Girl new to the world of Lambo

Saiy.Y

The "girl" thing is a strawman. The true variable here is your claim to be self-made. It's not credible, full stop.

Just to provide a little insight....i am not claiming to have "struck it rich in 6 month" or sudden woken up and loved cars. In all seriousness, read back through the many posts here and my forthcoming reasons for being open now. I never felt comfortable or encouraged and have taken a massive step to be open about it. It's not encouraged from a gender and cultural point of view for the position I am in. Too much focus shifted to how I could afford anything of such value, which I find to be a distraction - How and when I earned what I earned financially is immaterial to this effort and discussion. I expected, when I decided to start this effort, that this would not be an easy road. I went down a similar road as a female in tech and engineering and persevered - how often was I told this isn't the marketing department or are you here for an admin need....how quickly things change when one opens their mouth and let's their actions, intelligence, wit and personality speak for them.

I hope this is true. I've hired and mentored multiple minority female software engineers (including two UC Berkeley alum) and the desire to be perceived as equals to their white male counterparts is very real. I recall one 21-year-old in particular who wrote a moving essay that was recognized by the last White House administration. Their LinkedIn profiles (and their checking accounts) now show them as early and key technical team members of an exited startup.

If you want to have an impact on your peers, if you truly want to drive value for them, you may want to sprinkle in a "How I did it" video or two with your drive videos.

Enjoy your SV Roadster - fabulous choice.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL at all of this shit.

Clearly family money or a partners. Who cares...

The true variable here is your claim to be self-made. It's not credible.

This.

Congrats on the car, but I think her definition of self made is quite different from most people's IMO. But it's just that, my opinion.

The "girl" thing is a strawman. The true variable here is your claim to be self-made. It's not credible, full stop.

I hope this is true. I've hired and mentored multiple minority female software engineers (including two UC Berkeley alum) and the desire to be perceived as equals to their white male counterparts is very real. I recall one 21-year-old in particular who wrote a moving essay that was recognized by the last White House administration. Their LinkedIn profiles (and their checking accounts) now show them as early and key technical team members of an exited startup.

If you want to have an impact on your peers, if you truly want to drive value for them, you may want to sprinkle in a "How I did it" video or two with your drive videos.

Enjoy your SV Roadster - fabulous choice.

This isn't about how I make it or how to make X amount of money. That isn't the focus at all nor will it ever be. Appreciate your words and thoughts - thanks. For me this channel and this effort is about inspiring others to be comfortable to be open about passions in areas, like the automotive world, that are typically nontraditional.

Sai

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY9...615k5ElVuFFbmw

Follow me on Instagram: hey_sai_y

Meh, shes having fun.... I say good for her

Thanks. It's definitely been fun and I am excited to learn from everyone on these various forums and through meets/drive and expand my knowledge. Lots to learn and lots I want to dig into.

Sai

Try getting down to the Newport Beach lambo dealer for their exotics get together every month. You'll meet a ton of people there to network with

Try getting down to the Newport Beach lambo dealer for their exotics get together every month. You'll meet a ton of people there to network with

Great suggestion. Down in LA every few months and likely make a trip down with the SV in June/July at some point. Will check it out!

Sai

Thanks!! Appreciate the welcome. How do you deal with service being on the islands?

Sai

There is a large dealership that does service for the Lambo's and Ferrari. My friend purchased a 650s and they do not service that.. so he ships his car to sf to have it serviced once a year and takes it to the track while he is there. The last track he went to was in Sonoma. I'm hoping to ship one of my cars up there with him and join in. Not sure I would ship my sv.. but it is tempting as Oahu has no tracks.

Btw.. your YouTube videos remind me of stuff my 6 year old daughter likes to watch. Keep making the vids so I can have her watch and get as excited about cars as me and my son (her twin).

There is a large dealership that does service for the Lambo's and Ferrari. My friend purchased a 650s and they do not service that.. so he ships his car to sf to have it serviced once a year and takes it to the track while he is there. The last track he went to was in Sonoma. I'm hoping to ship one of my cars up there with him and join in. Not sure I would ship my sv.. but it is tempting as Oahu has no tracks.

