2.5 seconds to 60 MPH Video

FikseSTS

You said it makes 90 more HP then the last ludicrous version..how much total did it make?

Video said 760hp.

Cool car. If it leased at 1k a month Id get one.. for 2k+ a month not soo much.

750$ a month i would do it.

Brook, what did it read on max G , I bet it saw 1.2- 1.3 off the line.

Cool car. If it leased at 1k a month Id get one.. for 2k+ a month not soo much.

Consider that this car requires zero fuel expenditures and minimal maintenance.

it's in the 1.3g area..... I really don't see how it does it, it's on regular 245/45/19 tires and it's just goes...

750$ a month i would do it.

Brook, what did it read on max G , I bet it saw 1.2- 1.3 off the line.

looks like I'll be racing the P100D in my Huracan tomorrow at PBIR.... he has never drag raced before, so it will probably be hard to get an even start, I can't let him go first, I would never catch him...

Consider that this car requires zero fuel expenditures and minimal maintenance.

Doesn't matter. This is a 140k car. Even if it had a 75% residual at 24 months, you divide the depreciation by 24 months, that leaves you with 1458 in just depreciation before you add in any interest. Not sure how you make 1k per month work.

there were some big discounts on the outgoing P90DL which dropped the lease payments below $1k....

Doesn't matter. This is a 140k car. Even if it had a 75% residual at 24 months, you divide the depreciation by 24 months, that leaves you with 1458 in just depreciation before you add in any interest. Not sure how you make 1k per month work.

there were some big discounts on the outgoing P90DL which dropped the lease payments below $1k....

Yes, but that isn't the car we were talking about. He was talking about the P100D for 1k per month. I saw some great deals on the non Ludicrous cars too. It will be a while until they make this car obsolete I think, and then you can grab one for that money.

Have you tried the updated AutoPilot yet?

Once batteries get small/efficient enough I won't be surprised if we see 2000+ hp supercars soon....Imagine the size of electric motor that would fit were the Aventador's V12 sits....The question is, would you want a silent 2000 hp supercar? or a loud 1000 hp one?

Once batteries get small/efficient enough I won't be surprised if we see 2000+ hp supercars soon....Imagine the size of electric motor that would fit were the Aventador's V12 sits....The question is, would you want a silent 2000 hp supercar? or a loud 1000 hp one?

Exactly. I've been in a Tesla and albeit impressive, it has no "soul". Felt like I was in a fast golf cart. Launching 0-60 or 0-100 gets old after a dozen times. The sound of a big V12 or high reving V8/V10, or growl of a cammed V8, just can't beat it.

Would anyone like to go to a Indy Race or NASCAR race with quiet cars running around?

You guys are missing the point. You will never replace the raw power or sound of a V 12 and that feeling you get from a IC vehicle. It makes a great second car. But for a daily driver, I love the quietness and the responsiveness of my Tesla. I would not own any other vehicle at this point for a daily driver. I didn't math calculation on my first year owning a Tesla. I had a BMW X5 as a daily driver and I spent between maintenance and fuel, $4100 annually. Now granted, that was back when fuel was three dollars a gallon, but maintenance on BMW is expensive. Every time I brought it in for an oil change it seem like there was some other shit that they needed to nickel and dime me on. But my first year ownership with a Tesla, with the same miles, I spent $683 on electricity and maintenance. That is almost a $300 a month savings in fuel as well as maintenance. The savings is less when gas is around two dollars a gallon, but I don't believe gas will stay there. I think we're destined to see four dollar gas, sometime soon again. Then the savings is even more substantial. But for daily commute, having that immediate power to jump onto the freeway or get around traffic, nothing compares to it.

http://www.rimac-automobili.com/en/

You guys are missing the point. You will never replace the raw power or sound of a V 12 and that feeling you get from a IC vehicle. It makes a great second car. But for a daily driver, I love the quietness and the responsiveness of my Tesla. I would not own any other vehicle at this point for a daily driver. I didn't math calculation on my first year owning a Tesla. I had a BMW X5 as a daily driver and I spent between maintenance and fuel, $4100 annually. Now granted, that was back when fuel was three dollars a gallon, but maintenance on BMW is expensive. Every time I brought it in for an oil change it seem like there was some other shit that they needed to nickel and dime me on. But my first year ownership with a Tesla, with the same miles, I spent $683 on electricity and maintenance. That is almost a $300 a month savings in fuel as well as maintenance. The savings is less when gas is around two dollars a gallon, but I don't believe gas will stay there. I think we're destined to see four dollar gas, sometime soon again. Then the savings is even more substantial. But for daily commute, having that immediate power to jump onto the freeway or get around traffic, nothing compares to it.

:iamwithstupid:

My question is at what speed does the sheer acceleration replace/equal the joy of the noise? Would you want a supercar that maybe does 60-130 in 1.5 seconds or something ridiculous and not make any noise?

Well, I think this car is more tailored towards S Class, 7 series, etc and with those cars, you want smoothness, responsiveness, power, and a quiet cabin. I think this car is the ultimate DD. I for one, welcome less road noise. Cars create way too much noise pollution.

Imagine a long wheelbase, luxury version of a Model S. Probably not a huge market for it, but that would be cool.

What would also be cool, is a new roadster. The batteries just keep getting better, insane.

My question is at what speed does the sheer acceleration replace/equal the joy of the noise? Would you want a supercar that maybe does 60-130 in 1.5 seconds or something ridiculous and not make any noise?

Nice to see such impressive acceleration, and the style isn't too bad either. Remember how funky and slow the electric cars were when they first came out? But I did have a fun green light acceleration run a few weeks ago with a Tesla against my modified Pantera, and it was so odd not to hear any noise from the Tesla. Not saying it was a good or bad thing, but it was just an odd race experience. I bet all the Tesla owner neighbors just love them, rather than warming up their rumbling exotic in the driveway.

For a daily, I welcome the acceleration and quietness. It's weird, you just don't seem to care in this car. But I could not stand it in any of my Lambos.