10 SV's for sale right now!

alpha6164

Was on ebay just about an hour ago and i counted 10 different Aventador SVs for sale right now. I am kind of surprised. Maybe there were a lot of speculative buyers thinking they are gonna flip and make $100+k but it doesnt look like it. The coupes are essentially asking MSRP prices. Hoping they keep coming down so I can pick one up next ear :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't exclusive enough. Total Murcie production was just below 4,000 cars and there are 1,100 Aventador SVs. More than 1/4 of the entire Murcie production. Aventador SV is an insane machine though.

Tons of sv and quite frankly, they don't look that much better than normal av. The 50th is much better.

The sv interior looks cheap in design and there weren't any special colors available that is exclusive to sv. The weight reduction is nice but it isn't limited.

So, lots of cons and not too many pros.

Tons of sv and quite frankly, they don't look that much better than normal av. The 50th is much better.

The sv interior looks cheap in design and there weren't any special colors available that is exclusive to sv. The weight reduction is nice but it isn't limited.

Well i do love the new instrument cluster and definitely cant complain about the new magnetic suspension system. I definitely think it looks better than a normal A. But i am assuming once the Aventador 2.0 is announced at the Geneva show with all the new updates and infotainment system these prices will continue to drop. I am seeing roadster Aventadors in the mid $300s which is awesome for someone like me wanting to step in. There wasnt a roadster for sale less than $400k just up to a couple of months ago.

tough to keep a cars value high when you announce the next model "BEFORE" you even deliver .. the current model. Most SV owners didn't drive their coupes (we put 9000 miles on outs in a month or two and sold it) but most just ordered the next thing (roadster) and now there are spy shots and another ... next thing... being shown before the SV roadster owners drive their cars (we have 9000 miles on our Sv roadster and it is 4 months old. imagine the veneno owner (if you know 1, 2 or 3 of them) if you heard the Veneno Roadster was just "shown" and you didn't get your car yet.... or the centenario owner who hasn't even specked his car and just saw the roadster.

anyway... Lambo... if you are listening ... bring it on... I will buyt the next one as quickly as you can make it and develop it... and I usually put 50k miles on my cars in the 1-2 years waiting for a new model so I guess I am the one who doesn't give a fuk about resale. but for the show and go crowd ... it is a vicious cycle. Lets be honest... it would be nice to lose tens of thousands each time you trade in a car (for me I lose 100k-200k) but cars are not always an investment...

consider a Lamborghini a indulgence; a glorious and expensive .. gratifying reward, but not necessarily an investment

consider a Lamborghini a indulgence; a glorious and expensive .. gratifying reward, but not necessarily an investment

:iamwithstupid: The car bubble is getting ready to burst and the days of car market piracy are coming to a reckoning. For Lambo, they don't care about resale value, they only make their money on the front end purchase, so they need to build and sell continuously to keep their doors open, profits up, and share holders happy. A lot of dealers and resalers where hoping to get well beyond the $650k range for SV cars because they want to maximize their profits too, but reality is coming: Car's aren't an investment. At least not a good one to bet one. So for dealers and flippers, the margins are getting thinner as cars become more assable and people get more and more options.

Buy it, drive it, enjoy it. Too many people buy these things and don't actually enjoy them because they're too afraid of losing $$$ every time the odometer goes up. The old saying holds true: "Not driving your car because you don't want to put miles on it is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more enjoyable for the next guy."

To me the SV is the best looking, sounding, and spec'd car in the Aventador range and for what you get, it's a crazy amount of car for the cash, considering everything near it costs double (mid-egnined, NA, V12). 1,100 total SV's is still a relatively small number, and who knows how many they actually made (Like the 350 Murci SV's but in reality they could only move 160ish), Lambo will probably make near 8-9,000 Aventadors by the time it's life cycle is done. With the way car purchasing laws are written plenty of people can order cars with a relatively small deposit ($35k for an Aventador SV) and that deposit is fully refundable in case you change your mind, back out, or financial situation changes. So the car then becomes the dealers problem. Most likely that's what is being seen here; dealers had deposits, the person taking delivery backed out, now the dealer is stuck with a $500k problem they need to move asap before they start losing money on it.