Btw.. your YouTube videos remind me of stuff my 6 year old daughter likes to watch. Keep making the vids so I can have her watch and get as excited about cars as me and my son (her twin).

:) Let me know when you are up in the bay area. Sonoma is close. Not sure I will track my SV but who knows.

Sai

Switch gears a bit. Maybe a simple question...but on the topic of slip angles. I am assuming the slip angle on an SV can be increased by changing the size of both the front and rear track with aftermarket rims/tires. Is this affect negligible in terms of grip given the degree of grip already present in the SV? Something only noticed on a track?

Sai

This isn't about how I make it or how to make X amount of money. That isn't the focus at all nor will it ever be. Appreciate your words and thoughts - thanks. For me this channel and this effort is about inspiring others to be comfortable to be open about passions in areas, like the automotive world, that are typically nontraditional.

Sai

Hmmmm, this is starting to smell a little bit. You join Ferrari, multiple GTR, Lambo forums all over the past few days. START new threads basically saying LOOK AT ME I'M DIFFERENT, post pictures of yourself before anyone asked for one, nevermind pictures of your actual car(s), and then when someone spends 2 minutes trying to look for BS you call them out saying respect my privacy?? Maybe stop the whole look at my youtube, instagram, and new forums threads calling for attention? That's what you wanted right? You certainly now have people's attention now. And that is no different then every other youtuber trying to get famous. Privacy or fame, your choice.

And some other advice that I would give to my younger self, if you want to inspire women, having an Instagram showing your (theoretical) SV aren't much different then the other look at me OMG Instagram profiles, not very inspiring.... check rich kids of Instagram.

Maybe TEACHING women what it took to get you there, your path, your struggles, to get a point where you can afford $700k worth of cars at, what, 20 years old?, would be more worthwhile. I'm not a woman, but as someone that is trying to grow his career, frankly, i'm much more interested how you've accomplished this than seeing your SV. And that applies for many others on this forum. I love reading about that stuff. I can see an SV all day long, but if you aren't full of shit, and you really were successful, for what my two cents are worth, that story is much more interesting then what you think of your GTRs driving characteristics....

And if you didn't make it yourself, there is no shame in that either. I don't think anyone here really cares if you were given the money because someone significant in your life had passed, but what no one really cares for is a liar.

Hmmmm, this is starting to smell a little bit. You join Ferrari, multiple GTR, Lambo forums all over the past few days. START new threads basically saying LOOK AT ME I'M DIFFERENT, post pictures of yourself before anyone asked for one, nevermind pictures of your actual car(s), and then when someone spends 2 minutes trying to look for BS you call them out saying respect my privacy?? Maybe stop the whole look at my youtube, instagram, and new forums threads calling for attention? That's what you wanted right? You certainly now have people's attention now. And that is no different then every other youtuber trying to get famous. Privacy or fame, your choice.

And some other advice that I would give to my younger self, if you want to inspire women, having an Instagram showing your (theoretical) SV aren't much different then the other look at me OMG Instagram profiles, not very inspiring.... check rich kids of Instagram.

Maybe TEACHING women what it took to get you there, your path, your struggles, to get a point where you can afford $700k worth of cars at, what, 20 years old?, would be more worthwhile. I'm not a woman, but as someone that is trying to grow his career, frankly, i'm much more interested how you've accomplished this than seeing your SV. And that applies for many others on this forum. I love reading about that stuff. I can see an SV all day long, but if you aren't full of shit, and you really were successful, for what my two cents are worth, that story is much more interesting then what you think of your GTRs driving characteristics....

And if you didn't make it yourself, there is no shame in that either. I don't think anyone here really cares if you were given the money because someone significant in your life had passed, but what no one really cares for is a liar.

