Miura barn find !!

beatby6

Wtf.. he must live right by me. Thats where I take pics of my cars, and he passes by the benz dealer I bought my car at. Beautiful car.

Beautiful car. The new owner definitely worked some magic to get it and has taken the right approach to treat it properly. Who knows what he may have paid.

i saw this car at the La school of art design car show a few months back, it is absolutely perfect in person.

i had no idea the provenance of the car at the time though, great video

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Very nice car for sure, he beat me at Pebble! :)

He got lots of well deserved credit from the judges for the car be unrestored.

Doesn't it always seem like the seller in these barn find stories always gets the shaft?

:iamwithstupid:

Not much appreciation of this story or how it was acquired.

waiting for someone to die, then to unfairly acquire their car from an estate for a price well under market value. NOT COOL!

Frankly VERY DISGUSTING!

:iamwithstupid:

Not much appreciation of this story or how it was acquired.

waiting for someone to die, then to unfairly acquire their car from an estate for a price well under market value. NOT COOL!

Frankly VERY DISGUSTING!

Maybe the old man didn't want to part with it while he was alive.

Who knows when it was bought either. 10 years ago these werent worth near what they are now.

I hope he was joking about his ashes, I wouldn't have it for free with his ashes in the car LOL

You could always put his ashes in the spare tire. No one would know. LOL :eusa_shhh:

Who knows when it was bought either. 10 years ago these werent worth near what they are now.

Agreed. Also, think about it. Earl really wouldn't care what the car sold for once he died. He would just care that it went to the person that would love it the most.. So IMO it went to the proper person and I am sure Earl would feel the same way.

Agreed. Also, think about it. Earl really wouldn't care what the car sold for once he died. He would just care that it went to the person that would love it the most.. So IMO it went to the proper person and I am sure Earl would feel the same way.

Agreed but there's something slimey about stalking the guy and weasaling into his life with "knock, knock, hey I hear you're a car guy" line.

Agreed but there's something slimey about stalking the guy and weasaling into his life with "knock, knock, hey I hear you're a car guy" line.

+1 - The buyers whole M/O about meeting the old guy and befriending him was all about snaking the car from him or his family and keeping anyone else from acquiring it. Sleezy IMO.

I am pretty sure I met the guy and saw the car at Concorso Italiano in 2013. It was not in such amazing shape at the time. It looked original and like it had been enjoyed. The owner was super nice and spent some time talking with me. I think he had had it for a while in 2013.

I remember talking to Al Burtoni's shop in 2000 and they were offering a Miura P400 for $85,000 (running and in good shape). These crazy prices are a new trend. I can't fault the guy for getting a good deal on it. If he bought it in 2011 or 2012, the going rate for a rough non-running S model would have been around $300,000 at best.... no? If he bought it in the early to mid 2000s, he could probably have gotten it for under $100,000. His current value is based on crazy price increases and a superb refurbishing.

I don't think he 'snaked' anything. Apparently he befriended a lonely old guy for 5 years. And while I gave a cursory look at the video and a search, I didn't see what he bought it for. Chances are the estate looked somewhat into fair value and if-anything, gave him first right of refusal.

The guy wanted the car, did the work, and along the way provided interest and companionship to the prior owner. And BTW - he's keeping the car so he says.

Beats the shit out of how most (scumbag) car dealers procure.

And as for 'not wanting anyone else to know' - I had a verbal deal on what was to be my first Lamborghini. It was a Black/Black Diablo 6.0 and this was over 10 years ago. I made the mistake about sharing my enthusiasm on this very forum. Some f-ing car dealer saw it here, found the car, and 'snaked' my deal. Better believe I learned a hard lesson and now keep every deal on anything very close, until it's in my possession.

I don't think he 'snaked' anything. Apparently he befriended a lonely old guy for 5 years. And while I gave a cursory look at the video and a search, I didn't see what he bought it for. Chances are the estate looked somewhat into fair value and if-anything, gave him first right of refusal.

The guy wanted the car, did the work, and along the way provided interest and companionship to the prior owner. And BTW - he's keeping the car so he says.

Beats the shit out of how most (scumbag) car dealers procure.

And as for 'not wanting anyone else to know' - I had a verbal deal on what was to be my first Lamborghini. It was a Black/Black Diablo 6.0 and this was over 10 years ago. I made the mistake about sharing my enthusiasm on this very forum. Some f-ing car dealer saw it here, found the car, and 'snaked' my deal. Better believe I learned a hard lesson and now keep every deal on anything very close, until it's in my possession.

No shit Howard? Who was the dealer?

You could always put his ashes in the spare tire. No one would know. LOL :eusa_shhh:

I just remember when I had a flat in my Benz and I used that repair kit which injects some messy glue/foam inside the tyre :lol2:

Yeah..... The thought of a noble used car salesman is down right comical.

I have been snaked before.

If you want to pay top price for a car, and make a bunch of other people money in the process, by all means share your barn finds here.

It seems to me that one of the aspects of car collecting in hunting down rare cars and getting them for a deal.

Yep, I think this guy played it perfectly. Since when is it illegal to make a profit in the car business? So it is said.

No shit Howard? Who was the dealer?

I couldn't remember the dealer's name, but in my various searches for pix of Black Lamborghini's over the years - have actually seen their very old ad, still online. So sure enough I just gave a cursory search, and voila:

https://www.motorcars-intl.com/Details/M-39...ni-diablo-60-vt

Yes - it was that very car. It's been so long that I forgot that the car didn't have a Black interior. But that dealer bought that car out from under me. The car had been for sale for at-least a month when I happened upon it in Hemmings (print copy, wasn't online). Shared too much on here, and BAM - lost it.

I'd put a link to that thread right on here, but something weird happened with this forum in 2007 and alot of users got deleted and had to re-up (like me). My membership reads that I joined in February of 2007 but I was on here the prior year.

Looking back, I'm glad that I went with Murcielago's over the next decade. Now that I finally have a Diablo - I appreciate it more. Back then it would have just felt like a dated car, to me. Means more, now.