Salamone hit the nail on the head perfectly...somewhere along the line when everyone began to commodify everything they forgot the initial purpose of things: Supercars are toys. Expensive, unnecessary indulgences that are fun ways to burn disposable income. There are plenty of worse ways to loose money so why not enjoy the car instead of becoming a slave to it's market value?

5ae20d84d7aacca89e0d8bcd9ddabd8207a5cc3121eb31f488544efa636ed85c.jpg

:iamwithstupid: The car bubble is getting ready to burst and the days of car market piracy are coming to a reckoning. For Lambo, they don't care about resale value, they only make their money on the front end purchase, so they need to build and sell continuously to keep their doors open, profits up, and share holders happy. A lot of dealers and resalers where hoping to get well beyond the $650k range for SV cars because they want to maximize their profits too, but reality is coming: Car's aren't an investment. At least not a good one to bet one. So for dealers and flippers, the margins are getting thinner as cars become more assable and people get more and more options.

It's almost like 2010 all over again. The murcie SV came out and ended up not selling well because of a bubble burst and the new model coming around the corner. It was a pretty awesome car though as current prices show.

They aren't exclusive enough. Total Murcie production was just below 4,000 cars and there are 1,100 Aventador SVs. More than 1/4 of the entire Murcie production. Aventador SV is an insane machine though.

And this is why I'm looking at an SV .... LP670.

The uniqueness in the AV SV has been diluted by shear mass production numbers.

It will definitely depreciate....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...no matter how wrong it is :nhl_fight:

It's almost like 2010 all over again. The murcie SV came out and ended up not selling well because of a bubble burst and the new model coming around the corner. It was a pretty awesome car though as current prices show.

Right, the LP670 SV is an awesome machine, but it did come in at a fairly bad time... prices are up due to rarity but again...and here's the trick...ASKING prices aren't SELLING prices. So just because LP670 SV's are being advertised as $450,000+ cars doesn't mean that is what they are actually selling for. Ferrari Enzo's for are a prime example...All the listings say the car is $3 million yet what they are actually selling for is way below that...in the $2.2 million range. Don't let the headlines fool you.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...no matter how wrong it is :nhl_fight:

Right, the LP670 SV is an awesome machine, but it did come in at a fairly bad time... prices are up due to rarity but again...and here's the trick...ASKING prices aren't SELLING prices. So just because LP670 SV's are being advertised as $450,000+ cars doesn't mean that is what they are actually selling for. Ferrari Enzo's for are a prime example...All the listings say the car is $3 million yet what they are actually selling for is way below that...in the $2.2 million range. Don't let the headlines fool you.

Well, I can tell you, at least for me..we are NOT selling any LP670-4SV cars at less then $450K...everyone I have sold, and dare I say thats quite a few...have all been pretty darn close to our asking price...which has ranged in the $480K range.

The 670 SV is a special car, due to its limited numbers... not to mention it is the LAST OF THE TRUE LAMBORGHINI heritage using the V12 block.

I think the SV will remain were it is trading AND will rise as the years go on...yes it is that special of a car and the closing of a time never to be seen again for car builders.

Well, I can tell you, at least for me..we are NOT selling any LP670-4SV cars at less then $450K...everyone I have sold, and dare I say thats quite a few...have all been pretty darn close to our asking price...which has ranged in the $480K range.

The 670 SV is a special car, due to its limited numbers... not to mention it is the LAST OF THE TRUE LAMBORGHINI heritage using the V12 block.

I think the SV will remain were it is trading AND will rise as the years go on...yes it is that special of a car and the closing of a time never to be seen again for car builders.

Love it. Not a lot of folks share the nitty gritty on prices but you do it often and it's much appreciated!

Aren't you guys under the false presumption that all limited cars either retain or increase in value? Look at the 50th Anniversario, limited to 100 cars and many are selling well below MSRP, yet it is a much more limited car to the SV.

And this is why I'm looking at an SV .... LP670.

The uniqueness in the AV SV has been diluted by shear mass production numbers.

It will definitely depreciate....

Exactly. 168 made, badass design, last production car with the original V12, notably different then the base model, etc. I think it will be one of the most iconic Lamborghinis ever made at some point.

