Aventador SV TT's?

Nolf1023

Would be interesting to see how a TT car would perform on a track in the hands of a pro driver. Which edition of the Gallardo was the most track-oriented? Squadra Corse?

Been hearing a lot that the new Performante is going to have some serious track performance. Obviously there are more capable and focused track cars in this price range (could have a full-on GT3 car for the price of a Performante + turbo system) but showing up to a track day in a 1000+ hp Lambo would be quite a bit of fun.

A track day in a 1000hp Lambo will be less fun than with a stock car , I guarantee you that . The stock cars are fast enough that most people can't drive them 10/10 anyway , but at least there is some safety built into the chassis in the form of understeer.

The TT cars are a total bitch to drive , I had a couple of them on track, did not time any sessions but my guess is that they were slower than the N\a cars . They are not tractable and the suspension setup would need to be totally changed to make a difference

I have a sprint motor on my WSC , 1000 hp as opposed to the endurance motor that has 780hp, lap times at Sebring are about 1 second faster but the car is way more difficult to drive.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has a UGR car ever gone to the ring ? Till it does, the jury is out . Have you ever driven a high HP car on track , besides drag racing ? I highly doubt it.

So stop talking bullshit , i read this section because of members like you who cannot express their opinion without being offensive and insulting people.

+1. Good answer.

A track day in a 1000hp Lambo will be less fun than with a stock car , I guarantee you that . The stock cars are fast enough that most people can't drive them 10/10 anyway , but at least there is some safety built into the chassis in the form of understeer.

The TT cars are a total bitch to drive , I had a couple of them on track, did not time any sessions but my guess is that they were slower than the N\a cars . They are not tractable and the suspension setup would need to be totally changed to make a difference

I have a sprint motor on my WSC , 1000 hp as opposed to the endurance motor that has 780hp, lap times at Sebring are about 1 second faster but the car is way more difficult to drive.

I disagree.

A local tuner shop that specializes in high hp v ettes , a real good friend of mine ,

builds track v ettes for customers and has done so for years. We have a track here in

N Texas (Cresson) and they cannot get enough power into the cars. The more power they put into

them , the faster the lap times. These guys are pros.. they have worked on all my cars over

the last decade, I use their dyno and my friend (owner) has had a lot of seat time in both of my TT Lambos...Past and present. We have had more challenging "spirited" runs on the street than the track can offer. The thing is , the cars are truly not an "on-off" switch..at least my car isn't as it's on pump gas and doesn't make huge , crazy power.... still at Stage 3.. but it's manageable , boost by gear , power. It's more linear than you can imagine. Drives like a stock car until you depress the throttle further. Oh, and when pushing hard.. CCB's will help tame it when coming into a corner hot.

I actually agree with this.

For a track focused car, it is much more easier to control a lower HP car in terms of throttle modulation. I'm talking about most amateur track rats. If you really want to go fast and extract the most out of a car, best to learn from a momentum car to learn handling and braking before harnessing major HP. Anyone can mash on the throttle in a straight line and pull the paddle shifter 3 times to hit 200. I started racing in an Elise with 160 hp and then supercharged it to little over 200 hp then moved to a 211 that weighed 1600 lbs with 265 HP - it was almost too much power to weight for me and boy did I spin that car many a time - ate humble pie. LotusCupUSA used to piggyback with PCA events and the Loti were always in the top 10. It was about power to weight. But the best drivers didn't need crazy HP to use as a crutch...it was about handling, and exit speed at turnout....not mashing on the throttle in a straight line to make up for the apex errors, using HP as a crutch. Of course, the more advanced racing buddies of mine moved on to Radicals...you can't beat those on track! Once you become a better driver sure add HP slowly, otherwise that much power is usually beyond one's capability (on track).

I actually agree with this.

For a track focused car, it is much more easier to control a lower HP car in terms of throttle modulation. I'm talking about most amateur track rats. If you really want to go fast and extract the most out of a car, best to learn from a momentum car to learn handling and braking before harnessing major HP. Anyone can mash on the throttle in a straight line and pull the paddle shifter 3 times to hit 200. I started racing in an Elise with 160 hp and then supercharged it to little over 200 hp then moved to a 211 that weighed 1600 lbs with 265 HP - it was almost too much power to weight for me and boy did I spin that car many a time - ate humble pie. LotusCupUSA used to piggyback with PCA events and the Loti were always in the top 10. It was about power to weight. But the best drivers didn't need crazy HP to use as a crutch...it was about handling, and exit speed at turnout....not mashing on the throttle in a straight line to make up for the apex errors, using HP as a crutch. Of course, the more advanced racing buddies of mine moved on to Radicals...you can't beat those on track! Once you become a better driver sure add HP slowly, otherwise that much power is usually beyond one's capability (on track).

You can definitely beat radicals on the track. Just takes power and aero, lots of it :)

I disagree.

A local tuner shop that specializes in high hp v ettes , a real good friend of mine ,

builds track v ettes for customers and has done so for years. We have a track here in

N Texas (Cresson) and they cannot get enough power into the cars. The more power they put into

them , the faster the lap times. These guys are pros.. they have worked on all my cars over

the last decade, I use their dyno and my friend (owner) has had a lot of seat time in both of my TT Lambos...Past and present. We have had more challenging "spirited" runs on the street than the track can offer. The thing is , the cars are truly not an "on-off" switch..at least my car isn't as it's on pump gas and doesn't make huge , crazy power.... still at Stage 3.. but it's manageable , boost by gear , power. It's more linear than you can imagine. Drives like a stock car until you depress the throttle further. Oh, and when pushing hard.. CCB's will help tame it when coming into a corner hot.

You did not read my post right . You will go faster with more hp but the amount of hp needed to go faster is not proportional with a significant decrease in lap times .

Devils advocate... can't we have it both ways? I can enjoy the shit out of a stock SV (or ACR-E, or GT3RS) on a road course just as much as I can enjoy a 1400 RWHP car putting bus lengths on 1L street bikes doing highway pulls. If someone wants to give their SV (or ACR) a billion HP and use it for highway pulls, more power to them.

Sometimes I want a ribeye, other times a big ass BBQ burger sounds better. In the end it's the same dead cow and it's nice to be able to enjoy both flavors, one isn't intrinsically superior to the other. It might be sacrilege to slather some KC Masterpiece on a 22oz ribeye, but if that's what you like then have at it.

Can't we all just get along. :icon_mrgreen:

This is arguably more divisive than the politics thread. :lol2:

What sucks is having something like that running around out on the streets and worried about getting smoked by something. You can say after a loss, "well I have an SV" but it still hurts to get your nuts kicked in by a normal car with a turbo. Me, fk that, I want to be ready and not get embarrassed. To me, the SV should have been setup with at least 1,000 whp from the factory. ;)

These cars at 1,200 who drive just like stock just a lot faster, even the clutch setup is perfect.

It is rare that I raise a really serious point but this section really brings that out in me.

Over the years we have seen some great competitive results from your company and some exceptional build work. It is clear you are passionate and take immense pride in your product and its standing in the community.

But I think the above quote needs to be assessed in a very serious tone.

If people that take a 700bhp factory standard vehicle and utilise all that power on the road and find that they need to use all of that in order to beat someone else you are already at a very deeply unhinged level. There are very few place in the world where you can utilise a wide open throttle in more than two gears without encountering any other traffic let alone do so legally. Then double that bhp? I think marketing your product in such a way would not be in your best interest.

I am sure you can understand that what I am saying is not entirely unreasonable.

It is rare that I raise a really serious point but this section really brings that out in me.

Over the years we have seen some great competitive results from your company and some exceptional build work. It is clear you are passionate and take immense pride in your product and its standing in the community.

But I think the above quote needs to be assessed in a very serious tone.

If people that take a 700bhp factory standard vehicle and utilise all that power on the road and find that they need to use all of that in order to beat someone else you are already at a very deeply unhinged level. There are very few place in the world where you can utilise a wide open throttle in more than two gears without encountering any other traffic let alone do so legally. Then double that bhp? I think marketing your product in such a way would not be in your best interest.

I am sure you can understand that what I am saying is not entirely unreasonable.

Can you open up a stock SV legally on the streets?

Nope, but can you direct me to the last two bosses of Lambo referencing owners buying their product and getting their nuts kicked in and smoked and street in one quote?

Thanks in advance.

Nope, but can you direct me to the last two bosses of Lambo referencing owners buying their product and getting their nuts kicked in and smoked and street in one quote?

Thanks in advance.

Bone Stock GTR that was way cheaper than any exotic kicked everyone's nuts in. The last 5-10 years?

So bad lambo went to a dct and better awd. They have to upgrade their product to be competitive. Same shit racers do. They upgrade their car to keep up with their buddies.

Not to be a hypocrite as there probably is not a single member of this board that has not exceeded the speed limit , sometimes by a wide margin , on more than 1 occasion , myself included , but , and a big but , it is one thing driving fast and another racing on the street . Most races that I have witnessed occur when there is traffic and the consequences of street racing ,should somethhting go wrong are just too severe for me to condone the practice , and yes , I have street raced in the past, and it was not the smartest thing to do .

Anyway , I don't suppose I am going to change anyone's mindset and I do understand the quest for more HP , i just think it is useless to mod an already very capable car , but that is my opinion and obviously not all agree and that is cool.

So for those who will continue the practice , at least choose your spots carefully , killing yourselves is ok , don't kill any innocents out there and don't think for a moment it cannot happen to you

I think everyone needs to calm down. These guys only street race in Mexico. So all this talk is irrelevant.

I should be Moderator on here. I could make this forum great again!!!!!

there is an ass for every seat as they say..

IMO years ago I do agree that a TT kit was needed which is why I had a 1k HP G spyder.

these days with McLaren, SV's, 488's etc w/600-800HP+ is plenty of adrenaline and speed for me.(for occasional track days and rally's this is the perfect recipe)

I never once wished I had more power. now 10 years ago it was a different story.

I do understand some people need atleast 1k HP to make them smile which is fine w/me. (as long as no one gets hurt, like dad mentioned)

there is an ass for every seat as they say..

IMO years ago I do agree that a TT kit was needed which is why I had a 1k HP G spyder.

these days with McLaren, SV's, 488's etc w/600-800HP+ is plenty of adrenaline and speed for me.(for occasional track days and rally's this is the perfect recipe)

I never once wished I had more power. now 10 years ago it was a different story.

I do understand some people need atleast 1k HP to make them smile which is fine w/me. (as long as no one gets hurt, like dad mentioned)

Everybody is different, some just build a tolerance and want to go faster.

some just build a tolerance and want to go faster.

This is a great way to explain it. I have been satisfied 4 times now. And 4 times, I needed more power.

I guess it's all in how you are programmed. I remember thinking 1000 WHP was SO FAST... I also now feel like 1500 WHP has the brakes stuck on...

As far as getting on a road course. I have done some road course days with an instructor that is a very talented driver and a great friend. I could see taking the big power cars and having a blast in the strait, but the corners are where you need skill, not just brute force.

The high horse power cars are only going to do so well in the turns. You can only use what the car will allow you to put down in the turns. But I can totally see blasting down a strait in full boost giggling like a school girl.

Mike

Unfortunately roads have corners, bends, etc. going fast in a straight line it's fun once or twice, then I agree you need more power because it quickly becomes boring, then you need more power because it becomes even more boring and the cycle continues, every car guy knows what it means to get accustomed to the power and wanting more, you aren't the only ones.

The issue is, while it's fun and I am not saying it isn't, those type of cars with a ridiculous amount of horse power are just a one trick pony, also they can not be enjoyed on 99% of the public roads out there without risking instant death or jail time, yes you can use the car in the same manner you use a factory one but you can't use the party trick it's known for.

That's why I am saying they are unnecessary.

When UGR and other tuners started developing these cars I was thinking, why? But then they've made the greatest move ever even bigger then their builds, find venues and establish a new genre of motorsport, and artificially created a need for their product, I see that as a brilliant move, but as street cars in 99.99% of the situations you do not need the amount of HP these cars generate, you want is actually different from need so I am not arguing your want here.

Nobody is trying to take your toys away, I don't get the defensive responses every time someone says something about big HP modified exotics, we are just saying that we don't need that amount of power because in the environment and situations we are using our cars we can not use the additional power therefore majority sees this as unnecessary.

BTW I am willing to bet my house that most of you straight line warriors on a road course wouldn't know which way LPDADDY went in a car sporting half the HP :icon_mrgreen:

The car can be enjoyed on the street though. That's the beauty of it.

And ( and I'm not trying to be a jerk ) ... but if I can drive my car on the street I can surely drive my car on the track at low power.

Doesn't make me a one trick magic show. I can turn too. And still climb into the boost on a strait.

I can drive at 65 mph down the highway. I just have a hell of a lot more power in reserve.

Again, it's all in what you enjoy. Some love it stock, and that's awesome. Some don't , and that's awesome too.

It's not like we are adding underbody lights and spinners that have no gain on any type of driving experience. We just choose to improve on the power of our cars.

If someone was not a car savvy person , I could let them drive my car and they would know nothing of it being modified.

Mike

I'm sure that a turbo Huracan or G would perform great on a track if set up properly. There are videos out there of GTT cars at the Nurburgring and competing in New Zealand among other things.

One Lap of America would be the best test. It has been dominated the last six years by 1,000+hp GT-R's that compete year after year at a multitude of tracks and still manage to commute 3,000+ miles in a week without a problem. No reason a GTT or H couldn't do the same. Funny how you never hear the professional drivers that compete in that event complaining about how useless their highly modified cars are on track when they are running 2-4 times the original horsepower.

I can see both point of views as I'm not really the racing type. I'll be honest though and not saying this just cause I own a UR TTG. In Dallas where everyone is in competition with highest HP street builds I'm nowhere near the fastest by a lonnggg shot but when your cruising and a car for a lot less money just blows your door off getting up to hwy speed its embarrassing. In my case it was a chick in a 2014 mustang GT!! Talk about a kick in the NUTS!!

Now that my car is TT its so much more fun and has lost ZERO reliability.. My car is just a little ole 04 gallardo can't imagine dropping a HALF MIL on a such a sexy beast and it not perform like a HALF MIL... Especially when you have cars like the viper, Plastic mess-06, hellcat for so much less money. Like Kevin said at the end of the day it just becomes embarrassing.

Now obviously there's no twisties bends and all that jazz, but you can get an idea that it's pretty manageable around turns.

He is pussy footing around the corners lol . It is hard enough to get 700 or 800hp to hook up coming out of corner, never mind 1400hp+ . It can be done, yes, but it would require the entire car to be re-engineered in order to be safe. If a chassis is designed to handle 700hp, the factory over enigneer the car to let's say 900 hp, i am just using a figure per se as i don't the exact parameters. Now when you pump out double the hp, every component of the chassis is super stressed and will eventually fail.

The engine and transmission are the easier parts, as the tuners have shown they have the know how to make engines with stupid hp and make them last, on the street anyway .

The rest of the car will need to be completely overhauled and re-engineered , not a small task and a super expensive one. It would make no sense from a commercial point of view as the customer base would be very small or almost no existent.

UGR did amazing things with the Lamborghini platform (engine, clutch, transmission and yes even suspension) 2000whp may be only useful for straight line but trust me 850-1250 whp is good enough to beat ANY supercar in Nurburgring.

If modifying Lamborghinis is not your thing why do you even bother to read what We are posting in this section of the forum? :icon_butt:

I'd LOVE to see you race LPDaddy in a 1250hp gallardo vs a non modded one around a track.