never show all your cards.

The only way these cars gain any horsepower from exhausts system is with the removal of the primary catalytic converters along with adding the aftermarket exhaust system. Testing we did at SP years ago on all the cars showed the same progress. Little to no horsepower gains with just exhaust. But once we removed the primary cats, it was game on. That's why the MS Racing Stage 2 was so successful..on top of sounding better then anything else.

I'm pretty sure a machine did all the welding on those exhausts...

tomorrow morning I have an appointment with VB in person, here in Italy. If anyone here likes it, I can ask him some details about his new special and limited SV Exhaust: I will write here the result of that small "interview".

Hope you will appreciate this: if there are some (just technical) questions about the exhaust, I will ask him: but please write here what you would like to know before 09.00 CET of tomorrow morning.

ciao

Ok, you are all shy and you don't want to ask anything to VB...

So, as I'm an engineer, a Lambo enthusiast and a very courious guy, I will ask him this:

1) What's the reason why you had the Idea to produce that exhaust?

2) Where it's built?

3) Is it really hand welded?

4) 350 hours each exhaust: they are many, could you tell us the reason why it takes so many time?

5) Does it require an ECU tuning?, if yes, who can do it?

6) is it street legal?

7) do you loose the car warranty, if you install it?

Anything else?

ciao

Will he create an exhaust system for other Lamborghini too?

A very interesting question: I will ask him for sure.

Thank you very much

ciao