Thanks for taking the time to write the long comment. As I have said, this isn't about how money is made. No need to justify anymore if an SV roadster is coming...I think that has been addressed and we are way past that. The point of this effort is about the struggle to be open about passions that are not traditional for a role. Like it or not there are lots of barriers to this - that isn't debatable and its real. I hope to inspire others to get past those barriers and the way I chose to do that is by building a large following and to do it by action - by following my passion even if there are those that hate or dislike or disprove or say it can't and shouldn't be done. Have had a ton of support so far to balance the negative. You may not agree with my approach and that is your opinion and I respect that but it is the approach I am committing to. To be open about my passion involves being involved in the community. You are all so focused on the money on this board...I find that so interesting when this isn't about money at all. It would be a different story if I came out and said - look at me, I made X amount and I can tell you how to also.......that seems to be the artificial frame many of you choose to want to put around this project.

Sai

Do you have a YouTube Chanel?

I do..it's very early but will evolve every week with my experiences. Link is in my signature below.

Sai

I highly recommend everything this man says.

I also recommend you send him your cell phone number, as he has just purchased an impressive new Rolex, and he likes to text pics of it to fellow Lamborghini owners.

You are breaking the "Circle of Trust"............ no one must know of the watch man..........no one

That's the first rule of the watch...

Questioning is fine and great but seriously can some of you stop acting like virgins please.

So true :lol2:

One girl and LP loses its mind.

Switch gears a bit. Maybe a simple question...but on the topic of slip angles. I am assuming the slip angle on an SV can be increased by changing the size of both the front and rear track with aftermarket rims/tires. Is this affect negligible in terms of grip given the degree of grip already present in the SV? Something only noticed on a track?

Sai

To be frank, this is about the furthest thing you need to be concerned with right now. You haven't even driven the car, aren't sure you are even going to drive it on a track, and are questioning things you aren't skilled enough to even notice? Baby steps there bondurant.

Spend 2% of the sticker price on driving schools and get back to us.

The results will be as follows:

1: you still won't be near 8/10 the capability of the car

2: you realize despite everything the SV really isn't an OMG fantastic track car. It's awesome at a lot of things, but you can do a lot more with much less.

3: If you really enjoy track driving you'll want a GT3/GT3RS/Viper ACR-E.

4: If you're smart you'll buy a go-cart and a miata or cayman and learn how to drive a momentum car really well before you jump into a gazillion HP.

5: And you'll drive CAKE insane by never leaving her alone.

To be frank, this is about the furthest thing you need to be concerned with right now. You haven't even driven the car, aren't sure you are even going to drive it on a track, and are questioning things you aren't skilled enough to even notice? Baby steps there bondurant.

Spend 2% of the sticker price on driving schools and get back to us.

The results will be as follows:

1: you still won't be near 8/10 the capability of the car

2: you realize despite everything the SV really isn't an OMG fantastic track car. It's awesome at a lot of things, but you can do a lot more with much less.

3: If you really enjoy track driving you'll want a GT3/GT3RS/Viper ACR-E.

4: If you're smart you'll buy a go-cart and a miata or cayman and learn how to drive a momentum car really well before you jump into a gazillion HP.

5: And you'll drive CAKE insane by never leaving her alone.

Points noted. I have never tracked my GTR or driven on a track and correct I am not sure if I will want to. Was just a question as a curiosity if you consider slip angles and methods to affect them in your set up. That's all.

Sai

Track days are the most effective money spent if you are a car enthusiast and not a poseur. Honestly, the GTR would be an excellent track car, or as noname said a cayman, or Lotus. You'll have a blast, learn proper handling, braking etc..

I watched the video again and I'll just note some of my findings. A lot of other members have been encouraging and skeptical at the same time, so here's my take:

Every time you say "Aventador," it's almost like you just learned what the car is. It's not coming naturally from your vocabulary, it's very drawn out and emphasis or thought is placed into the word while you say it. Judging by your vocabulary and how your pronounce all of the other words you spoke, it sounds like you are a very well spoken individual and it gives me the impression that someone was coaching you on the pronunciation. Your body language also reflects that you are confirming approval from behind the camera as to if you said it right. As far as the specs you stated in the video, it seems as though most of them are being read off a sheet of paper and not coming from knowledge. Okay, cool. There is a ton of info about the Aventador that not everyone is going to remember. Whatever. The real question I have is: Why the Aventador SV? If you're very early in your career and by the sound of things had little to no knowledge of the car itself, it seems odd for you, a, we'll say 26 year old, to just go out and spend $700,000 on a car that you have little to no knowledge about. Your acquisition of this doesn't seem genuine, it seems sporadic and doesn't add up to me.

Track days are the most effective money spent if you are a car enthusiast and not a poseur. Honestly, the GTR would be an excellent track car, or as noname said a cayman, or Lotus. You'll have a blast, learn proper handling, braking etc..

That may be my next adventure...from the road to the track. That may be one good reason to keep the GTR even after the SV arrives.

Sai

Thanks for taking the time to write the long comment. As I have said, this isn't about how money is made. No need to justify anymore if an SV roadster is coming...I think that has been addressed and we are way past that. The point of this effort is about the struggle to be open about passions that are not traditional for a role. Like it or not there are lots of barriers to this - that isn't debatable and its real. I hope to inspire others to get past those barriers and the way I chose to do that is by building a large following and to do it by action - by following my passion even if there are those that hate or dislike or disprove or say it can't and shouldn't be done. Have had a ton of support so far to balance the negative. You may not agree with my approach and that is your opinion and I respect that but it is the approach I am committing to. To be open about my passion involves being involved in the community. You are all so focused on the money on this board...I find that so interesting when this isn't about money at all. It would be a different story if I came out and said - look at me, I made X amount and I can tell you how to also.......that seems to be the artificial frame many of you choose to want to put around this project.

Sai

You got it wrong, the greater majority doesn't care about how you've made your money they are questioning your legitimacy hence wanting to know how you've made your money, it's a big difference.

Personally I don't care but I can't help it think that in order for you to splash on a SV at 20 you would have to have 10 times that amount in a house for yourself, 20 to 30 times in investments etc. that is a substantial amount of wealth for a 20 year old then again you probably just bought a SV and a tent (when I was 10 year old I swore I'd do that, buy a Lambo and live in it LOL) if you've managed to do that by 20 that's fantastic but that raises some suspicion with the guys and girls here hence the grilling you are receiving from some.

At the end of the day, who cares? Let's hope for your sake you are legitimate because you will have a great time on this board on the other hand if you aren't you will be sniffed out sooner or later and that won't be good for you because you will be called out and embarrassed.

Either way good luck to you.

I watched the video again and I'll just note some of my findings. A lot of other members have been encouraging and skeptical at the same time, so here's my take:

Every time you say "Aventador," it's almost like you just learned what the car is. It's not coming naturally from your vocabulary, it's very drawn out and emphasis or thought is placed into the word while you say it. Judging by your vocabulary and how your pronounce all of the other words you spoke, it sounds like you are a very well spoken individual and it gives me the impression that someone was coaching you on the pronunciation. Your body language also reflects that you are confirming approval from behind the camera as to if you said it right. As far as the specs you stated in the video, it seems as though most of them are being read off a sheet of paper and not coming from knowledge. Okay, cool. There is a ton of info about the Aventador that not everyone is going to remember. Whatever. The real question I have is: Why the Aventador SV? If you're very early in your career and by the sound of things had little to no knowledge of the car itself, it seems odd for you, a, we'll say 26 year old, to just go out and spend $700,000 on a car that you have little to no knowledge about. Your acquisition of this doesn't seem genuine, it seems sporadic and doesn't add up to me.

Well....I actually know a tremendous amount about the SV...so not sure why you are making the assumption that I am ignorant as to the specifics of the car or it's details. The why? I ruled out the Huracan after driving it....just wasn't that impressed by it and to me it was marginally different from an R8 (with the V10) or the GTR. Well, in terms of Aventadors... for me the standard Aventador had a slew of issues...overall feel, lack of connection to the road, ride quality, ISR issues....many of which were addressed by the SV. I love the liberal use of carbon throughout the SV and the revamped exhaust note and more aggressive gear ratios. Of course I have not driven the SV to give 1st hand knowledge. It's pretty simple...the SV either appears or it doesn't in May/June.....would be pretty dumb to build it up and not have the car. And yes...I was nervous and am nervous still in front of a camera....great till it is in my face...working on it!

Sai