Exactly. 168 made, badass design, last production car with the original V12, notably different then the base model, etc. I think it will be one of the most iconic Lamborghinis ever made at some point.

Only time will tell...The Aventador SV could be the next Ferrari F40 for all we know. The Ferrari F40 had a production run of 1,200 units (100 more than the current SV), at the time was the best and fastest from Ferrari (the Aventador SV is the same for lambo now) and the F40 to this day is still considered the greatest driver's car due to it's setup (a mid-engined, naturally aspirated v12 paired with a single clutch makes it a true rarity from a setup perspective). We all know what F40 prices are today, so it's not crazy to think that Aventador SV prices might one day exceed $1 million... or they might dive bomb and fall to $220,000 asking. Porsche Carrera GT's where msrp $440,000 but a lot where moved for nearly half that back in the early 2000's...$260,000 or less in some cases. Now the asking prices are crazy at $700,000+, and no one back in 2007 thought they would get to where they are today.

As with anything, a lot depends on who you ask, even within the Lambo fan community. For some people the Murci SV is a badass machine and end of and era. For others, the Murci is the car that "ruined the purity" because it was a transitional car that was more Audi than Lamborghini, hence why they couldn't move all 350 planned units.

For the Aventador SV a lot will depend on what happens in the Aventador line...How will the facelift be, and will there be an SV version of the facelift? When they where making the Diablo SV's the 20 of 20 Monterey Edition cars where thought at the time to be the future top classic spot for the SV, but it turns out that people wanted the 99 SV's more due to the fixed head lamps. That tide could shift tomorrow for all we know, but a limited numbered car doesn't always guarantee that the demand will be there. Just like high production number don't always mean that the car's price will plummet.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

Personally it's important for me to living in the moment, living in the present, buy it and enjoy it now.

The biggest issue I see, there are a lot of punters out here who stretch themselves to the max in order to get into an exotic, that's certainly not a fun position to be in, I'd rather dream about them than overextend, if depreciation is your concern stay out of new exotics, limited edition or not.

:iamwithstupid:

you also have to remember when you see 10 cars listed probably half of those are real cars in inventory. the other half are either incoming, consigned, or owners cars that say yes for 100k over ill sell. this is the same issue with GT3RS or 911R.

I personally agree with Roy the SV will stay here or only rise! I feel Lambo knocked it out of the park with this car and with 500 world wide things should only get better for resale IMO

:iamwithstupid:

you also have to remember when you see 10 cars listed probably half of those are real cars in inventory. the other half are either incoming, consigned, or owners cars that say yes for 100k over ill sell. this is the same issue with GT3RS or 911R.

I personally agree with Roy the SV will stay here or only rise! I feel Lambo knocked it out of the park with this car and with 500 world wide things should only get better for resale IMO

Not in this case. All ten cars have buy it now prices and they are real inventory cars. Most of them have 1-2k miles on them so they are definitely for sale and not asking $100k over invoice.

the SV looks much better than the 50th

and the F40 to this day is still considered the greatest driver's car due to it's setup (a mid-engined, naturally aspirated v12 paired with a single clutch makes it a true rarity from a setup perspective).

The F40 has a twin turbo V8 bud

Not in this case. All ten cars have buy it now prices and they are real inventory cars. Most of them have 1-2k miles on them so they are definitely for sale and not asking $100k over invoice.

I'm sure most are coupes that were traded in for roadsters. (like mine will be in 7 weeks)

its almost impossible to tell if they are real inventory (sitting on a lot) or not. I know a lot of guys who ordered roadsters which are being delivered as we speak and selling coupes. either way I hope lots of people buy the SV at a great price so we can all share the awesome experience. I still think for the price nothing comes close to the looks, performance, exclusivity, etc..

I saw 9 listed and 2 were roadsters 100-150k over. the coupes look good at 2k miles at msrp. great buy IMO (I think msrp is the floor)

I always find a comment made, followed by "Bud" as rude and condescending...just IMO.

I meant to say "the SV is a mid-engined, naturally aspirated v12 paired with a single clutch makes it a true rarity from a setup perspective."

The F40 always frustrates me because it's a turbo charged car but modern gear heads have this double standard where they rip all modern cars for having turbos yet praise the F40 because it has them :jackoff: