Lambo accident Delray Florida

FLHOMESITE

If it was just the front end, I'd say the damage to the front could easily be done by a 4-5k side hit. But that a-pillar...

Typo on this one.

If it was just the front end, I'd say the damage to the front could easily be done by a 4000-5000lb vehicle and a side hit. But that a-pillar...

No way in the world he was going 100 mph. Not a million years. He was probably doing 55mph. The SUV doesn't have enough damage for 100 either. If I was guessing at what happened, 82 year old Uber driver is older, slower, and taking his time, had no idea that someone would be coming that fast, nor should he, and he pulled out to cross the intersection or to enter the lane of traffic. This is what happens when you double the speed limit in your car. The Lambo guy will do time, but hardly enough.

In this video (at 01:01) you can clearly see a split second of impact. Poor old guy got his life taken away.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-palm-bea...eadly-car-crash

Not 100 mph... 100 MPH on a mid/rear engine car is catastrophic damage.... The front wheel becomes even with the rear wheel.... This damage is relatively minor in comparison... he may have been going 10 over but thats probably all...

As far as witnesses, LOUD equals FAST... which in v12 land isnt always the case.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbust.../100-mph-crash/

The video shows what I expected; 82-year-old driver crossing into traffic, leaving little to no time to react for a speeding driver.

Murci driver is not completely at fault and will likely receive a major fine and either a long probation or a relatively short stay in prison (

Drinking or sober, There is no stopping for that regardless when someone pulls out in front of you like that. The 82yr old most likely didn't see the lambo and pulled out. Such a shame, but that video shows he pulled out in front of the lambo.

Murci driver had right of way.
If he had been going the speed limit maybe the SUV would have cleared the intersection safely.

The SUV was making a left and has to yield to cross traffic - but if the Murci driver had been going the speed limit he might have been able to react to avoid collision, or maybe there would have been enough space/time that a collision wasn't imminent.

Very sad situation.

With the murci driver speeding and possibly impaired - is there contributory cause on the part of the SUV driver for failing to yield properly to cross traffic?

Not 100 mph... 100 MPH on a mid/rear engine car is catastrophic damage.... The front wheel becomes even with the rear wheel.... This damage is relatively minor in comparison... he may have been going 10 over but thats probably all...

As far as witnesses, LOUD equals FAST... which in v12 land isnt always the case.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbust.../100-mph-crash/

I have no clue how fast the Murci was going, but I was thinking that hitting a brick wall (as MB shown in your video) at any speed will cause much greater damage than hitting a moving object at a similar speed, no?

If he had been going the speed limit maybe the SUV would have cleared the intersection safely.

The SUV was making a left and has to yield to cross traffic - but if the Murci driver had been going the speed limit he might have been able to react to avoid collision, or maybe there would have been enough space/time that a collision wasn't imminent.

Very sad situation.

With the murci driver speeding and possibly impaired - is there contributory cause on the part of the SUV driver for failing to yield properly to cross traffic?

If the difference between making it and a collision is the other driver going the speed limit, that's cutting it too close. There's no way I'm going to make a left in front of oncoming traffic if a guy going even 25-30 over could possibly hit me. What if my car stalls or I suddenly can't complete the turn for some reason?

Think about how late someone would have to start turning in front of you for you to t-bone him/her if you were going, say, 50 in a 35.

There is no way the impact happend at 100 mph, the cars would've been blow to smithereens if that was the case and I am sure all involved would've been dead.

Unfortunately the older guy must've lost some of his reflexes misjudged the idiot's speed and paid with his life :(

If the difference between making it and a collision is the other driver going the speed limit, that's cutting it too close. There's no way I'm going to make a left in front of oncoming traffic if a guy going even 25-30 over could possibly hit me. What if my car stalls or I suddenly can't complete the turn for some reason?

Think about how late someone would have to start turning in front of you for you to t-bone him/her if you were going, say, 50 in a 35.

I'm not suggesting anyone rely on cross traffic obeying speed limits. Sometimes oncoming speed is tough to judge and if you figure people are going the "typical" speed (and not double, for example) then you might make the turn not knowing they are closing significantly faster.

And even though the Murci appeared to have right of way - he isn't supposed to be speeding. I don't know how fault works but I'm curious if the SUV driver bears some responsibility from a liability standpoint.

Unfortunately it's proven as a dangerous intersection, and if it were me making the left I'd be waiting until I felt I had a comfortable window, and I'd probably avoid going that way in favor of a safer way to go. I would assume the SUV driver figured he could turn safely or he wouldn't have entered the intersection. He misjudged the speed of the murci (is my assumption). Obviously we'll never know for sure since he didn't survive.

I assume that the admission of drinking by the murci driver hurts his position.

I have no clue how fast the Murci was going, but I was thinking that hitting a brick wall (as MB shown in your video) at any speed will cause much greater damage than hitting a moving object at a similar speed, no?

No... Impact is impact... At 100 mph cars become unrecognizable...

I eyewitnessed (testified etc) a T-bone accident when I was in law school.... The vehicle that was struck was a large "Uhaul" type ambulance. The striking vehicle (a much smaller/lighter honda) was going roughly 50-60 at the time of impact (didnt brake). I was unable to tell any appreciable difference between what happened and her actually striking a brick wall.... She BOUNCED off and came BACKWARDS roughly 30 feet after the strike.

Her car came fcuking apart when it hit the much larger vehicle at speed. She needed to be extracted, and it was difficult to ascertain what kind of car she was in... (from what I could see there was no appreciable damage to the ambulance, but the patient in back did die). Yeah... The ambulance weighs more than an SUV... But not that much...

Ive also seen enough accident reports and failure analysis reconstruction to get a pretty good idea of what happens at typical HIGHWAY SPEEDS.. And its worse than those photos.

If he was drinking, its presumptively felony DUI... (He MIGHT be able to overcome that, but its an uphill battle) And probably his ass... But yeah, he didnt have much time to react either way...

WHat do you mean? It's simple physics. Just add the forces. 100mph going east hits a vehicle that's going 0mph east equals a 100 mph collision even if the MB had a velocity of 100mph north. If the merc was going 90mph east it would have been a 10mph collision and if the mb was going 10 mph west it would have been a 110mph collision. That's why head on is the worst, the additive vectors.

I bet that Murci wasn't going north of 45-50 mph. That guy drinking (and I am a staunch anti DUI guy) had nothing to do with that. He pulled that SUV right in front of him. I think that the SUV driver's view was compromised with the car that crossed the road in the opposite direction and he didn't the low slung sports car coming. Even if he was going the speed limit, the crash would have happened. He hit him square in the front wheel/door, a tiny bit less speed puts him in the B pillar. Unfortunate, tragic, there should certainly be a light there.

I bet that Murci wasn't going north of 45-50 mph. That guy drinking (and I am a staunch anti DUI guy) had nothing to do with that. He pulled that SUV right in front of him. I think that the SUV driver's view was compromised with the car that crossed the road in the opposite direction and he didn't the low slung sports car coming. Even if he was going the speed limit, the crash would have happened. He hit him square in the front wheel/door, a tiny bit less speed puts him in the B pillar. Unfortunate, tragic, there should certainly be a light there.

Right.

Full video of the crash in this article. http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-palm-bea...-have-past-duis

The Murci and Porsche drivers do not appear to be racing. The Porsche driver is following at a speed and distance that allows her to stop in a controlled manner before the point of contact/intersection.

that vid says a lot IMO. I think it will all come down to how fast they can prove the murci was going.

yes the suv should have seen him, but if he was going way over the speed limit than there is no way the suv can judge properly.

One of the bystander videos in that article shows that the Porsche driver parked the car in the lot of the restaurant that owns the security camera. That does not appear to be perfectly consistent with 'fleeing the scene.' She likely called someone and was advised to leave since she legally was not involved beyond knowing and driving behind the Murci driver.

One of the bystander videos in that article shows that the Porsche driver parked the car in the lot of the restaurant that owns the security camera. That does not appear to be perfectly consistent with 'fleeing the scene.' She likely called someone and was advised to leave since she legally was not involved beyond knowing and driving behind the Murci driver.

I was wondering about this as well.

If you are not involved in the accident are you legally required to stop and stay at the scene?

that vid says a lot IMO. I think it will all come down to how fast they can prove the murci was going.

yes the suv should have seen him, but if he was going way over the speed limit than there is no way the suv can judge properly.

Guy wasn't going 100 but he was definitely going over 50, either way, way too fast for that street and area.

Guy wasn't going 100 but he was definitely going over 50, either way, way too fast for that street and area.

:iamwithstupid: I was in that exact spot yesterday and 45 felt like it was to fast. lots of people, cars, congestion etc

I'm all for having fun with my Lambo that's what it is for but there are places & times for that & a residential area is not the place ever. I understand though it seems to me like he might have only been going about 50 & the uber driver could have pulled in front of him who knows or on the other hand him & his wife driving side by side kind of racing a little could have blown though a stop sign & hit him. Either way a man is dead & if they would have been driving normally & not drunk he could have reacted & avoided it most likely.

I'm all for having fun with my Lambo that's what it is for but there are places & times for that & a residential area is not the place ever. I understand though it seems to me like he might have only been going about 50 & the uber driver could have pulled in front of him who knows or on the other hand him & his wife driving side by side kind of racing a little could have blown though a stop sign & hit him. Either way a man is dead & if they would have been driving normally & not drunk he could have reacted & avoided it most likely.

:iamwithstupid: